Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1656626364656667 LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 1661
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump’s top economic aide just made a stunning admission about the president’s dealings with China

“I asked if Kissinger is playing a back channel role in trade talks,” Javers said.

“Well, now you’re getting into the family jewels,” Kudlow responded.

Kudlow said President Xi told Kissinger that

he would rather “deal with President Trump, who will focus more on trade in the economy,

rather than Democrats who won't talk about key trade issues, but instead will go on about human rights and other things.”

He added:

“Now, let me be careful here. President Trump made it very clear that

we favor freedom and democracy

and a peaceful solution in Hong Kong,

and that we oppose, of course, the maltreatment of the Muslims and the Uigurs.

it’s no secret that Trump doesn’t care about human rights abuses in China — or anywhere.

Nothing about his moves on foreign policy or his public statements have given any indication that he genuinely cares about countering authoritarian regimes, promoting democracy, or empowering the rights of minorities.

And Trump openly embraces and lauds brutal rulers like

Xi,

Russia’s Vladimir Putin, and

North Korea’s Kim Jong-un, (and Philippines Duterte and Turkey Erdogan)

while often spurning the leaders of democratic allies of the United States.

it was remarkable for a top adviser to the president to admit on the record that

the Chinese prefer Trump over Democrats because

he doesn’t “go on about human rights and other things.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/12/trumps-top-economic-aide-just-made-a-stunning-admission-about-the-presidents-dealings-with-china/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=3274&re cip_id=298460&list_id=1

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Federal Reserve study:

Trump’s tariffs backfired —

leading to job losses and higher prices

“We find that the 2018 tariffs are associated with relative

reductions in manufacturing employment and

relative increases in producer prices,” concluded Fed economists

“While the longer-term effects of the tariffs may differ from those that we estimate here, the results indicate that

the tariffs, thus far, have not led to increased activity in the U.S. manufacturing sector,”

the top ten industries affected by Trump’s tariffs were:

aluminum sheet,
    steel product,
    boilers,
    forging,
    primary aluminum production,
    secondary aluminum smelting,
    architectural metals,
    transportation equipment,
    general purpose machinery, and
    household appliances.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/12/tru...e+Raw+Story%29

https://www.federalreserve.gov/econr...2019086pap.pdf

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TRUMP’S “PHASE ONE” TRADE DEAL LEAVES CHINA WITH MASSIVE ADVANTAGE

One of the key reasons Trump launched his trade war has yet to be resolved.

Like most Trump proclamations, though, this one turned out to be a lie.

We knew this both in real time, as news outlets reported that

China wanted another round of talks before even thinking about signing “phase one” of the trade deal

and on Tuesday,

it was made yet more clear when Trump again announced striking a phase one deal

more than two months after he’d already claimed one had been clinched:

at this point, there’s no suggestion that he is, once again, just making up as he goes along. That’s the good news. The less-good news?

His big, terrific phase one deal appears to accomplish very little, and other than attempt to deflect from impeachment

on a matter that both the president and his top advisers have said is crucial to bringing fairness to the markets,

literally no progress has been made.

President Trump’s trade deal with Beijing

leaves untouched the marriage of business and government known as China Inc.

that American executives for nearly two decades have said tilted global markets against them.

As late as September, he rejected talk of a partial agreement,

Chinese officials resisted making structural changes, and

by the time officials settled this month on an 86-page partial accord, any commitments to reduce subsidies had been excised.

government subsidies were a major element of China’s plan to surpass the U.S on technological leadership. China is “grossly subsidizing and taking over our markets,”

acknowledged that some key issues remain unresolved.

