My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs Fans over kawhiters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dabom with the heel turn on Kawhi
    Gotta give him and robdiaz/Rocalcio props. They really really liked Kawhi but ultimately their love for the Spurs came out. Beautiful to watch, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs Fans over kawhiters.
    Woot!!

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta give him and robdiaz/Rocalcio props. They really really liked Kawhi but ultimately their love for the Spurs came out. Beautiful to watch, tbh.
    I'm in the same boat. Took me a while to let it go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All's I knows is I'm alls in on DJ and he's gots the chops to make expectations come true.
    LMA will be a beast.
    Demar will buy in. He respects Pop.
    The D has been a product of The System for a long time and DJ is a natural for it and LMA has been bought-in and Pau has been a good rim protector.
    Anyways...:
    #GoDJ

Kori's nightmare SpurOutofTownFan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dabom is on a roll these past few days

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dabom is on a roll these past few days
    Thanks brah.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm in the same boat. Took me a while to let it go.
    Some of us were more prideful than others so we started badmouthing him earlier but we all secretly wanted it to work out, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If so, I'm glad they failed. gots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KD
    Steph
    Westbrook
    Harden

4 players that won RS MVPs in Kawhi's prime. Kawhi doesn't want to be in Lebron's shadow. He wants to win the RS MVP. The only way he'll do that is by changing the fortunes of a bottom dweller. He doesn't have to do well in the playoffs, just flip the w/l column.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bump.

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kawhi had the best team and he could have pushed Pop to get Lebron, but he didn't. The Media had us as the number place to get Lebron.

Everything was in place, and everyone was wondering why Kawhi would jeopardize something like that.

I was dumbfounded. Everyone's actions make sense when you understand their motives.
    You believe that Lebron James would have come to San Antonio if Kawhi had just pushed for it? There are lots of legitimate and realistic things to criticize Leonard for. This isn't one. I've got to hand it to some of the PR folks and agents around the NBA though. They know how to take a media narrative and exploit it. DeMarcus Cousins, with no other offers and an injury that's doubly hard for an NBA player to recover from, suddenly embraces that Stephen A. Smith fueled non-sense and signed with Golden State because he wants to win so badly. Yeah right. And the omnipresent "somebody very close to Kawhi Leonard" claims that he will fall in love with Toronto and re-sign there. The fact that both players are in need of image rehabilitations in the worst way is just a coincidence.

Cousins would have signed with an 0-82 team in Siberia for 2 years and 30 million. And Kawhi, supposedly desperate to get back to California and pissed because of his limited shoe deal, forced his way out SA for a city further away? Has taxes that makes California's seems like Bugtussle, USA. And where kids around Canada are more likely to want ice skates than sneakers. But in 96 hours he's done an about face is is ready to sign a max deal?

Good grief. LeBron going to LA was an open secret during the 2017 Summer League. There is no "collusion" because he's a player. He absolutely is recruiting for the Lakers. Players have been doing it since free agency started.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You believe that Lebron James would have come to San Antonio if Kawhi had just pushed for it? There are lots of legitimate and realistic things to criticize Leonard for. This isn't one. I've got to hand it to some of the PR folks and agents around the NBA though. They know how to take a media narrative and exploit it. DeMarcus Cousins, with no other offers and an injury that's doubly hard for an NBA player to recover from, suddenly embraces that Stephen A. Smith fueled non-sense and signed with Golden State because he wants to win so badly. Yeah right. And the omnipresent "somebody very close to Kawhi Leonard" claims that he will fall in love with Toronto and re-sign there. The fact that both players are in need of image rehabilitations in the worst way is just a coincidence.

Cousins would have signed with an 0-82 team in Siberia for 2 years and 30 million. And Kawhi, supposedly desperate to get back to California and pissed because of his limited shoe deal, forced his way out SA for a city further away? Has taxes that makes California's seems like Bugtussle, USA. And where kids around Canada are more likely to want ice skates than sneakers. But in 96 hours he's done an about face is is ready to sign a max deal?

Good grief. LeBron going to LA was an open secret during the 2017 Summer League. There is no "collusion" because he's a player. He absolutely is recruiting for the Lakers. Players have been doing it since free agency started.
    Why the would Lebron for the first time ever go to a bum team unless he had actual colluding plans but they didn't work out. You actually think Lebron without any recruiting plans went to LA?

The guy is trying to chase Jordan and you think he wants to waste it in LA?

You're more re ed than you look got.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they truly wanted to play together the easiest path to that was SA...

Now maybe the colluded during last offseason which led to Kawhi and Uncle D pulling their stunt to get out of SA. If all true it’s a ed scenario...

I don’t think there was collusion because Lakers would’ve given up more in a trade proposal. I think Magic sold Lebron on 19’ they’ll sign and trade for Kawhi and then go hard for Klay or Butler..Lebron is pretty much a lock for MVP this year which isn’t a bad consolation prize

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Why the would Lebron for the first time ever go to a bum team unless he had actual colluding plans but they didn't work out. You actually think Lebron without any recruiting plans went to LA?

The guy is trying to chase Jordan and you think he wants to waste it in LA?

You're more re ed than you look got.
    Well 100% he is in for a long season with that Lakers roster and Warriors having an all-star team. His first year in LA I'd be surprised if they made the playoffs tbh those younger players don't know how to win just yet and dude has a ton of miles on his body from all those finals.

Lebron is pretty much a lock for MVP this year which isn’t a bad consolation prize
    Hes gonna have to have an MVP season just to make the playoffs in the west.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well 100% he is in for a long season with that Lakers roster and Warriors having an all-star team. His first year in LA I'd be surprised if they made the playoffs tbh those younger players don't know how to win just yet and dude has a ton of miles on his body from all those finals.
    Their plans fell apart. Make no mistake, Kawhi and Lebron can challenge if they joined teams, but Kawhi already hated the Spurs and they went for team number 2.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Props to dabom for waking from him slumber to go to town on Kawhitter..Meanwhile that got Kiwitstorm is still embarrassing himself with the most cringe-worth semen-shielding outside YGWHI....

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have heard some suggest kawhi doesn’t want to be with lebron due to their brand compe ion...... that’s why he considered other teams outside of LA because he didn’t want to be in that shadow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have heard some suggest kawhi doesn’t want to be with lebron due to their brand compe ion...... that’s why he considered other teams outside of LA because he didn’t want to be in that shadow.
    Kawhi ain't got no brand.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA will never go hard after the Lakers even if there was ample evidence of collusion. Tragic has already publicly campaigned for FAs in the past and has just been given a slap on the wrist. It wouldn't shock me at all if Tragic and Uncle Dennis had some conversations though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldn't surprise me. Everyone on Team USA would love to play on a super team, screw the billionaire owners and

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi ain't got no brand.
    https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/...a-trade-rumors

Dude.... Brand, logo, marketability, sponsorships, whatever. Even this article refers to his "brand", but I could care less if he actually has one or not. The point is, KL doesn't want to share marketing dollars with LeBron from some of the things I have read, so that would eliminate the idea that they were trying to arrange playing together.

Thread Information