Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bill, you’re always a good man and fan. Too good for some of the people that post here.
    Cheers, bro. Back at yeah. Until next game....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I agree. Lonnie's hands were swiping at the ball more than usual this game. Good performance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean two years ago it was arguable. Because he really did break out in 2019. Murray has deservingly earned more of that le of best player for sure lately but don’t resort to this petty nonsense again. You said it many times but we should hope both succeed. It shouldn’t be the first instinct to say I was right all along, White sucks or Murray’s contract was a mistake when one or both of them have a horrible game.
    I mean, dude gets way more leeway than any player on the team. He comes back from injury and people are like "you gotta give him a month to get in shape" but Murray comes off a season ending injury and people crucified him all year last season. And now that Murray is starting to put it all together, no one is putting him next to the Big 3 or be a potential superstar, certainly not me. But next time White puts up 20, I'm sure he'll be put on a pedestal again. I just don't think that's right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bucks have won 11 of their last 12 games and this was our 5th game in 7 nights. Proud of the team for hanging in there despite playing 4 on 6 all night.

It is ing annoying though how Pop always goes with the player having their worst game to play almost the entire 4th quarter
    Agreed. Great team effort despite the self sabotage from Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, dude gets way more leeway than any player on the team. He comes back from injury and people are like "you gotta give him a month to get in shape" but Murray comes off a season ending injury and people crucified him all year last season. And now that Murray is starting to put it all together, no one is putting him next to the Big 3 or be a potential superstar, certainly not me. But next time White puts up 20, I'm sure he'll be put on a pedestal again. I just don't think that's right.
    People putting down Murray after his injury and missing a whole year definitely weren't being fair. I can admit I didn't believe in him also, but that was more because parts of his game still needed to be tooled and I have so much respect for him putting in the hard work because now he's a completely different player.

Also look at White this year. He's missed more than half the games due to injury and he had covid. Yet he's struggling again and all the anti-White jackasses come in here ready to say "Haha he sucked all along, I was right." Isn't it unfair to criticize the guy completely about his shortcomings when he's still not given enough games to get into rhythm yet? Seems to be the same unfair criticism that was against Murray before. Unfortunately for White, he's so damn injury prone, so this cycle of getting in and out of rhythm might just be what defines his career. Just because certain fans give him leeway doesn't mean we all feel that way. We just know he's capable of better. it's just people making hyperbole claims (none of them from you I might add) after one player has a bad stretch of games is getting old. Just look at how the forum often changes their opinion on Poeltl.

You do realize the comparison to Manu was more the role they play. White being the 6th man/playmaker off the bench, which we all speculated at a time so Murray can stay a starter and when we still had that scrub Brent Forms. At least for me. I don't think any sane Spurs fan truly believes he was as good as Manu lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never understood that...I was just in an argument with some Spurs fans on youtube because they were SURE White is a star...and I'm like HOW??? Dude is 26 and averages 12ppg
    When he has a good game, it's a well-rounded game where he makes a difference on both ends, but he just isn't consistent. Even if he finds it, I don't think his ceiling is that high.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we got a pretty good team and can beat any team any given night. And they’re just going to get better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah. Especially with Trey also benched. I'd have liked to give Luka a few minutes if no other reason than defensive experience on such a range of players including the Freak. I actually like Rudy as a person a lot, and don't want him forced out, but it looks like THIS season is not for Luka. Maybe next...

5:30 AM here need sleep. These games always are more tiring when you lose!
    Respect, Bill. That's a true fan - I already find it hard to stay late to watch the Spurs, can't imagine doing those hours. Lol hope Pop rewards you with some Luka soon... For sure he could've helped this game. He could've checked Middleton who was shooting over guys the entire night, and get some more rebounds. I'm sure he'll get more playing time next season, but it's frustrating that he doesn't in this one when he's visibly ready... And Rudy's just done. Love him, but hope we could get a 1st out of trading him to a contender, getting him a chip in the meantime if lucky.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When he has a good game, it's a well-rounded game where he makes a difference on both ends, but he just isn't consistent. Even if he finds it, I don't think his ceiling is that high.
    See this right here is a fair take on White. I agree with this. Back then, when it was just White and Murray, he was way more valuable. But if Lonnie, Keldon, Vassell can develop into better players over time than White, the team would be better off trading him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see Walker in a lot of trade proposals and I think it’s a mistake. I don’t know what you pay him, but he seems like the most capable to replace DDR. He’s not as good, but if he can finish better, he has a nice jumper and pure athlete with a great first step. And he can create.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White isn’t a star but we’ve seen him play way better on offense. I think we need to see if he can get out of his shooting funk. He still plays solid D.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People putting down Murray after his injury and missing a whole year definitely weren't being fair. I can admit I didn't believe in him also, but that was more because parts of his game still needed to be tooled and I have so much respect for him putting in the hard work because now he's a completely different player.

Also look at White this year. He's missed more than half the games due to injury and he had covid. Yet he's struggling again and all the anti-White jackasses come in here ready to say "Haha he sucked all along, I was right." Isn't it unfair to criticize the guy completely about his shortcomings when he's still not given enough games to get into rhythm yet? Seems to be the same unfair criticism that was against Murray before. Unfortunately for White, he's so damn injury prone, so this cycle of getting in and out of rhythm might just be what defines his career. Just because certain fans give him leeway doesn't mean we all feel that way. We just know he's capable of better. it's just people making hyperbole claims (none of them from you I might add) after one player has a bad stretch of games is getting old. Just look at how the forum often changes their opinion on Poeltl.

