Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    No, you're just not a twitter-addled twelve year old, which is the primary demographic the NBA caters to. I've said it countless times on here, basketball is a fundamentally broken sport. It all comes back to the 3 point shot and the imbalance of it being worth 50% more points than 2 point shots. It's actually no harder of a shot to make than long midrange 2s and only marginally harder than close range 2s. This is the primary reason for NBA games feeling like glorified All Star games or streetball. Because the 3 pointer is such a potent weapon, teams have to prioritize defending it above all else, which translates into spacing you could pilot a cruise ship through. And with that, easy dribble-drives or drives-and-kicks, where it looks like zero defense is being played.

I actually think basketball would be a much better sport if scores were around the 70ish mark. Buckets would mean more and a ten point lead would actually feel like a lead instead of de facto tie, which it basically is in the modern game. As it stands, the criticism that basketball isn't worth watching until the last two minutes is truer than ever before.
    True
    Do you see the solution? Maybe 2,5 points for shots from 10 feet - to 3-point line? Or 2,5 points instead of 3s? I like the first one. Make game more balanced imo (high-post offense).
    And this bull like gather steps should be taken away, imo of course

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Parity has always been an issue in the NBA, unlike the NHL

I don’t why the nhl has so much parity, but maybe Stern Jr can take a page out of Bettman’s book
    better officiating?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA is trash tbh. Garbage defense. gy teams. giest "stars" by far of any era. Psychos like Kyrie taking games off because of mental health? gtfo here man. Haven't caught a full game in about 2 years now tbh. It's a joke league right now tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA is trash tbh. Garbage defense. gy teams. giest "stars" by far of any era. Psychos like Kyrie taking games off because of mental health? gtfo here man. Haven't caught a full game in about 2 years now tbh. It's a joke league right now tbh
    Mental health is funny to ypu?

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Bare with me, I'm jetlagged. I watched the Lakers-Wolves game last night and each team scores 40 in the second quarter? I know this is nothing new and happens regularly the past 7 years or so, but is this sustainable entertainment? It's just like the All-star game where people play on one end of the court.

and no, I'm not pining for 90's basketball with fist-fights and 77-76 final scores...just kinda bored because there's no compe ion element anymore. I was completely indifferent to last 2 years Lakers team (and this one too because I hate LeBron), but it's just not good anymore.

I'll still tune in occasionally because the talent level is off the charts and certain players are a joy to watch(Luka, etc), but the game itself blows.

Ironically, I've started watching hockey again seriously for the first time since the Panthers made their "rat run" to the cup 25 years ago.

anybody else on board with this, or am I just being a whiny got? Probably a got
    Not sure how NBA ever rebounds. Move 3 point line back seems to be the only obvious move in right direction.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no strategy anymore. During the '90's, '00s, and even the first half of 2010's you had teams that played different styles of basketball. Now everybody plays the same exact style which is chuck up as many 3's as a possible to space the floor. It's the reason why the Warriors are my most hated team of all time because they broke the game with their style of play.

For me as Spurs fans I don't get high off of the wins or losses anymore. Part of it is that I'm content that they won 5 les and don't believe it will ever get better than that so losses can't be heartbreaking and wins are just not that thrilling anymore. The other reason is the league the way the games are called are like a boring movie. I can already predict the Nets are going to win it all. It is impossible to guard Durant,Harden,Kyrie under the current rules. Only way the Nets lose is if one of their 3 stars gets taken out by injury during the playoffs. Scoring is also boring since it seems like anybody can easily get 20 today that it's not a big deal like it once was prior to 2015 which is when this horrible era started.

Thread Information