Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think they'd give us Antetokounmpo for Fathead?
    if the bucks front office had mental re ation they might..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no team would give the spurs anything of value for Mr 30 minutes no stats Anderson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the little troll has jinxed every other SF/wing on the team.
    the more he trolls the more all other wings are getting injured.

At this rate Rudy’s other Achilles is going to explode too

Anyways... Pop has finally explained some of what’s been going on with Kawhi and it doesn’t sound good.

After months of rehab and a careful approach with rest games in between, not playing consecutive games, not playing without 2 days rest in between games, etc. he’s still feeling pain and the situation appeared to be worsening, instead of getting better.

Prayers up for Kiwi at this point.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 01-18-2018 at 02:52 AM. Reason: Tweet code had errors initially

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sucks for Kawhi, hopefully he'll be able to heal and play soon.

Trade deadline is only 3 weeks away, it'll be interesting how the Spurs approach it with all these injuries. Probably a good thing it's earlier than in previous seasons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Anyways... Pop has finally explained some of what’s been going on with Kawhi and it doesn’t sound good.

After months of rehab and a careful approach with rest games in between, not playing consecutive games, not playing without 2 days rest in between games, etc. he’s still feeling pain and the situation appeared to be worsening, instead of getting better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's weird when Kyle Anderson talks lip to me..
    Should be working on his shiity offense and ty defense..
    not posting on spurstalk..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And how the did he injure this to begin with? He went from an ankle injury and missing the rest of the playoffs, to his off-season routine and suddenly when he hits camp, he can't play because of vague pain in his quad. Pain so bad he was out 3 months. Came back for 9 games here and there and is out again maybe for the season. Weirdest injury I have ever seen.. Who gets hurt like this in the off-season?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And how the did he injure this to begin with? He went from an ankle injury and missing the rest of the playoffs, to his off-season routine and suddenly when he hits camp, he can't play because of vague pain in his quad. Pain so bad he was out 3 months. Came back for 9 games here and there and is out again maybe for the season. Weirdest injury I have ever seen.. Who gets hurt like this in the off-season?
    Amputate

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We must wait and see. Sucks that takes too long to heal, but i don't thing that he's career is over. Anyway, 'm starting to worry about a injury prone Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry if anything like this has already been posted but I haven't been able to read the board in a few days and have just a few minutes to post before I have to pretend to work...

Dallas radio host, who is a big spurs fan, just said he spoke to a source he has with in the spurs. This is what he was told about the kawhi injury

- There is serious angst amongst the spurs and kawhi over the injury. Kawhi feels the spurs mishandled the injury last year and is now using his own doctors for treatment

- Because he's not using team doctors the spurs have been silent about him bc they don't have much information themselves and are kinda in the dark

- The reports they have are not good. They are saying it's severe tendinitis and are using words like diseased and degenerative

- There is real fear that kawhi will never be able to play 82 games again and that he will likely deal with this for the rest of his career.

- Finally, he said he was told to expect kawhi to be out at least 4 to 5 weeks this go around.

So yeah. That's the info he dropped. Hes not a random dude and I fully trust he has sources that are in the know on this stuff. If it's all true 5uts super depressing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Per Pop:

We said indefinite just so that I wouldn't have to keep answering your questions every day.
    https://streamable.com/1acwu

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry if anything like this has already been posted but I haven't been able to read the board in a few days and have just a few minutes to post before I have to pretend to work...

Dallas radio host, who is a big spurs fan, just said he spoke to a source he has with in the spurs. This is what he was told about the kawhi injury

- There is serious angst amongst the spurs and kawhi over the injury. Kawhi feels the spurs mishandled the injury last year and is now using his own doctors for treatment

- Because he's not using team doctors the spurs have been silent about him bc they don't have much information themselves and are kinda in the dark

- The reports they have are not good. They are saying it's severe tendinitis and are using words like diseased and degenerative

- There is real fear that kawhi will never be able to play 82 games again and that he will likely deal with this for the rest of his career.

- Finally, he said he was told to expect kawhi to be out at least 4 to 5 weeks this go around.

So yeah. That's the info he dropped. Hes not a random dude and I fully trust he has sources that are in the know on this stuff. If it's all true 5uts super depressing
    I’m not sure there could be a worse report than this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only "Dallas radio Host" that fits this description two posts above is Craig Miller on the Ticket radio station on the 1310 morning show. Can anyone else in the DFW area confirm that Miller stated this on air?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I was expecting about a month for Kawhi honestly. Some of this makes sense, especially the part about SA being in the dark, which explains why the Spurs had no timeline and genuinely seemed like they didn't know much, and it wasn't CIA Pop like many here proclaimed.

I'm just thinking if Kawhi felt pain and/or felt it was mishandled, why he didn't consult with his doctor about it last year? And he's been talking like he wanted to come back, especially the quote after the Denver game I think, almost as if he felt the team wasn't playing him enough.

There's probably frustration from both ends at this point. If he can come back and play again, that should hopefully smooth over any angst

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only "Dallas radio Host" that fits this description two posts above is Craig Miller on the Ticket radio station on the 1310 morning show. Can anyone else in the DFW area confirm that Miller stated this on air?
    Is he legit?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought Kawhi said he didn't have this injury last season? I don't know who to believe anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought Kawhi said he didn't have this injury last season? I don't know who to believe anymore.
    Why doesn't Wikileaks hack the Spurs servers instead of all this government BS. I want the truth. (Or at least the Kremlin approved truth).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Craig Miller is a Spurs fan and his word would carry weight if he actually made these statements. When I have some time this weekend I should be able to track the statement down if it occurred .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmmm it wouldn’t surprise if it was indeed severe tendinitis just based on how long it’s taken him to rehab and come back and the fact it recurred as soon as he tried to start playing again. It’s alarming if indeed this is something that’s always going to plague him for his career and that will prevent him from playing a full season. Still tbd

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If true I can see KL walking away from the Spurs anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If true I can see KL walking away from the Spurs anyway.
    Imo, the only way he retires a Spur will be because of health reasons in the near future. In the end, I think this episode - along with the awful moves the team seems to be making lately - will sway Kawhi to take his talents elsewhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Better hope this guy is bull ting; otherwise this is starting to take a really awful turn for the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe ready to eat crow here. If that radio news report is indeed true that Kawhi is using his own doctors then it makes sense that PATFO is in the dark as to his real status.
    Last edited by peacemaker885; 01-18-2018 at 01:55 PM.

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why doesn't Wikileaks hack the Spurs servers instead of all this government BS. I want the truth. (Or at least the Kremlin approved truth).
    That would be awesome tbh

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Again?

Thread Information