You do realize the comparison to Manu was more the role they play. White being the 6th man/playmaker off the bench, which we all speculated at a time so Murray can stay a starter and when we still had that scrub Brent Forms. At least for me. I don't think any sane Spurs fan truly believes he was as good as Manu lol.
    Good take, bro. I know you've been fair with Murray this season too. Much respect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good take, bro. I know you've been fair with Murray this season too. Much respect.
    We've had ugly back and forths regarding both, but you're a good dude and I wanna respect that. Hope your health has been good since you had covid before (I may be wrong) but wish you good health regardless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We've had ugly back and forths regarding both, but you're a good dude and I wanna respect that. Hope your health has been good since you had covid before (I may be wrong) but wish you good health regardless.
    Thanks bro. I still don't know if I ever truly got COVID. I tested negative but I had the symptoms and was very sick for a week. I also got my first dose of the Moderna vaccine last week since I'm a government worker and got sick for a couple days after which my doctor told me are signs I might have had it before. Who knows but I feel great now!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crazy how far Derrick has fallen off but I think this is who he is at this point he’s maxed out his talents. Lonnie kj dj vassel all have way higher ceilings

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That sounds like any other decent starter or 6th man...that's what separates them from being a star...White would have already been a star by 26 if he were ever going to be one...I've been telling ppl 9n this board this for years who were bashing DJ and propping up White...DJ is two years younger...he is DEFINITELY going to put up better numbers than white when he reaches the same age...imagine DJ only scoring 12ppg two years from now...that's unimaginable, unless he becomes part of a superteam and has to take a backseat

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks bro. I still don't know if I ever truly got COVID. I tested negative but I had the symptoms and was very sick for a week. I also got my first dose of the Moderna vaccine last week since I'm a government worker and got sick for a couple days after which my doctor told me are signs I might have had it before. Who knows but I feel great now!
    The vaccine apparently is a cure for those with 'long covid'.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crazy how far Derrick has fallen off but I think this is who he is at this point he’s maxed out his talents. Lonnie kj dj vassel all have way higher ceilings
    Athletically I agree that walker, kj, vassel and even dj have higher ceilings.

This year hasn't been great for Derrick. Injuries and covid slowed down his development.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This aint a flukey performance from Lonnie. This a young player learning to string four full quarters of play. Said it a few times , he been hot for quarters. . The key part was he started cold, the spurs continued to call plays for him. He took it inside which got him going.. more often than not we seen him disappear because he has to compete for shots and mins with pops pecking order.

Spurs cant ignore Lonnie looking comfortable out there on both ends.You can tell the game is slowing down for him. .
    Last edited by Slippy; 03-21-2021 at 08:20 AM.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great job Lonnie. You know he’s playing less than 10 mins next game
    This cracked me up. Wouldnt be surprised .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We might not intentionally throw games but with guys refusing to bring the fire on a nightly basis and Demar being Demar, my hope for #1 pick isn't that fantastical. It could happen.

Anyway I'd settle for top 5.

Or the guys we have could start playing with more aggression every night. I'm fine with either.

But which is more fantastical?

Those blowouts don't happen for no reason. The guys still mostly look like they have never been on the court together. They don't learn. Something needs to change.
    they haven't been on the court that much. Team is still gelling. The Poeltl/Johnson/DeRozan/White/Murray line up hasn't even played 10 games together

I see Walker in a lot of trade proposals and I think it’s a mistake. I don’t know what you pay him, but he seems like the most capable to replace DDR. He’s not as good, but if he can finish better, he has a nice jumper and pure athlete with a great first step. And he can create.
    I always said Lonnie can be better than DeRozan. Just by being a good 3-point shooter he'd be more effective. Also a DeRozan/Lonnie wing duo has a high ceiling depending on when Lonnie puts it all together. He just has a pure jumper and supreme athleticism. It's all about making the right reads, staying aggressive and finishing better. He's already improving, finishing through contact, finishing with his left and coming off screens to get into his midrange jumper. There's no reason to trade him as these are minor things that he can improve on pretty quick.
    Last edited by RC_Drunkford; 03-21-2021 at 09:23 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This year hasn't been great for Derrick. Injuries and covid slowed down his development.
    Which is a bummer as Derrick, being older for a 'young' guy, is in his physical prime right now. He'll get wiser, he'll get healthier, but he won't get physcially more capable.
    Last edited by BillMc; 03-21-2021 at 09:57 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine having a "scheduled loss" when you're fighting for a playoff spot and have your youngest team in decades.
    Imagine thinking the spurs should play this brutal a schedule and not rest players in order to get the best results. Young team or not, lots of players on this team are injury risks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really disappointed in the way Derrick played. It seemed like every time he clanged one of those good look threes he got, it seems like the Bucks came down and hit a three or scored most of those possessions. That really hurt the team as they were battling hard to stay in it. White needs to start playing A LOT better, otherwise, I can't justify him starting.

Also, in regard to Lonnie, I wasn't sure before, but I do not want to trade him. Great game. If he can keep playing like this, he could really become a great player.

Thread Information