“a lot of hard things” have been left to future talks,

the commercial conflict has only convinced Xi to accelerate efforts to become self-sufficient — no matter the cost.

one of the major reasons Trump launched his trade war has yet to be resolved,

, it’s not at all clear that President Art of the Deal will be able to advance

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/12/donald-trump-phase-one-china-deal?utm_source=nl&utm_brand=vf&utm_mailing=VF_Hiv e_010220&utm_medium=email&bxid=5bd6795524c17c10480 22fcc&cndid=43758549&hasha=992d608214b505003aa04bf 10a595031&hashb=542eb31d958e85ddd5a4c3ccf3faae1852 6a77bd&hashc=54b3612ab970ce13a64a16665b1987080ca5b 72e2ee762b722fbba6ab378f2f5&esrc=bounceX&utm_campa ign=VF_Hive_010220&utm_term=VYF_Hive

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How Trump’s Trade War Is Making Lobbyists Rich And Slamming Small Businesses

Washington’s influence industry, including former Trump officials and allies, has made big money helping companies get exemptions from tariffs — sometimes by undercutting small business owners like Mike Elrod.

Low-level staffers with limited industry knowledge issuing seemingly arbitrary decisions that can save or smash a company’s bottom line.

Every few weeks, a list comes out with a new batch of lucky winners, and losers. “Non-electrical wall candelabras, of wood, each with 3 wrought iron candle holders”
    received a pass, for example, but none with one or two candles.

There is no mechanism for appeals.

Overall, Trump’s tariffs have not had the effect that the self-described “
    Tariff Man” promised.

Companies have moved manufacturing out of China — and it has mostly
    gone to Vietnam, Taiwan and Mexico.

Tariffs are chiefly behind a months-long decline in domestic manufacturing,

The total loss of jobs across the economy may be as high as

constantly up-in-the-air trade agreements and

the byzantine, opaque exclusion process has been a blessing for one set of players:

Washington’s influence industry, including the firms of former Trump officials and allies

four of Varian’s five exclusion requests have been approved — which, the company said in an SEC filing, boosted revenues by
    $23 million.

Lobbying
    records show that Primex paid Priebus’ firm, Michael Best Strategies, $85,000 in 2018 and 2019 for its services. “I’m not selling access,” Priebus once told Politico.

“I’m merely providing strategic advice and helping them handle their problems.”

the number of clients lobbying on
    tariffs and other trade issues are higher than any year on record.

In 2018, the number jumped by 28% to 1,372, and 2019 will significantly exceed that once final figures are in.

how companies that have hired lobbyists have fared compared with those that haven’t. But there is evidence that agencies have bent the rules.

Companies with enough resources and savvy can not only push their own cases,

they can work to undermine those of compe ors

With new tariffs being announced and lifted on a few days notice and trade agreements constantly being renegotiated, companies have scrambled to protect themselves.

Tariff exclusions are highly sought after because they offer a huge compe ive advantage — especially if a rival still has to pay.

Trump’s new tariffs amount to an
    $88 billion annual tax increase for U.S. companies,

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/how-trumps-trade-war-is-making-lobbyists-rich-and-slamming-small-businesses?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&u tm_campaign=Feed%3A+tpm-news+%28TPMNews%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    U.S. consumers and businesses—not China—are paying 'approximately 100%' of Trump's tariffs

“Approximately 100 percent” of the cost of tariffs from Donald Trump’s trade war with China is being paid by U.S. consumers and businesses, despite

Trump’s repeated insistence that the U.S. is “taxing the out of China.”

”U.S. tariffs continue to be almost entirely borne by U.S. firms and consumers,”

“We’re just not seeing foreigners bearing the cost”

“The steel industry isn’t getting that much protection.”

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...rump-s-tariffs

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just removing the dead wood

Wisconsin lost 10% of dairy farms last year amid Trump’s trade war with China

It’s the biggest one-year loss on record, and highlights the impact of Trump’s trade wars.

China, the country slashed its purchases of American dairy products in half,

throwing many farmers out of business as a result, making the already shaky economic environment for small dairy farms even worse.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/wisconsin-lost-10-of-dairy-farms-last-year-amid-trumps-trade-war-with-china/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Former AT&T CEO unloads on Trump for ‘stiffing’ rural America in scathing column for Iowa’s 2nd-largest newspaper

Leo Hindery Jr. ... laid out a damning indictment of Trump’s economic policies

“The dirty secret of the economy under Trump is that while major corporations have had reasons to celebrate, rural communities in the heartlands have gotten stiffed,”

“Case in point: Iowa,” he added.

