Roberto Osuna can blow me.

Was that rigged or does he simply suck?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coaches in Baseball wearing full uniforms is in goofy to be honest
    Agreed.

It was probably done in the olden days for economical reasons. No reason for it now. I'm not saying they wouldn't look good in an official getup with the decals and what not; but they don't need to look like they might be called to pinch hit.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Agreed.

It was probably done in the olden days for economical reasons. No reason for it now. I'm not saying they wouldn't look good in an official getup with the decals and what not; but they don't need to look like they might be called to pinch hit.
    Was Pete Rose player/manager? Last guy I can remember

I had this realization while watching game last night. Now I know why relatives new to the game were confused. The thought of Phil Jackson sporting a Laker uniform or Tom Landry jersey with numbers. I do love my Bobby Cox #6 jersey though

I think they should wear black track pants and team practice top. The fact a MLB manager has a number is especially funny. On the other hand, MLB is the only sport where the coach frequently enters the play of field

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Carlos Santana hits a walk-off dong to beat Boston and the Tribe, who were 11.5 games out barely two months ago, are in first place in the AL Central all by themselves.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In 86, I think. He was manager for a few years after retiring, too. He was probably the last one in baseball. In basketball, I think the last time it was done is late seventies or early eighties; but I can't recall the persons. I think it's been done in hockey; I think Gordy Howe did it. I'm pretty sure players have been coaches/coordinators in football; but you have to go pretty far back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I had this realization while watching game last night. Now I know why relatives new to the game were confused. The thought of Phil Jackson sporting a Laker uniform or Tom Landry jersey with numbers. I do love my Bobby Cox #6 jersey though

I think they should wear black track pants and team practice top. The fact a MLB manager has a number is especially funny. On the other hand, MLB is the only sport where the coach frequently enters the play of field
    Yeah, the reason managers carry on the tradition of wearing full uniforms because in the ye olden days the manager was also a player, many times the best player on the team. Makes no sense now, obviously.

Side note: I think Acuna might be a generational talent. I don't think anyone in the NL has his raw ability.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Indians lost. Twins won.

Order being restored.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Yeah, the reason managers carry on the tradition of wearing full uniforms because in the ye olden days the manager was also a player, many times the best player on the team. Makes no sense now, obviously.

Side note: I think Acuna might be a generational talent. I don't think anyone in the NL has his raw ability.

Yes buddy he even threw out a runner at the plate last night. I definitely foresee a NL MVP in his near future.

Because he is a lead off hitter, I think he is the most exciting player in the sport. If I remember correctly it was actually Albies whom was more highly touted and Pacha/Waters still on their way. Surely Acuna is benefiting from the power increase at the Big League level.

Imagine how many minor league journeyman are itching to get a call up considering the power surge occurring. Alot of stories of guys with limited power in the minors all of a sudden finding their stroke in the Bigs. More than in the past

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine how many minor league journeyman are itching to get a call up considering the power surge occurring. Alot of stories of guys with limited power in the minors all of a sudden finding their stroke in the Bigs. More than in the past
    The stats are ridiculous right now. Guys with 30 HRs are left on waivers in some fantasy leagues.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    The stats are ridiculous right now. Guys with 30 HRs are left on waivers in some fantasy leagues.
    Probably going to be a wild postseason. "Clutch" homers and blown saves.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

Including the Cardinals...this is the National League road to the World Series the past 40 years (since Reds)

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    > First 190 career games:

Mike Trout (Age 21):

.302 AVG .373 OBP .520 SLG

35 home runs, 100 RBI, 79 walks

Ronald Acuña Jr. (Age 21):

.292 AVG .368 OBP .533 SLG

45 home runs, 115 RBI, 80 walks

> First 26 career starts

Justin Verlander:

3.33 ERA 107 strikeouts / 52 walks

Mike Soroka:

2.52 ERA 124 strikeouts / 37 walks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol Sorry. MVPs don’t go to dudes who have repeatedly missed the playoffs
    Great. Lets us know who is better this season.

Ya, it's Trouts fault his teammates have not been as good as Yankees, Astros, Dodgers.

