Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stopped reading at spurs should sign lauri

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From Wright’s words post-draft, doesn’t sound like they would be going for THT. He said they would go for size and shooting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All signs pointing to Lauri so far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stopped reading at spurs should sign lauri
    You didn't even make it to the most controversial part, tbh

From Wright’s words post-draft, doesn’t sound like they would be going for THT. He said they would go for size and shooting.
    One would hope Brian Wright would've had the time to at least glance through the CIA handbook by now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barf..........

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know how useful going CIA during free agency really is. Being secretive doesn’t give you any advantage… does it? If a player wants to come, they’ll come.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those FAs are all bad ideas.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm all in on the Collins max

If they match or just give him the same money, then they'll be paying the tax in a couple of years and the Spurs will get their share.

If they get Collins, I think he'll be great at a higher usage and he's young enough for the next great team. Vertical threat, transition threat, stretch 4, smallball 5, fits everything well and could unlock some things with the guards. White was already one of the best pick and roll guys in the league, give him Collins and watch out.

And if he gets popped for eating clen and trenning hard and suspended again then it becomes a tank year and they get a lottery pick

All the other options are crap anyway. Signing Collins to a sheet might be useful if only for temporarily locking up space so the Spurs can't do any 12:01 deals of trash

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just to be clear, you’re not advocating for signing BOTH Collins and Markannen, right?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collins is basically gone.

I think someone like Bobby Portis would be better as a shooting 4. Also, Oubre is exactly the sort of player you should use an inflated 1 year contract on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collins is really the only free Agent out there that makes sense. Everybody else is just meh. We definitely need a trade. With players like Siakam, Simmons and Turner being available, the Spurs top priority should be to land one of these guys and offer Collins the max. I wouldn’t be mad if the Spurs make the Lakers sweat by offering THT a contract

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there a concern in offering Colins the Max (tying up funds), that someone swoops in, while awaiting the result, and signs Lauri to an Offer sheet instead?

I'm nonplussed on either tbh (though certainly Collins is the more exciting of the two for having the more well rounded game).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The reports on Collins are that he is going to take a 5/120. Maybe that's true, but it's stupid and bad work from his agent if true.

Why agree to 5/120 when you can leverage the Spurs at 4/120?

Anyways, the Hawks forum where that nbaSUPES guy posts had some other alleged insider last night saying that Collins was going to do due diligence and then the Hawks would match, which made supes have a fit and curse Collins for not agreeing to a cheaper deal. Pretty funny. Haven't checked today to see what other stuff is allegedly happening

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there are concern in offering Colins the Max (tying up funds), that someone swoops in, while awaiting the result, and signs Lauri to an Offer sheet instead?

I'm nonplussed on either tbh (though certainly Collins is more exciting for having the more well rounded game).
    That might be a concern if Lauri was a great piece.

Besides, teams might wait to see if the Bulls pull his offer. If they are going to sign Lonzo to a sheet, I think that only happens by pulling Lauri's.

Any the Bulls might wait to see if new Orleans pulls the Lonzo sheet to sign a different guard

So if new Orleans loses on Lowry, They might re-sign Ball. Bulls miss Ball, they re-sign Lauri. It's all a mess

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How much would Bobby Portis cost and does he fit? Or would y’all prefer just re-signing Dieng? I’ve always liked Portis’ all around game and energy. I think he would bring some toughness too maybe like a Willis or Mohammed. Not exactly the same styles of play but I don’t think anyone would label Portis as passive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a fan of any max contracts at this point.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I tend to agree with that plan of action. I think the most likely outcome is signing Lauri and a sign and trade for DeRozan. I believe Atlanta will match any offer sheet for Collins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully the old dudes are gone.
    Success depends on the young ones stepping up big time, a good piece or two added that complements and finding teamwork and pulling together to make something good happen.
    It could happen.
    Unlikely though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reality: Run it back and bring the gang back at 12:01.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never been impressed with Collins

hope it doesnt happen tbh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Sign and trades - could be huge for the team
    2. trade either Murray or White - Spurs need to make a decision on which one to keep
    3. try to sign someone OR take expiring contracts for picks and embrace the tank

*edit* forgot step 4

4. do NOT sign Oubre
    Last edited by FutureMan; 08-01-2021 at 10:55 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collins is really the only free Agent out there that makes sense. Everybody else is just meh. We definitely need a trade. With players like Siakam, Simmons and Turner being available, the Spurs top priority should be to land one of these guys and offer Collins the max. I wouldn’t be mad if the Spurs make the Lakers sweat by offering THT a contract

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two things that would make the offseason a success (even after f'n up the draft):

1. The old man calling it quits after the olympics.
    2. Derozan GTFOff the team.

Unfortunately, I doubt the ego maniac walks away this summer. Which is a bummer because the OP knows full well that Sloanavich coming back makes it impossible to "Embrace the Rebuild"

I think #2 will happen but I wouldn't put it past this dumbass GM to bring Derozan back on some stupid ass contract. This is a bottom 3 FO in the league and I fully expect them to prove it over these next several days

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    timvp we must be in a boy band because we are clearly N’Sync

Exactly my thoughts and glad we are on the same page. I’ve been leading the Twitter crusade on nearly all of these items as well. If it’s obvious to you and I let’s hope it is to the FO.

But I’m worried. I don’t trust them to see things this obviously
    Last edited by DPG21920; 08-01-2021 at 11:51 PM.

Thread Information