Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How are the Pels this bad? Zion+Ingram+Zo and good role players.
    They had Davis for years.. come on. Spurs are better off getting the extra experience playing the play-in, and even in the playoffs if ever they're lucky. And whoever we pick at 11th or 12th will be better. Enjoy the ride.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They had Davis for years.. come on. Spurs are better off getting the extra experience playing the play-in, and even in the playoffs if ever they're lucky. And whoever we pick at 11th or 12th will be better. Enjoy the ride.
    I normally agree with your takes but a single one game play in without fully stacked arenas isnt likely to do much of anything for these guys. Especially the ones that really need the seasoning like Luka and Devin.

I'm just a proponent of getting the highest pick to improve the trajectory of this team, a team that is clearly on a straight path to being mediocre as far out as the eye can see.

Our best player (scoring wise) is about to be gone. And while that may be addition by subtraction defensively, we are not likely to be markedly better next year with another bench-riding rookie like Devin and Luka.

We need a game changer. The best odds for that occurring is getting into that top 6 or so, or especially, top 4. Those odds are better with the Pels passing us. Thats the point of my post.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our shot at a top 4 is greater than 10% with just a slight change in the rankings. Theres a difference between picking 11th or 12th and picking 6th and up. The odds only increase with each step down the rankings we go.

Otherwise, this team, as currently comprised, is in the fruitless purgatory of abject mediocrity.
    We’re not going to drop out of the play in. We’re losing big, but so is everyone else. We’re going to be slotted #13. You really need to wrap your head around that, and stop living in Disney dream land.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We’re not going to drop out of the play in. We’re losing big, but so is everyone else. We’re going to be slotted #13. You really need to wrap your head around that, and stop living in Disney dream land.
    Lol. Have you read anything I wrote, including this post? I'm well aware we arent dropping further. That's why I'm saying the Pelicans. Even with us going 0-10, I said above, we are not going to make it below them. It is pathetic we can not drop even going winless.

I'm now merely debating with ppl that think there's wisdom for trying to hold onto the 10th seed.

There isn't any. Actual dreamlanders think there will be benefit to next season with some magical lift to our psyche. I'll settle in reality that the only thing that is going to improve us is better players borne from picking earlier in the draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I normally agree with your takes but a single one game play in without fully stacked arenas isnt likely to do much of anything for these guys. Especially the ones that really need the seasoning like Luka and Devin.

I'm just a proponent of getting the highest pick to improve the trajectory of this team, a team that is clearly on a straight path to being mediocre as far out as the eye can see.

Our best player (scoring wise) is about to be gone. And while that may be addition by subtraction defensively, we are not likely to be markedly better next year with another bench-riding rookie like Devin and Luka.

We need a game changer. The best odds for that occurring is getting into that top 6 or so, or especially, top 4. Those odds are better with the Pels passing us. Thats the point of my post.
    Call me crazy, but I think Pop is just giving Rudy and Patty some run for now to earn their next contract. But once we're in the play-in, Pop gets in the playoff mode and will give his youngsters some valuable experience like the bubble to get them ready for next season. This team is much better than it's showing. Rudy/Mills will be gone next year. I'm not sure about Demar. But whoever we pick, will be better than who Pelicans pick so it wouldn't matter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is what weve become? Hating teams that are tier then us

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is what happens when your best player has a low bball IQ defensively and doesn't even try half the time because that's what Zion is doing and the other lesser players see that and the whole thing collapses.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're only 1.5 games back from the 11th pick and the team that currently has that pick has been winning lately.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On paper, they're so much better than us.

Not sure how they're so

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's really ironic when you think about it. I find myself wanting better draft position but the Pels found themselves with the first pick in the draft, a true Tanker's dream. They get Zion and look at them, they can't even make the play-offs. The last time they had the first pick in the draft, they got AD and underperformed as well.

Getting the first pick doesn't guarantee you're on the road to the LOB. Kobe, Lebron and Timmy don't come around every draft.
    Last edited by Ocotillo; 05-04-2021 at 06:02 PM. Reason: grammar

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's really ironic when you think about it. I find myself wanting better draft position but the Pels found themselves with the first pick in the draft, a true Tanker's dream. They get Zion and look at them, they can't even make the play-offs. The last time they had the first pick in the draft, they got AD and underperformed as well.

Getting the first pick doesn't guarantee you're on the road to the LOB. Kobe, Lebron and Timmy don't come around every draft.
    Kobe wasn’t the first pick though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not sure how they're so
    Because the game isn’t played on paper. A collection of good players won’t necessarily beat a team of players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even Silver can't get a Zion appearance in the playoffs .... or could he...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not sure how they're so
    they don't have enough 3-point shooters on the floor just like our team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe wasn’t the first pick though.
    Yeah, I was just rattling off some "franchise" players. KD, Giannis and Dirk were others who were not selected first either. Just sayin' tanking doesn't guarantee there will be franchise direction changing player will be in the draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not sure how they're so
    The ty overrated crap that the Lakers' drafted and that folks like Bynumite and LkrFan wanted to make us believe were good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I was just rattling off some "franchise" players. KD, Giannis and Dirk were others who were not selected first either. Just sayin' tanking doesn't guarantee there will be franchise direction changing player will be in the draft.
    True but I still feel like this team does better than most franchises at finding talent in the draft. The only thing that will worry me is the en lement of star players now who will just leave to bigger markets like we experienced with Nephew. Pelicans for sure are like the Timberwolves. They are horrible no matter what player they get. I feel like the Spurs would do a better job with high lottery picks but I guess we will see when it comes to that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True but I still feel like this team does better than most franchises at finding talent in the draft. The only thing that will worry me is the en lement of star players now who will just leave to bigger markets like we experienced with Nephew. Pelicans for sure are like the Timberwolves. They are horrible no matter what player they get. I feel like the Spurs would do a better job with high lottery picks but I guess we will see when it comes to that.
    Yeah, unfortunately I don't see another Duncan/Kobe/Dirk player anytime soon who will stick with their team the entire length of their career.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the "play-in experience". If they hold off the Pelicans, it's going to be one game vs the Warriors, they'll inevitably lose it (even if it's close throughout, the league won't want their TV partners to miss out on the opportunity for one of their glamour franchises/players to make the playoffs, which means so called 50/50 and phantom calls will be heavily weighted in their favor) and be saddled with a late lottery pick, where they'll pick another role player to add to the collection.

This franchise is in arguably the worst position in the league going forward and the amazing thing is, there's a sizable portion of this board who doesn't see it through their myopic, role colored glasses view.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, unfortunately I don't see another Duncan/Kobe/Dirk player anytime soon who will stick with their team the entire length of their career.
    Kobe was in LA, so he didn't need to leave for a big market.
    Also he dropped in the draft because it was known he wouldn't sign with certain teams.
    Of course the other reason was the uneven starts of previous straight to pro players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    now Zion out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, Zion with a broken finger...

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/p...eam-announces/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No team has the means to take 10th from us

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No team wants that 10 seed play in. Except Chicago. Man if they miss out after the trade deadline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coaching staff now can finalise rotation, get players rested and healthy, scout only 4 teams for the play ins.

Thread Information