By all means let us know who is better this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Including the Cardinals...this is the National League road to the World Series the past 40 years (since Reds)
    Should be fun.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    > First 190 career games:

Mike Trout (Age 21):

.302 AVG .373 OBP .520 SLG

35 home runs, 100 RBI, 79 walks

Ronald Acuña Jr. (Age 21):

.292 AVG .368 OBP .533 SLG

45 home runs, 115 RBI, 80 walks

> First 26 career starts

Justin Verlander:

3.33 ERA 107 strikeouts / 52 walks

Mike Soroka:

2.52 ERA 124 strikeouts / 37 walks
    I see Acuna ruling the National League much like Trout rules the AL. My dude Bellinger, while a great talent, just has too long of a swing to be as consistent as Trout and Acuna, whose respective swing paths are similar. Short, compact, but at the same time they can generate immense power. They don't need to come out of their shoes to hit a ball 420 feet like most players. And obviously Acuna has the other tools in spades. Acuna needs to clean up his plate discipline a bit, which comes naturally with experience. Tatis is another incredible talent. Don't like the strikeouts, but if he figures that out, the NL will probably belong to Acuna and him. No other NL stars have the natural talent as those two, that includes Bellinger, Yelich, Arenado, Soto, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now I kinda feel bad about laughing at the Nats bullpen last year

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Dodgers at Braves on TBS. Just like the old days.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I see Acuna ruling the National League much like Trout rules the AL. My dude Bellinger, while a great talent, just has too long of a swing to be as consistent as Trout and Acuna, whose respective swing paths are similar. Short, compact, but at the same time they can generate immense power. They don't need to come out of their shoes to hit a ball 420 feet like most players. And obviously Acuna has the other tools in spades. Acuna needs to clean up his plate discipline a bit, which comes naturally with experience. Tatis is another incredible talent. Don't like the strikeouts, but if he figures that out, the NL will probably belong to Acuna and him. No other NL stars have the natural talent as those two, that includes Bellinger, Yelich, Arenado, Soto, etc.
    That is very nice of you to say. There will be more young talent coming up though

Dunno if Acuna will remain a leadoff hitter or CF. I would like to see him moved to take some stress and responsibility off, accelerate his development

Dodgers at Braves on TBS. Just like the old days.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is very nice of you to say. There will be more young talent coming up though

Dunno if Acuna will remain a leadoff hitter or CF. I would like to see him moved to take some stress and responsibility off, accelerate his development

Good series. May made one of the worst pitches of the year to give up that GS. 1-2 count and you throw that, missing the spot by that much (catcher called for it low and away) . https://bdata-producedclips.mlb.com/...6eaf2bdef8.mp4

In American League news, I think Cleveland has turned into a legit threat. 11-7 in August over a brutal schedule that included away series at Min and NY. My old friend Puig hitting .351/1.100ops since being traded. Optimistic, JoeTait75?

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    In American League news, I think Cleveland has turned into a legit threat. 11-7 in August over a brutal schedule that included away series at Min and NY. My old friend Puig hitting .351/1.100ops since being traded. Optimistic, JoeTait75?
    Yes I am. Tribe only split the series in New York but looked pretty good doing it. They outplayed the Yankees over the balance of the series. Problem is that Minnesota is 2.5 up in the Central and has an easier schedule down the stretch, so winning the division is going to be a tall order. Puig is a fun guy to watch. You can see why his emotions get him in trouble sometimes, but those same emotions can galvanize a club also. Too bad he's just a rental.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes I am. Tribe only split the series in New York but looked pretty good doing it. They outplayed the Yankees over the balance of the series. Problem is that Minnesota is 2.5 up in the Central and has an easier schedule down the stretch, so winning the division is going to be a tall order. Puig is a fun guy to watch. You can see why his emotions get him in trouble sometimes, but those same emotions can galvanize a club also. Too bad he's just a rental.
    Puig is a world class idiot.

Indians could get a wild card playin game I guess

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Indians lost. Twins won.

Order being restored.
    Spurs fan from Minnesota? lol

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fan from Minnesota? lol
    Spent some time out there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spent some time out there.
    Spent some time where... San Antonio, or Minnesota? Where do you live now?

Thread Information