Page 116 of 212 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166 ... LastLast
Results 2,876 to 2,900 of 5300
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^No they don't.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    "$ Please let us do elective surgeries again, governor. We promise to give you whatever numbers you want to hear $"
    In many cases, experts said, patients suffered through cardiac events, strokes, hyperglycemia and other health difficulties at home, likely fearful of seeking care in hospitals where large numbers of people suffering from covid-19 were receiving treatment.

Between March 15 and May 23, visits to hospital emergency departments declined 23 percent for heart attacks, 20 percent for strokes and 10 percent for high-blood-sugar crises — a complication of diabetes — when compared with the previous 10 weeks, according to a report last month from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. “The striking decline in ED visits for acute life-threatening conditions might partially explain observed excess mortality not associated with COVID-19,” the researchers wrote.

And in a separate excess deaths analysis, the CDC estimated that since Feb. 1, between about 20,000 and 49,000 more people have died of all non-covid-19 causes than would be expected in a typical year.

On Wednesday, an article published in the Journal of the American Medical Association bolstered the findings from the Post and CDC analyses. The paper looked at excess deaths nationwide in March and April and found that 35 percent were attributed to causes other than covid-19. The researchers, led by a team at Virginia Commonwealth University, concluded that those deaths may include unreported, “nonrespiratory manifestations” of the virus, or they could represent “secondary pandemic mortality caused by disruptions in society that diminished or delayed access to health care.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...-deaths-heart/

https://science.sciencemag.org/content/368/6497/1290

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another friend is SA felt bad and got it, tested, +.
    Her husband feels bad and is not even going into get tested as he has all the symptoms and is in bed.

This is pure . These people were being extraordinarily careful.
    The dude is ex air force and is freak about organization and keeps lists of who he had seen.

this one is worse for me personally as they really dont have a clue how they got it.
    All the others I personally know had really clear contacts.

But gossip... so fear not ST.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In many cases, experts said, patients suffered through cardiac events, strokes, hyperglycemia and other health difficulties at home, likely fearful of seeking care in hospitals where large numbers of people suffering from covid-19 were receiving treatment.

Between March 15 and May 23, visits to hospital emergency departments declined 23 percent for heart attacks, 20 percent for strokes and 10 percent for high-blood-sugar crises — a complication of diabetes — when compared with the previous 10 weeks, according to a report last month from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. “The striking decline in ED visits for acute life-threatening conditions might partially explain observed excess mortality not associated with COVID-19,” the researchers wrote.

And in a separate excess deaths analysis, the CDC estimated that since Feb. 1, between about 20,000 and 49,000 more people have died of all non-covid-19 causes than would be expected in a typical year.

On Wednesday, an article published in the Journal of the American Medical Association bolstered the findings from the Post and CDC analyses. The paper looked at excess deaths nationwide in March and April and found that 35 percent were attributed to causes other than covid-19. The researchers, led by a team at Virginia Commonwealth University, concluded that those deaths may include unreported, “nonrespiratory manifestations” of the virus, or they could represent “secondary pandemic mortality caused by disruptions in society that diminished or delayed access to health care.”

^ O rly? It's almost like you shouldn't listen to right wingers and push BS conspiracies and misinformation which lead to the Balous Millers of the world convincing Governers to open up too soon, so your health care system isn't inevitably overwhelmed, unnecessary deaths don't happen, and you don't have to keep starting and stopping the economy.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    ^ O rly? It's almost like you shouldn't listen to right wingers and push BS conspiracies and misinformation which lead to the Balous Millers of the world convincing Governers to open up too soon, so your health care system isn't inevitably overwhelmed, unnecessary deaths don't happen, and you don't have to keep starting and stopping the economy.
    You should have read both articles before commenting, it's clear from your comment you didn't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You should have read both articles before commenting, it's clear from your comment you didn't.
    You should've read the unnecessary deaths part and made the connection.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Armor of God
    WE AIN'T WEARING NO GODDAM MASK. WE GOTS JESUS ARMER

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    You should've read the unnecessary deaths part and made the connection.
    The articles don't make the connection you are trying to make.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The articles don't make the connection you are trying to make.
    What's the connection you've made

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's what I keep asking myself. He never makes any connections unless they're random tweets feeding into his confirmation bias, and even less often is he making an original point of his own.
    Last edited by TimDunkem; 07-06-2020 at 11:16 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not a shrug.

