Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's preseason. I've never watched a full preseason nfl or nba game in my life. These games don't count and the only people that play hard are the rookies and people trying to get a roster spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a pretty sus dood tbh... he's been doing that a lot around here.. really just needs to take a break from the site tbh. Been there, when everything starts bugging you etc just need space.. kids got 10000 posts in a few years... i can't imagine how much time he spends here LUL not to mention the last three years were probably the worst three years since he's been alive and following the team...

This was hilarious. Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see how Luka survives honestly. KBD, someone who basically has no realistic upside, is playing before him. The initial KBD signing was a bad sign for Luka, and now in the FIRST preseason game he's already in the rotation above him? Luka must be showing jack in camp because god damn.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It isn’t wrong and it’s so funny that you pull out of your ass and come up with convoluted ass posts just to arrive at a simple, yet idiotic point. What’s ironic here is you criticized TD 21 for “posting something that comes off as fact but isn’t” when that’s your bread and butter but you disguise it with your excessively long takes.
    Yes, it is wrong. It's not something you can "disagree about", because the stat is what it is. Does that mean it's useful? No. But it's not something that scales with wins and can't be explained away by saying that guys who are disappointing in that stat are only such because of being on a bad team. Simply looking at the WS/48 of the other players on the same team dispels that. And I know you know that, since you took a bunch of time to try to vet the stat over a random sequence of posts. You're just on a lame shtick right now.

I'm usually pretty clear over when something is my opinion rather than a fact, and people who aren't you don't really seem to have a problem differentiating. Just like how you thought my speculation about Simmons was the same thing as me pretending I had a source and was reporting a trade or whatever. You're not stupid. You're ornery to the point that it's stale, but you're not stupid. You have the basic reasoning skills to know when a statement is fact or assertion. You're choosing to pretend to have reading comprehension issues because you don't like that I have a different opinion than you. It's dumb, but it's intentional on your part. You're not stupid, but you're trying to use stupid tactics because you're tired of trying to debate legitimately and don't know how to just ignore posts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was great to learn that Primo had a solid game. However, like TIMVP inferred, let's pump the breaks on anything more than just a good outing. My hope is that he isn't sent to the G League and that he garners real minutes in the NBA. It's a luxury we can afford with the team not contending for much.

As for Samanich, he's dead man walking. Just end the charade already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I forgot to add that the best explanation for how the Spurs could both be trying to win AND still hold Young out for a trade is if they're trying to trade him for win-now help. I'm going to assume for this conversation that Simmons would be the target. The question would then be, "Why are guys like Murray playing then if the Spurs are holding out Young?" The answer to that would be, "Because they aren't part of the team's trade proposal". If that speculation holds, then that would suggest the Spurs are probably offering a deal based mainly on AFA and Young being the salary ballast. Even if Jones and picks are included, that's a crazy-low offer and one I'm not sure is even in the Spurs' best interest for the Sixers to accept anyway. That White, Murray and Johnson are all off the table would align with the protections SAC and Minny put on their guys, but it would be weird if that offer were serious enough to where the Spurs would continue to hold out Young out. You'd think the Spurs would know that's not close.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm shocked by Lonnie's lack of defense. I am probably and horribly wrong but I remember Lonnie being touted as a defensive player coming into the league. What happened?

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This was hilarious. Lol

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lonnie is the secondary creator off the bench the role Primo should develop into.
    Bryn is the off-ball space creator.

If it is Bryn and Primo is the spot up guy i would rather him go to the G-League and get on ball reps, let the spurs field offers for Lonnie or White until the deadline to clear up ball handling duties.

No idea why Pop and SA are still high on Lonnie after that disaster showing in the play-in. Doubt they bench him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    …There are things like him (Samanic) not wanting to participate in summer league when he could have benefited from it and built up confidence and chemistry that concerned me as well.
    I don’t think Samanic was eligible to play in summer league this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I forgot to add that the best explanation for how the Spurs could both be trying to win AND still hold Young out for a trade is if they're trying to trade him for win-now help. I'm going to assume for this conversation that Simmons would be the target. The question would then be, "Why are guys like Murray playing then if the Spurs are holding out Young?" The answer to that would be, "Because they aren't part of the team's trade proposal". If that speculation holds, then that would suggest the Spurs are probably offering a deal based mainly on AFA and Young being the salary ballast. Even if Jones and picks are included, that's a crazy-low offer and one I'm not sure is even in the Spurs' best interest for the Sixers to accept anyway. That White, Murray and Johnson are all off the table would align with the protections SAC and Minny put on their guys, but it would be weird if that offer were serious enough to where the Spurs would continue to hold out Young out. You'd think the Spurs would know that's not close.
    While I don't see the Sixers accepting such a low offer for Simmons just yet, I do see a possibility that Spurs are looking to trade Young + assets for a win-now player, rather than the expected Young for assets kind of trade.

Young for Philly's 22 first and filler would also be decent for both teams as part of the Simmons trade elsewhere, or after it.

