Page 63 of 110 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 2730
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So spurs still begging teams to take lma/ddr

Same ol brian wright or is it rc ting the bed?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We miss the playoffs (again), get a better pick and have the ability to absorb deals in a trade with sending less out in return for picks? Sounds better than missing playoffs and having none of that
    There are 4 teams with more cap space, anything above 12 and you're out. And if you wait for that chance your left signing players nobody wants. You go into a season with no decent front court and you'll lose a lot. It ensures you get the better odds , but also ensures your players are playing against second and third stringers every night. It also ensures nobody watches your games and you lose money. You get better odds but a better pick is not given, 7th and 11th best odds jumped the top 4 in 2019, 7th 8th in 2020.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what does the Bucks roster look like?

Antetokounmpo
    Middleton
    Holiday
    Bogdanovich
    Lopez

Korver
    Connaughton
    ??????

Solid SL but lacking in depth.
    Wouldn’t surprise me if they attract a few vets and might be able to bring back Wes and Robin Lopez for the minimum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldn’t surprise me if they attract a few vets and might be able to bring back Wes and Robin Lopez for the minimum.
    Gonna need better than washed up vets tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NO got more for Jrue than we got for Nephew.
    Spurs FO is a joke.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs FO is a joke.
    Jrue didn't miss 73 games with a chronic injury and demanded a trade.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd much rather they move Murray for the long-term financial benefits. I don't disagree though. The Spurs might be able to turn him into another first-rounder to use on Lewis or Maxey and get four cheap years while Murray's contract tolls.
    Murray would be a great fit for Minnesota. He brings exactly what they need next to Russell. Maybe for the 17th pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Keep in mind, Shea is not a reliable source

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yall dont ing sleep? Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Keep in mind, Shea is not a reliable source
    If we have to send out Forbes, I'm against it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray would be a great fit for Minnesota. He brings exactly what they need next to Russell. Maybe for the 17th pick.
    I think the most likely Minny trade would be like Johnson and Culver for DMDR. I'd love to get 17 in that deal too, but something tells me that if 17 were involved then it'd be as a swap for 11. Unlike a lot of people on here I'd be pretty happy with that deal (without the swap). Culver seems like an interesting and aggressive prospect.

If it's Murray for Johnson and 17, that would be interesting. It would require SA to draft a PG with that pick or 11. I'd still hope the team trades Mils for Richardson if that's on the table.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a bubble, no. But that’s what letting him walk for nothing is anyways.

At least with cleared books you can be opportunistic
    Or....

You can just play him this year and then "be opportunistic" next season.

Cap space isn't uber valuable like you seem to think it is. They are more flexible with LMA on their roster than they'd be if they waived him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are alarmingly stupid and out of touch if they thought this. Signs of that all over like signing Pau to a horrendous deal and not even getting a CP meeting.
    Hard to blame them for CP. They had a meeting set up, but Houston convinced him to opt in and re-up with Bird rights. It turned out to be a fair better financial move for him, and I'm glad SA avoided that. I can't imagine how awful the culture would be with Paul and Leonard on the team at the same time.

Pau wasn't really a bad deal. People forget that he was a really good player even in his final season before he got injured. That basically ruined his career, but he was actually strong on both ends for most his time in SA. The problem with that contract wasn't who they were signing; it's that they (re-)signed him to replace Aldridge and then decided to not trade Aldridge. Also there was the structuring issue with them not just guaranteeing those first two years and increasing his salary. They've gotten into the bad habit of carry several million in dead money on their cap in recent years, and that's hurting them.

The dumbest thing they've done in a while was waiving Carroll. They should've held the line and just told him to stay home until the off-season. They could've easily rolled him into one of these proposed deals and not shoved themselves up against the tax.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry.... I used to have it but let it go... Kevin Pelton was nearly enough to keep me interested...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruh when you're seeing like this going down you wanna get in on it ASAP. Its like a $5 70" TV on Black Friday.
    Except Pop holding out for the 70" OLED at $495

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Phoenix is in win-now mode, and they CP3 trade indicates that, I would talk with them about DDR. I think Booker and Paul would hide his weaknesses, while giving them a mid-range shooter who would complement thair game. Does Phoenix have anything we need other than Saric?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Phoenix is in win-now mode, and they CP3 trade indicates that, I would talk with them about DDR. I think Booker and Paul would hide his weaknesses, while giving them a mid-range shooter who would complement thair game. Does Phoenix have anything we need other than Saric?
    Only draft capital but, im not sure they have enough contracts to send back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only draft capital but, im not sure they have enough contracts to send back.
    I believe the Suns would have to send out $19 million ($5 million less than Aldridge’s $24 million). You’re right in that they don’t have the contracts to make it work, so can probably move on. They could guarantee Kaminsky, Payne and Diallo’s contracts and include Bridges and Johnson plus add one other contract and make it work but that’s their entire back end of the roster and not sure the Spurs want any of that.

Maybe a sign and trade works around Saric, but we know sign and trades are really hard these days.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe the Suns would have to send out $19 million ($5 million less than Aldridge’s $24 million). You’re right in that they don’t have the contracts to make it work, so can probably move on. They could guarantee Kaminsky, Payne and Diallo’s contracts and include Bridges and Johnson plus add one other contract and make it work but that’s their entire back end of the roster and not sure the Spurs want any of that.

Maybe a sign and trade works around Saric, but we know sign and trades are really hard these days.
    I mean, the Kings and Bucks just illegally agreed to a sign-and-trade for Bogdanovic, so I'm not sure it actually is hard to pull one off with Saric. I'm just not sure I'd want to do that if I were either team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Marc Stein @TheSteinLine
    13m
    Andre Drummond is bypassing free agency and picking up his $28.7 million player option for next season to stay with the Cavaliers, league sources said

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't even know Drummond was traded (shows you how closely I followed this past season). Who was he traded for?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs FO is a joke.
    Wrong. We gave up Nephew AND Danny Green, and got back a big white Euro goon, a bi polar Crip from LA and Keldon Johnson.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you imagine that Detroit trade looks like? Griffin, Doumbouya, and 7?

Thread Information