Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's sickening how afraid of LMA we are that we treat him with kid gloves... No other player could choke in the playoffs after pouting for an entire season... Demand a trade without reason (until he HAD to sit with Pop because no one would trade for him)... Be given an extension immediately after that... Then publicly lament about playing for a competing team... Get him the outta here

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA is one of the softest players in the entire league. He's a playoff choker.

I'd love to dump him and DeRozan ASAP

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blazers get:
    Lamarcus Aldridge
    Marco Belinelli
    Bryn Forbes

Spurs get:
    Hassan Whiteside (expiring <3)
    Nassir Little
    Skal Labissiere

Who says no?
    Blazers, but I really like that trade

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im really into trading LMA and DDR too but this trade is a . We get expiring whiteside (next FAs are very very weak), nassir little is a troublemaker and not so good prospect and skal is only a decent player. If trading with blazers collins should be a priority. Imho, how i mentioned earlier, the best and really fair deal is LMA DDR + picks for CJ nurkic and collins. But PATFO wont do this bc wE nOt TrAdE bEsT aSsEtS tO wEsT
    Last edited by spurspl; 07-31-2019 at 11:24 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's sickening how afraid of LMA we are that we treat him with kid gloves... No other player could choke in the playoffs after pouting for an entire season... Demand a trade without reason (until he HAD to sit with Pop because no one would trade for him)... Be given an extension immediately after that... Then publicly lament about playing for a competing team... Get him the outta here
    funny how you have no problem slamming LA, but yet can't find any fault in nephew. Not that I am defending LMA, but seriously, you could give yourself a little credibility if you were at least consistent.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im really into trading LMA and DDR too but this trade is a . We get expiring whiteside (next FAs are very very weak), nassir little is a troublemaker and not so good prospect and skal is only a decent player. If trading with blazers collins should be a priority. Imho, how i mentioned earlier, the best and really fair deal is LMA DDR + picks for CJ nurkic and collins. But PATFO wont do this bc wE nOt TrAdE bEsT aSsEtS tO wEsT
    There no way Portland would agree on this trade. The most likely scenario is LMA finishes his current contract with Spurs and sign on as a FA to Portland as a backup big on a retirement contract.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There no way Portland would agree on this trade. The most likely scenario is LMA finishes his current contract with Spurs and sign on as a FA to Portland as a backup big on a retirement contract.
    agree with this scenerio but imo portland would do this but spurs wouldnt. Why? Portland would have much better roster (cj=ddr, LMA better than nurkic and collins combined), dame has ~2yrs in his prime, they have whiteside on his last year contract. Doing this trade Portland significantly increases their chances to be in finals. Plus got our picks so they can replace those young bigs easily. Why Spurs wouldnt? bc we probably wouldnt be in PO this year and generaly PATFO is short-sighted

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except Love is already a former star - not a star.
    Arguably. It's hard to tell when he can't stay healthy for an extended period.

I amend what I said about no direct trade . . . there's actually a clear one, if the sides wait a year, which would obviously be in the Spurs best interest.

It would depend on the level of optimism regarding Nurkic regaining previous form or at least coming close, but if that's a go, Aldridge for Nurkic (Whiteside and Bazmore come off the books, giving them the requisite cap space to absorb the near $10M difference in salary) and something minor, could make sense.

Blazers get:
    Lamarcus Aldridge
    Marco Belinelli
    Bryn Forbes

Spurs get:
    Hassan Whiteside (expiring <3)
    Nassir Little
    Skal Labissiere

Who says no?
    Definitely Spurs. That's a horrible trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA is one of the softest players in the entire league. He's a playoff choker.

I'd love to dump him and DeRozan ASAP
    Okay and how many games do we win next season? I am not interested in a 20 win season.. Spurs historically have drafted well while winning. We don't need to tank.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Blazers say no to a trade like that then they truly don’t deserve to win anything.

That trade is terrible for the Spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Blazers say no to a trade like that then they truly don’t deserve to win anything.

That trade is terrible for the Spurs
    Even dumber that plenty of Blazer fans think that trade benefits the Spurs more than the Blazers.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah he buggin. When Aldridge got to San Antonio the Warriors dynasty began. They might’ve made the WCF, but no chance that they win a le

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah he buggin. When Aldridge got to San Antonio the Warriors dynasty began. They might’ve made the WCF, but no chance that they win a le
    At a 5 year run, that cons uted beating zero elite teams (due to injury) in route to their 1st championship, then begging the consensus 2nd best player in the league to join them and turning the compe ion into men against boys to secure their 2nd and 3rd championships, cons uting a dynasty.

Guaranteed if that same scenario took place in a non glamour market, this wouldn't be the consensus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At a 5 year run, that cons uted beating zero elite teams (due to injury) in route to their 1st championship, then begging the consensus 2nd best player in the league to join them and turning the compe ion into men against boys to secure their 2nd and 3rd championships, cons uting a dynasty.

Guaranteed if that same scenario took place in a non glamour market, this wouldn't be the consensus.
    So? What's your point? They were the overwhelming favorites for that 5-year run and the only team that could've beaten them in the West were the Spurs with nephew

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It feels like that '14 Blazers team would always whip our asses in the regular season, Wes Matthews lobbing arrows everywhere, Batum before he was washed, I didn't think we were going to dominate them that badly in that series.

That Dallas series going long was the best thing that could have happened, that game 7 became the blueprint for the whole run.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So? What's your point? They were the overwhelming favorites for that 5-year run and the only team that could've beaten them in the West were the Spurs with nephew
    My point is, they've proven very little in the playoffs over a relatively short period of time. Being overwhelming favorites for a stretch doesn't mean .

It took the Spurs winning 4 in 9 (that were above reproach, with another dynastic team for the first 5 years of it) and having the best winning percentage in pro sports over that time, to begin to be considered a dynasty.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Blazers might be desperate enough to take him next season as they will miss the playoffs and may think it's their only chance left. A bit of loyalty in there too. He is aging and it's time to get whatever we can for him, as he is not going to take us to the promise land.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    anyone really believe Lamarcus is legit injured ? I get the sense LA quit on the team and was like “ fuk this team “ hence the shoulder injury ... I don’t think we see LA again this season ... just my own gut feeling

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    anyone really believe Lamarcus is legit injured ? I get the sense LA quit on the team and was like “ fuk this team “ hence the shoulder injury ... I don’t think we see LA again this season ... just my own gut feeling
    Probably asked to be traded in the offseason tbh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I had the AD feeling about this. Maybe he will show up with the that's all folks shirt

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it strange that Portland would even be interviewing him when he was not in the Portland area? This was posted on 3/3/20. Spurs were nowhere near Portland during this time. Last time they played Portland was about a month before this was posted. I guess it could be filmed in SA but weird timing for sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you might be onto something. I seriously doubt he likes the direction pop has taken the team.

they have to throw in their 1st rd pick though.

Thread Information