As for Simmons to the Spurs my best offer would be White/Murray + Young + Vassell + Chicago pick. I expect they'd eventually get a better offer from some other team though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no age or tenure cap to play in the SL (guys likes Beasley and Ayres have done so), and as far as I know there's no other possible cap. My guess is the sides just didn't want to do it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While I don't see the Sixers accepting such a low offer for Simmons just yet, I do see a possibility that Spurs are looking to trade Young + assets for a win-now player, rather than the expected Young for assets kind of trade.

Young for Philly's 22 first and filler would also be decent for both teams as part of the Simmons trade elsewhere, or after it.

As for Simmons to the Spurs my best offer would be White/Murray + Young + Vassell + Chicago pick. I expect they'd eventually get a better offer from some other team though.
    My only issue with a Young-for-win-now-player trade is finding a team that both wants to win now but also has a player the Spurs would want. As far as a young player goes, I'd think it would be either a player whose team doesn't know if they want to offer an extension or a player who's on a fresh extension but whose team might be regretting it. There are some guys on that list like Ingram, Kuzma, Siakam, Ayton, JJJ and such, but most of those guys are probably out of a conservative price range for the Spurs, and Kuzma is unappetizing even if he checks a bunch of boxes. I think they'll be quite a few more candidates after 1/15, but if the Spurs' goal is to trade Young ASAP, I don't know they can wait that long.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve seen guys in their 30s in SL, vets trying to claw their way back, Jarrett Jack was one. There no age or experience limit cutoff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was great to learn that Primo had a solid game. However, like TIMVP inferred, let's pump the breaks on anything more than just a good outing. My hope is that he isn't sent to the G League and that he garners real minutes in the NBA. It's a luxury we can afford with the team not contending for much.

As for Samanich, he's dead man walking. Just end the charade already.
    ... you are missing the adrenaline that sports can offer... me on the other hand:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't mind that at all. Both Murray or White would make perfect 3rd option players, both need the ball etc.. I'd try to do Walker before Vassell though. I think holistically it would benefit him with a change of scenery and he's closer to a contract then Vassell. Vasoline got a few more good years of affordable service and more time to see what he can do. Other than that I think that's about all I would do at this point.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they cut Luka Sandwich, I’m going to be annoyed. I’ve been a big critic, but it’s too early to just dump him now. I’d rather see Luka get some real minutes than Bryn trotted out every game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    maybe it's just not worth being that transparent about it due to the risk of creating chemistry rifts... in the likely scenario where a simmons trade doesn't happen. Protecting Young's health for a possible trade doesn't generate those lockeroom issues like sitting Murray and White would

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    always assumed Luka getting drafted was a long term commitment given his age, and that he'd be scooped up by other teams as he potentially blossomed. If he's playing like dog at practice to the point of the team abandoning that plan, then... damn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm shocked by Lonnie's lack of defense. I am probably and horribly wrong but I remember Lonnie being touted as a defensive player coming into the league. What happened?
    I have multiple posts on here going back to his first year call ups and his defense in the G-League highlighting how atrocious his defense was. I remember nephew's first game back thread and stating how horrible his D was in person. And I saw the same in Austin in person.

Not sure I recall him ever being labeled a plus defender and all I've ever seen from him has been sub-par at best. it's really been clear from day 1.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not on the Primo superstar hype express yet. Still very suspect about what was a lack of explosiveness in college and summer league, his fast break scoring was terrible, and he didn't have any lift or much of a step on guys. But maybe with nba training he improves a lot.

Luka was even more listless to start his shift than usual. He had the body language of someone who's already quit. But he did turn it around some as he got warmed up. Doesn't look good for him surviving, but I'd still rather have him than Bates-Diop.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For all of the talk of DDR’s depression, I honestly worry more about Luka. Rooting for the guy but his personality, or something else, seems to be holding him back. But even still, I find it crazy that Pop can’t find one game to give him heavy minutes and get more info to work off of.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they cut Luka Sandwich, I’m going to be annoyed. I’ve been a big critic, but it’s too early to just dump him now. I’d rather see Luka get some real minutes than Bryn trotted out every game.
    That makes two of us. Man, it's annoying to constantly have to wonder what if...?, the same way it was constantly annoying to wonder whether Dejounte and White could play together. Pop is just too CIA for his own damn good sometimes.

If he sucks, he sucks; why don't you play him 20-30m a couple nights and let him show you out on the court? Spurs staff can't possibly think that just his effort on practice (we talkin' 'bout practice...) and garbage time is enough of a gauge for his worth, right? These are meaningless, entirely worthless games - why is he still being relegated to garbage time squad duty? It's not even about his skill level/ability at this point; if KBD is the better player, so be it, but cut your ing losses or at least admit that you have them in the first place. Then you can use the space left productively.

I used to be high on Samanic, to a certain extent I still am. But just like Lonnie, I've become progressively soured on them due to a clear, unavoidable aspect of mismanagement in regards to their development. The constant What If's. It's bull . Let him put up or shut up... But just let him, for s sake.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They will not cut Luka. It will be unwise to do so. Luka will be good this year and better next year.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no age or tenure cap to play in the SL (guys likes Beasley and Ayres have done so), and as far as I know there's no other possible cap. My guess is the sides just didn't want to do it.
    I believe the cap doesn't have to do with age or tenure, but rather how many years the player has participated in the summer league.

Thread Information