Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I worry about that meet he demanded with Magic so he could hear Magic's reasons for leaving like he did. Can ya imagine it? Oh, , he'd have to lie, the truth would put an immediate stopper in the bottle.
    Thread. Qft.

Not letting his Laker alliance get in the way of clear vision.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, I'm exhausted from this . I'm going to go dark for a couple hours, take a nap and re-emerge at 2PM PDT. At that juncture I'll come in here and instead of pressing the ESPN front page button I'll go with YahooSports instead.
    Good move.
    For many reasons, avoid ESPN for opinions.
    Stats and charts, they're okay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be surprised if Kawhi's camp wants him to be the 3rd star on a team in LA. I could see the Clippers, KL would be the face of the franchise just as in Toronto, minus the blizzards but plus an exponential number of gots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Board man is really a fun guy lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    man those minor details tho...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny Green just offed himself

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny Green just offed himself
    holy i thought u were kidding

WTF

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like the nail in the coffin of Kawhi to the Lakers then. Tomorrow morning they're going to have to complete the AD deal with New Orleans, as there is no way the Pelicans and Hawks are going to wait for Leonard to take his sweet time. And when that deal is done the capspace is gone. Lakers gonna have to do a lot of work tonight promising deals to guys like Danny Green and Rondo with the caveat that those offers get pulled if Autism commits early in the morning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    holy i thought u were kidding

WTF
    What?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You'd assume the Lakers would tell kawhi to wrap up the descion before 6/6. But this is the Lakers who specialize in incompetence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nothin. just in around tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You'd assume the Lakers would tell kawhi to wrap up the descion before 6/6. But this is the Lakers who specialize in incompetence.
    It really needed to be done today. Tomorrow they're going to have to have use up their $32 million in capspace at 9AM PST and then complete the Davis trade (can't do it in reverse since the capspace dies the second the Davis trade becomes official). I don't see any way New Orleans and Atlanta are going to wait for Autism to make up his mind. If what Carter is saying is true then Kawhi to the Lakers is on life support and Leonard and his crew were just playing games with the Lakers. Which is kind of funny if true, because either way he chooses (Raptors or Clippers) the Lakers are likely to be his main compe ion.

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Well, I mean, that would be literally the dumbest suicide in the history of mankind. Rich ass millionaire off'd himself because he had to wait a few more days for next multi-million dollar contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lmao. You got me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It really needed to be done today. Tomorrow they're going to have to have use up their $32 million in capspace at 9AM PST and then complete the Davis trade (can't do it in reverse since the capspace dies the second the Davis trade becomes official). I don't see any way New Orleans and Atlanta are going to wait for Autism to make up his mind. If what Carter is saying is true then Kawhi to the Lakers is on life support and Leonard and his crew were just playing games with the Lakers. Which is kind of funny if true, because either way he chooses (Raptors or Clippers) the Lakers are likely to be his main compe ion.
    but even if they agreed to terms today, they still technically cant sign him as free agency hasn't started. so how does the timing play out? does reaching an agreement in principle during the moratorium actually have cap implications? that doesnt make sense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, I mean, that would be literally the dumbest suicide in the history of mankind. Rich ass millionaire off'd himself because he had to wait a few more days for next multi-million dollar contract.
    Yeah, but I was thinking, “I can kind of see it”.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but even if they agreed to terms today, they still technically cant sign him as free agency hasn't started. so how does the timing play out?
    The timing plays out because they're going to have to do the AD trade shortly after 9AM PST tomorrow morning. Which means they're going to have to go agree to terms with their Plan B's tonight. This sounds like Leonard telling the Lakers to off. If they have to start coming to terms with FA's at 8AM tomorrow or lose their $32 million in capspace they're going to end up over a barrel and drastically overpaying for guys like Green, Rondo, Cousins, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The timing plays out because they're going to have to do the AD trade shortly after 9AM PST tomorrow morning. Which means they're going to have to go agree to terms with their Plan B's tonight. This sounds like Leonard telling the Lakers to off. If they have to start coming to terms with FA's at 8AM tomorrow or lose their $32 million in capspace they're going to end up over a barrel and drastically overpaying for guys like Green, Rondo, Cousins, etc.
    i know its probably really simple and my brain is just fried, but i'm still not seeing it. agreeing in principle, even with their plan b's, doesn't affect the cap at all.

whats the difference with them agreeing in principle at 7am tomorrow vs 2pm tomorrow? agreements in principle dont do anything with respect to the cap, as far as im aware. free agency doesnt officially start until 3pm on sunday anyway. so no matter what, the davis trade is always going to be finalized before they can officially sign anybody else

Veteran
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I don’t think the order changes their capspace, since they are sending out less salary than they are taking in. Unless they don’t have to absorb the full difference if they spend money first?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If he's not interested in a 1-2 year deal then it's between Lakers and Clippers. I don't believe anything Cris Carter says though.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    i know its probably really simple and my brain is just fried, but i'm still not seeing it. agreeing in principle, even with their plan b's, doesn't affect the cap at all.

whats the difference with them agreeing in principle at 7am tomorrow vs 2pm tomorrow? agreements in principle dont do anything with respect to the cap, as far as im aware. free agency doesnt officially start until 3pm on sunday anyway. so no matter what, the davis trade is always going to be finalized before they can officially sign anybody else
    Players can officially sign tomorrow July 6th.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Players can officially sign tomorrow July 6th.
    ok my bad baseline bum

i had read from an incorrect source that free agency isn't until 6pm EST on July 6, which would have been several hours after the AD trade. that was incorrect info

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he's not interested in a 1-2 year deal then it's between Lakers and Clippers. I don't believe anything Cris Carter says though.
    he told me you were straight tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think the order changes their capspace, since they are sending out less salary than they are taking in. Unless they don’t have to absorb the full difference if they spend money first?
    I shouldn't say the capspace vanishes when they do an AD deal. Just the max cap slot does. They lose about $6-$7 million in capspace due mostly to cap hits from having a ton of open roster spots after gutting the team. It's a league minimum salary against their capspace for every empty roster spot under either 11 or 12, I forget which. But if they sign Kawhi before the AD trade they don't have those cap hits because they'd technically still have Ingram, Ball, Hart, Bonga, Wagner, etc on their roster.

Thread Information