Someone with the common cold gets counted as being COVID positive.

The numbers are wrong AF.
    Problem is false negatives not false positive numbnuts.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    That you were wrong in thinking hospital CEO's only wanted to open elective surgeries back up for money while 10s of thousands are dying because of missed elective surgeries and treatments.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "10s of thousands are dying because of missed elective surgeries and treatments."

link? 10Ks?

issues treated with elective surgeries are mortally dangerous?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That you were wrong in thinking hospital CEO's only wanted to open elective surgeries back up for money while 10s of thousands are dying because of missed elective surgeries and treatments.
    That word makes you either disingenuous or illiterate in regards to the posts of mine you're referring to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As far as I could tell when trying to get an employee tested, San Antonio is on an appointment system. I know Texas Med Clinic and Bexar County were.
    I wonder what would happen if you cut funding for test sites and closed a bunch of them...

The free drive though one in Hays appears to have been one of the ones that got the axe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not a shrug.

That isn't correct. COVID tests are accurate for positive results, but still have some false negatives.

As for the common cold Corona being counted as COVID... no, that's a different viral test altogether.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not a shrug.

Link to scientific evidence to back this up? Better numbers?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Link to scientific evidence to back this up? Better numbers?
    you're asking derp for evidence to his claims

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Probably a mix of both. We have seen this thing go after all sorts of things outside the respiratory system.

... and in the end, the root cause is still the virus. Absent the disease, those people would be alive. We are on track to see what happens when you overwhelm the healthcare system, the worst case scenario, I wrote about months ago when teh AHA released their estimates.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you're asking derp for evidence to his claims
    I am. The futile kabuki dance of the forum. One thing Spurtacular does not do is try to support anything, just like DMC works very hard not to take positions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's what I keep asking myself. He never makes any connections unless they're random tweets feeding into his confirmation bias, and even less often is he making an original point of his own.
    Even I can't stand that randomness.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    link

why were they called "elective"?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And people here are still counting the low deaths day to day thinking it's over not realizing everything is lining up perfectly with the 25 day lag time. They're in for a rude surprise.
    Eyup. It will be entirely predictable, except to the morons calling it a "hoax". Whatever the ultimate death rate actually is you can't double the number of infections and not see an uptick in the number of fatalities, barring some miracle cure.

The rate has been low for a couple of reasons, but as the next waves ripple outward, I would think that the median age will creep up. The people most at risk are the ones getting sick, but they will not limit the spread to people in their age group. They will be packing groceries and doing things that will take them into contact with older folks.

Trump pushing against masks and preventive behavior... will not be looked on kindly by history.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eyup. It will be entirely predictable, except to the morons calling it a "hoax". Whatever the ultimate death rate actually is you can't double the number of infections and not see an uptick in the number of fatalities, barring some miracle cure.

The rate has been low for a couple of reasons, but as the next waves ripple outward, I would think that the median age will creep up. The people most at risk are the ones getting sick, but they will not limit the spread to people in their age group. They will be packing groceries and doing things that will take them into contact with older folks.

Trump pushing against masks and preventive behavior... will not be looked on kindly by history.
    It's almost a perfect storm and, still, all the constant minimizing and spreading of misinformation is troubling me. All that serves is to lengthen this crisis if a third of people don't wear masks, deny science, and constantly feed on or spread BS.

I wonder how we don't only go down from here, especially with flu season in a few months.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's almost a perfect storm and, still, all the constant minimizing and spreading of misinformation is troubling me. All that serves is to lengthen this crisis if a third of people don't wear masks, deny science, and constantly feed on or spread BS.

I wonder how we don't only go down from here, especially with flu season in a few months.
    Ish. Well, the flu season will be somewhat mitigated by the fact that people will be taking precautions they might not have otherwise. Hooray for people washing their hands more.

That said, when both e at the same time, yikes.

Thread Information