Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's full games of ASVEL in the Eurocup on YouTube to really get a handle on how he plays.
    Oh thanks I didn't know that
    Highlights were fine for a quick browsing though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is was the terrible game

https://youtu.be/MirZWplKeEs

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is long. But he looks awkward moving and has very little feel for the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Legend.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drom John (Macon, Georgia)

Do you have WARP projections for Davis Bertans and Livio Jean-Charles and other internationals who are allegedly coming over?

Kevin Pelton (3:46 PM)

Bertans looks like a fringe rotation player at this point. Jean-Charles hasn't projected as an NBA-caliber player since his ACL injury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Thanks for sharing Drom!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This sounds right. Bertans may possibly contribute here and there while LJC doesn't belong in this league.

Blaaaah
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like he actually signed a contract with the spurs.
    Well, he'll be in Austin for a while...

http://www.nba.com/spurs/san-antonio...-jean-charles/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've watched a couple of his Eurocup games recently and he ranged from unremarkable to terrible. Maybe the last one I watched was the worst game of the season, but it would have been harder to be worse, easily the worst player on the court.

He just isn't THAT great an athlete to overcome some severe lack of skills in the games I've watched. Small sample size, but he looks way, way behind the other kept draft & washers. Maybe he was still recovering from his injury, but his physical tools aren't that impressive.

He was getting wrecked on the glass against euro 4s, bad screens, turning down 3s, zero handle, ineffective footwork, turnovers, bad passes, bad drives, not strong enough or leveraged enough to defend bigs ...

I'll watch more games. But in all the euro picks that I was able to watch games over the years, LJC had the worst single game of all (Sanikidze, Mahinmi, De Colo, Hanga, Bertans, Javtokas, Milutinov, Dangubic, splitter, Scola).

Milutinov by contrast looks like he could play minutes right now, rotation minutes.
    This jives with what we saw during the SL. Only thing that's positive is that he seemed to have a good sense of what the right play was, even though he wasn't always aware of what his role in that play was supposed to be.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the kid was some athletic freak then I can see us hanging on to him because of his potential. But he is not I know he did the team a solid by waiting to come over but I just don't see him developing to anything above D - League.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How's he looked in the d-league so far?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not great.

Season Tm G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% 2P 2PA 2P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
    2016-17 AUS 4 3 28.0 4.0 7.0 .571 0.0 0.0 4.0 7.0 .571 1.5 1.8 .857 2.5 5.8 8.3 1.5 0.8 0.5 2.5 3.3 9.5
    Career 4 3 28.0 4.0 7.0 .571 0.0 0.0 4.0 7.0 .571 1.5 1.8 .857 2.5 5.8 8.3 1.5 0.8 0.5 2.5 3.3 9.5

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well 1 for 2 there Mr. Pelton
    Looking at the D League stats, he will probably never be an NBA player. Well, pre-injury seemed like a good pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The offensive stats aren't horrible. 10/8/2 in 28 minutes is fine given how many people are ahead of him on offense. But he really needs more defensive stats. Dude has no chance in the league if he can't dominate on that end.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The offensive stats aren't horrible. 10/8/2 in 28 minutes is fine given how many people are ahead of him on offense. But he really needs more defensive stats. Dude has no chance in the league if he can't dominate on that end.
    Outside of the turnover rate, those offensive stats are fine in a vacuum. But without any shooting range, he's got to be 80% of Tony Allen to get another call up.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chinook did the Pacers draft Bertans, or did RC tell them to pick him?

If that was all Larry Bird.... then enough is enough. RC has to quit drafting euro bums. He's clearly bad at it. Tony Parker was Presti's guy

LJC, Milutinov, etc etc. waste of picks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chinook did the Pacers draft Bertans, or did RC tell them to pick him?

If that was all Larry Bird.... then enough is enough. RC has to quit drafting euro bums. He's clearly bad at it. Tony Parker was Presti's guy

LJC, Milutinov, etc etc. waste of picks
    RC told him to. Bertans was rumored to the Spurs at 29 for weeks before the draft. He would probably have been their pick had no trade gone down.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RC told him to. Bertans was rumored to the Spurs at 29 for weeks before the draft. He would probably have been their pick had no trade gone down.
    Gotcha thanks

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any one see him play in Austin? Any flashed or is he completely done for?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was playing yesterday in french semi final with Asvel vs Strasbourg, had a nice game with 14 pts ( 7/12 ) 9 rebounds 3 assists 1 block and made the game winner with 4 sec left. Looks like he's in a better shape than a year ago.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was playing yesterday in french semi final with Asvel vs Strasbourg, had a nice game with 14 pts ( 7/12 ) 9 rebounds 3 assists 1 block and made the game winner with 4 sec left. Looks like he's in a better shape than a year ago.
    Nice find! Not holding my breath on this guy, but would be good to see him at summer league again. Spurs need cheap labor

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was surprised to see him, i agree with you i'm not sold on him now, all will depend on his physical.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He actually played really good with the Toros this year he had a couple double double games. You can see a difference In that his spring is back and I was surprised he is a pretty good passer and his mid range was also good. If he continues I can actually see him making the roster next year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He actually played really good with the Toros this year he had a couple double double games. You can see a difference In that his spring is back and I was surprised he is a pretty good passer and his mid range was also good. If he continues I can actually see him making the roster next year.
    Can't pass up that mid range ... ha!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tell that to Green. Lol

Thread Information