Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So RealGM is back on the warpath with this: http://forums.realgm.com/boards/view...3708#p49503708

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LA for Smart and filer must've been wishful thining from a Celtic fan....there's no way we would ever give him away like that....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rumors...that's all what it is.......Don't count on it.......

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ESPN now considers the Celtics as the new Powerhouse aka ¨The new Bulls HypeMachine¨ WTF...

Yeah I don't understand it.

Such an overrated team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LA for Smart and filer must've been wishful thining from a Celtic fan....there's no way we would ever give him away like that....
    Then you have this:

Wolves: Lamarcus, Mills

Spurs: Dieng, Rubio, Bjelica, and if needed, top 10 protected first
    I threw up in my mouth a little when writing that. Only saving grace is it came from a Bulls fan, and there's nobody that undervalues LMA like they do in Chicago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've heard that Pop's wife isn't doing the best and is stuck at home. Pop staying was part of LMA's wanting to come to San Antonio. If Pop decides to hang it up because of family issues, LMA wanting to leave is a very real possibility. Unfortunately, the Spurs probably won't get much in return.

With Golden State being the super team that they are, it's probably best to rebuild and tank now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    contracts of jefferson, parker, and ginobli
    letting Boban walk
    getting rid of Jackson right before the playoffs

those are 6 things that occured the past 6 years. We are a well ran organization, but we for damn sure aren't perfect
    Can we please stop with the "letting Boban walk" stuff. Of course the Spurs let him go, he's not remotely close to being worth what Detroit paid for him. That's total insanity.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then you have this:

I threw up in my mouth a little when writing that. Only saving grace is it came from a Bulls fan, and there's nobody that undervalues LMA like they do in Chicago.
    It's amazing how some people replace cognitive thought with dreams and put it out there...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder which teams they will contact if this were true?

She's talking like he would go to Boston, and they are sitting almost at the salary cap line. So they would have to send back enough salary to make the trade work, without gutting their roster.

IF the "rumors" were true, and LMA is dissatisfied and wanting to be traded? The Spurs would probably look for teams with cap space and picks. And that would pretty much limit it to Philly, Denver, and Utah. The Spurs would be looking for something like a serviceable young player, plus an expiring, plus a decent first round pick next year - plus shedding some salary right away in the deal. That would put the Spurs firmly in rebuilding mode, but it would give them a lottery pick next year (plus their own first round pick), hopefully a good young player from the trade, plus the cap space to try and sign another good FA.

Of course, if that happened, the Spurs would be ed in future free agent efforts. They already have enough trouble competing with big market teams for top FA's. A weak-assed move like that would make it a lot harder to get a good free agent next year, to go along with their newly acquired first-rounder. In other words, things would have to be really bad between the team and LMA for the Spurs to trade him. I don't think things are bad at all, but they just aren't that bad.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jackie is a ing moron.
    She's a moron who has closer ties to Pop and RC than any Spurs beat writer at the moment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She's a moron who has closer ties to Pop and RC than any Spurs beat writer at the moment.

Then she's a beat writer with close ties to Pop and RC who hasn't given any thought to how the cap affects trades.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She's talking like he would go to Boston, and they are sitting almost at the salary cap line. So they would have to send back enough salary to make the trade work, without gutting their roster.

IF the "rumors" were true, and LMA is dissatisfied and wanting to be traded? The Spurs would probably look for teams with cap space and picks. And that would pretty much limit it to Philly, Denver, and Utah. The Spurs would be looking for something like a serviceable young player, plus an expiring, plus a decent first round pick next year - plus shedding some salary right away in the deal. That would put the Spurs firmly in rebuilding mode, but it would give them a lottery pick next year (plus their own first round pick), hopefully a good young player from the trade, plus the cap space to try and sign another good FA.

Of course, if that happened, the Spurs would be ed in future free agent efforts. They already have enough trouble competing with big market teams for top FA's. A weak-assed move like that would make it a lot harder to get a good free agent next year, to go along with their newly acquired first-rounder. In other words, things would have to be really bad between the team and LMA for the Spurs to trade him. I don't think things are bad at all, but they just aren't that bad.
    I don't think this has anything to do with LaMarcus not being happy.

I think this has a lot to do with the Spurs not being happy, and looking at the reality of the situation. LaMarcus is supposed to be a leader of this team and he spends his entire summer for the second straight year, not doing anything -- coming into camp looking doughy again. It's an overlooked aspect thats more important than what people think, especially for a leader of a team with championship aspirations. Combine that situation, with the fact that LaMarcus is set for a max raise to 25-28 mil per in 2 years or he'll opt out and sign elsewhere, I can understand why Spurs may want to trade him now and try to sell him while his value is still high.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hit the nail on the head.

