Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Steve Vladeck reading the tea leaves:

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Really! I'm just totally confused at why for a second election cycle that the polling in these states are so off
    People don’t answer their phones to numbers they don’t know. If they do answer, and it’s a political survey, they hang up.

People lie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm as bleeding heart as they come and even I despise "woke ." It's created a suffocating politically correct culture where you're labeled a racist for even the slightest off-color joke that pokes fun at ethnic stereotypes. A joke like "comb the desert" from Spaceballs would invite a social justice warrior wrath that would likely have that joke edited out if it were released today. But what I think really fuels the white grievance here is the double standards of its application. There's no joke or comments that are off limits if they're about white people. Tell a joke about how rednecks love to their cousins, and you get laughs. Tell a joke about how black people have ashy skin, and you're "cancelled."

The pandering is also pathetic. "Woke capital" is the term. The way Netflix, Amazon, and such have sections for "Black stories" and how the entertainment industry will cast people-of-color in roles that were traditionally "white." I have no problem with that in theory, but in today's climate, the passive-aggressiveness of doing that is obvious. Sure, I'm all for more people-of-color and other marginalized groups in leading creative roles, but give them their own stories rather than try to stir up by casting a black Sherlock Holmes. Again, I want to clarify that I think something like a black Sherlock Holmes would be cool, but it'll just generate more trouble than its worth given our current cultural and political landscape.
    yeah basically this. i always understood the "woke culture" to mostly be about language and being hyper obsessed with introducing diversity even where it isnt really being called for... but i never equated it with adopting major policy positions

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People don’t answer their phones to numbers they don’t know. If they do answer, and it’s a political survey, they hang up.

People lie.
    the response rates to polls/surveys are well under 5% arent they?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rural v. Cities deal with such different cir stances

this election, once again, drives home the salient point concerning what this county is.

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    It didn’t get bipartisan support because the GOP senators don’t give two s about doing what American voters want them to do. You’re saying Pelosi is the problem when she’s the one who’s actually doing what the American people want in terms of a stimulus package.
    First, I can’t find anything supporting your 60% argument....I’m assuming you’re telling the truth, but I can’t find it anywhere. Second, what the American people want versus what the American people need are two very different things. I want one of those new Tesla Cyber Trucks....doesn’t mean I need one. Much like everyone wants a bunch of free money, not like everyone needs it. And absolutely no one other than the folks involved, wants or needs a bunch of money for the national endowment of the Arts (one of many small pork items in the bill).

Either way, I’m heading off to work. You guys enjoy the nightmare unfolding before our very eyes!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see where the Democrats go after tonight. Even if Biden wins who the do they run in 2024 and not get massacred? Harris won't stand a chance if Trump or Uday runs and the Democratic bench is horrible. The Democrats are like the Lakers if you took away LeBron and AD.
    Democratic Party = Washington Generals

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if Biden wins, you have to say Trump is going to go down as one of the most wildly successful Republican leaders of all time. He cemented a rock-solid fascist Supreme Court majority, turned the federal court system very hard right, passed an enormous tax blowjob for the rich, and it didn't cost him in the senate, leaving a potential president Biden a lame duck and the Democrats will have absolutely nothing to run on in the 2024 election. The Democratic party is in absolute ing shambles. Now I'm just waiting for Uncle Thomas to retire and have another ACB rammed through in his place.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's do this, mother ers!

Nate Cohn, in New York 27m ago

Biden has won Pennsylvania absentee ballots by an overwhelming margin so far. If he carried the remaining absentee ballots by a similar margin, he would win the state. Read more ›

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a cluster

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m guessing he sleeps until 11....gotta get those 12 hours of sleep a night!
    He sleeps 3-4 hours a day

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    the response rates to polls/surveys are well under 5% arent they?
    No idea, but I would say they’re about as reliable as a yahoo! internet poll.

Plus as we’ve found out in the last two elections, a good percentage of Trump supporters don’t respond to political polls/surveys or won’t admit they’re Trump supporters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Many mail-in votes to come in from more than just Atlanta in GA. Looking very flippable at the moment.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    He sleeps 3-4 hours a day

8 hours laying in bed tweeting still counts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah basically this. i always understood the "woke culture" to mostly be about language and being hyper obsessed with introducing diversity even where it isnt really being called for... but i never equated it with adopting major policy positions
    yep

these more cultural shifts that are sometimes fleeting fare poorly when a law is made to rectify them. It’s hard enough trying to adopt tax rules to solve a huge wealth gap without unduly punishing People that are honest and playing by the rules. In this case I believe a cultural shift must occur that produces different behaviors concerning the ac ulation of wealth and power. This is where revolutions come in “handy” Have the Cuban US citizens in Florida learned a history lesson?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The pos is probably going to win even without the courts
    Biden's chances look decent in MI, WI and GA this morning. That's all would need, presuming he also gets AZ and NV.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Biden's chances look decent in MI, WI and GA this morning. That's all would need, presuming he also gets AZ and NV.
    I thought if Biden holds AZ, NV, and Wisconsin, I believe he only needs one of MI or GA, not both.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dudes I went to sleep around 3AM and Biden was ed from what I saw. I woke up and he’s infinitely in a better spot now.

I really just want Trump gone. A Biden presidency will accomplish nothing in the grand scheme.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dudes I went to sleep around 3AM and Biden was ed from what I saw. I woke up and he’s infinitely in a better spot now.

I really just want Trump gone. A Biden presidency will accomplish nothing in the grand scheme.
    damn dude, have you been bernie-pilled?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump tripled his majority in Florida, and comfortably won Texas and Ohio, where the shattered punditocracy had claimed the opposite would happen. It seems obvious that the liberal-centrists of America don’t know their country at all. The east and west coast political salons – a giant, self-referential bubble – are bust.

The man who has presided over the coronavirus catastrophe, governs a maelstrom of mass unemployment, mass poverty and extreme levels of hunger and homelessness, has somehow won. Even if it depends what you mean by won.

Onwards to the Supreme Court, stuffed to the gills with conservative justices, like a giant Christmas turkey. It’s enough to make a horse laugh.

- George Galloway

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    What a bizarre election cycle

Ah well, if it goes like it's going at least we won't get riots here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    biden just took a lead in michigan with 93% in

narrowest of margins, about 3k votes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its Biden

And it was a clusterfck when the blue team picked Biden for you, it’s not like it JUST happened. You thrive on drama. In koriwhat’s lingo, you are so beta...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden just took the lead in Michigan!

And Wayne County has yet to move. Looks like Oakland gave him the lead. Trump looks beyond ed now.

https://results.decisiondeskhq.com/2...neral/michigan

Thread Information