“Research shows that in the state

the bulk of the economy’s benefits are being enjoyed by the richest one percent of Iowans, and

much less so by the state’s small businesses and farmers who are fighting for scraps.”

The Republican tax cuts were merely handouts to the wealthy, Hindery wrote,

“A recent analysis conducted by the Iowa Policy Project found that the wealthiest Iowans have benefitted most from the Trump administration’s Tax Cuts and Jobs Act,” Hindery wrote.

“These findings indicate that

the richest one percent – those Iowans with an average income of more than $1 million per year – captured 24 percent of all tax cut gains.

The poorest 20 percent of Iowans – those making less than $13,700 per year – saw only about one percent of the total.”

The tax cuts have failed to help smaller farm and small business owners

“Even Trump’s $16 billion emergency aid package for farmers

who’ve been hung out to dry by the misguided trade war with China has proven to be just another goody bag for the wealthy,”

most of the $8.4 billion given out as a part of the aid package has gone to wealthy farmers.

The top one percent of recipients received on average roughly $183,000

while the bottom 80 percent of farmers received less than $5,000.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/for...e+Raw+Story%29

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Details of Phase 1. Lots of promises, but, if kept, sounds pretty good.

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN1ZE2IF

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Details of Phase 1. Lots of promises, but, if kept, sounds pretty good.

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN1ZE2IF
    Have to give Trump credit for knowing when to chill and take what he could get. I thought he was going to overplay his hand and bump tariffs more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have to give Trump credit for knowing when to chill and take what he could get. I thought he was going to overplay his hand and bump tariffs more.
    Proof isn't in the pudding, but the eating.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Proof isn't in the pudding, but the eating.
    lol I forgot it is forbidden to give him credit even when it's due.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I just gave him credit, silly.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So he deserves credit for setting a fire and then putting a little of it out?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blowing Trump in public like you do is another thing entirely, Snake Boy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good point, but it is a better deal than I expected. I thought Trump would screw it up even worse before it started to get better.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blowing Trump in public like you do is another thing entirely, Snake Boy
    Nothing comes close to having Bernie's in your ass, Ron Paul's in your mouth, while you tickle Gary Johnson's balls. All to pretend you're an intelligent independent thinker when really you just gravitate to whatever is never going to happen.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well he inflicted enough pain on China to get them to bend the knee without breaking the economy. It's better than the last two administrations who both tried a small tariff and then folded immediately when China said you.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Nothing comes close to having Bernie's in your ass, Ron Paul's in your mouth, while you tickle Gary Johnson's balls. All to pretend you're an intelligent independent thinker when really you just gravitate to whatever is never going to happen.
    guy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I seem to have touched a nerve

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol you ran and hid in the other open threads, take your puny solace here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol Snake Boy red assed because I didn't praise Trump hard enough.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Make America Bankrupt Again:

Farm bankruptcies up 20% in 2019

the rise in Chapter 12 bankruptcies is the highest our country has seen since the year after the Great Recession

the Farm Bureau says 595 family farms filed for bankruptcy in 2019, and this rise in bankruptcies has been growing for “five consecutive quarters.”

Wisconsin was hit hardest with 57 of those filings in 2019, followed by Georgia.

While the Trump administration made a big deal of publicizing how much money it was throwing at farms, it turns out that giving
    most of that money to already-wealthy, big agricultural companies doesn’t help the smaller, family-run farms

the Trump administration
    telling audiences that conservatives don’t really care about small business.

. Numerous articles have highlighted the
    deteriorating relationship between the Trump’s farming voters and the Trump administration.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/1915224

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ‘Like a Bad Horror Movie’:

U.S. Weighs Reinstating Canadian Aluminum Tariffs

The step, which could incite retaliation from Canada, comes as the countries are preparing
    to ring in a new trade agreement July

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/23/b...m-tariffs.html

Trash will vengefully up everything he can reach between now and 20 Jan 21

Thread Information