Spurs are not going to move an unwilling LMA because it would make them look extremely unprofessional. They would be looking a gift horse in the mouth by turning on the first big-name free agent that has signed here in over a decade, while simultaneously jump-starting a rebuilding period which would probably last another decade.

If LMA really wants out, maybe that's a different story...but I really don't see any real indication of that other than a bunch of media squawkers grasping at straws during the dog days of the offseason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jackie is a ing moron.
    Exactly: she's another blowhard and ESPN is going 'all out' since they are losing viewers to FS1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've heard that Pop's wife isn't doing the best and is stuck at home. Pop staying was part of LMA's wanting to come to San Antonio. If Pop decides to hang it up because of family issues, LMA wanting to leave is a very real possibility. Unfortunately, the Spurs probably won't get much in return.

With Golden State being the super team that they are, it's probably best to rebuild and tank now.
    Where did you hear this? That's sad news if true.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think this has anything to do with LaMarcus not being happy.

I think this has a lot to do with the Spurs not being happy, and looking at the reality of the situation. LaMarcus is supposed to be a leader of this team and he spends his entire summer for the second straight year, not doing anything -- coming into camp looking doughy again. It's an overlooked aspect thats more important than what people think, especially for a leader of a team with championship aspirations. Combine that situation, with the fact that LaMarcus is set for a max raise to 25-28 mil per in 2 years or he'll opt out and sign elsewhere, I can understand why Spurs may want to trade him now and try to sell him while his value is still high.

I'm not saying LMA is unhappy. I'm saying that would be the only way the Spurs would be looking to trade him. You agree that trading LMA would put the Spurs firmly into re-build mode... right? They would have to slide Kyle/Bertans/Lee into his spot, or acquire another PF in the trade. And why would anyone make the trade of one good PF for another?

If the Spurs wanted to go into rebuild mode, they had the perfect opportunity this offseason. Instead, they held onto all their best players, and went hard after Gasol in the FA market. That says that they had no intention of going the rebuild route this year. How bad would LMA have to be to get them to shift gears like that, and do something they had no intention of doing? You're saying that because LMA "came into camp looking doughy again", they have decided to go into rebuild mode now, when their options are much more limited? I understand what you're saying, I just don't buy it.

BUT... even if you're 100% right, how does Boston come up being the trade partner the Spurs would need to make a deal like that? When they asked her if she would want LMA, they were talking about IN BOSTON - which means that she's a Boston homer. That alone makes me question what she said. Then her first response to the question was, "No, not after what I heard this week." So what are we saying here? The Spurs FO is totally down on LMA, and they told a Boston homer reporter about it, which would weaken LMA's trade value? None of it makes any sense.

One last thing - you said that LMA came into camp doughy last year, too. He had a pretty ing good season, regardless of what the haters here think. If he comes back playing exactly like he did last season, it's hardly reason to dump him for a bag of chips and go into involuntary rebuild mode. The math just doesn't work for me here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where did you hear this? That's sad news if true.
    I read it as a side-note in an article somewhere a week or so ago. Let me see if I can find it again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    McMillian apparently said she that she did want him on Boston later. I definitely think people see him as available given how many folks are completely ing out due to the Warriors. But if the last five years have taught us anything it's that it's idiotic to try to wait out top teams. More windows stay closed teams with young players pitch to their fans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly: she's another blowhard and ESPN is going 'all out' since they are losing viewers to FS1
    Off topic, but this is true. Fox Sports used to be a comedic attempt at being ESPN, but FS1 is legit. I've switched over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    uhhh we already made the HEB commercials

not gonna happen!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jabari Young from SAEN just confirmed it on twitter. He's on the block.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

not gonna happen!
    Bruce Bowen was traded while he also had HEB Commercials.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

not gonna happen!
    +1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jabari Young from SAEN just confirmed it on twitter. He's on the block.
    He just confirmed the exact same rumor that started with Jackie. He didn't post any new updates or news.

http://m.mysanantonio.com/sports/spu...re-9981115.php

And now this will continue to get out of hand and make something out of nothing..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He just confirmed the exact same rumor that started with Jackie. He didn't post any new updates or news.

http://m.mysanantonio.com/sports/spu...re-9981115.php

And now this will continue to get out of hand and make something out of nothing..
    Have we seen this kind of rumors before regarding a Spurs starter? This is crazy! But it makes sense for Spurs to clear out cap room for next season.

Thread Information