Page 20 of 76 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I tend to believe Chinook that Primo could be part of the trade for Simmons come Sept 9 when he becomes available to be traded, with rumors that Sixers was high on Primo. Or if that doesn’t happen, that Primo is a potential top 5 draft pick next year who can be paired with next year’s high pick. So either way, Spurs doesn’t have to be all in with Simmons. But I’m hoping that Spurs get Simmons, see what Chip and Spurs winning culture can do with him, and see where that takes us.
    Were the 76ers really high on Primo? I haven't seen that yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Supposedly the Timberwolves' offer is Beasley, Prince, McDaniels + undisclosed draft capital, but they'd need that to interest a third team to get the 76ers the type of win now lead play maker they covet.

Not great obviously, but unlike the Spurs' expendable pieces, they're at least malleable ones who play in demand positions, so they'd probably have a better chance of attracting another team.

I don't know where you saw that, but by process of elimination . . .

Trail Blazers: Even if amendable to McCollum+, the 76ers aren't because it'd be a conflict of interest to their ultimate end goal of acquiring Lillard.

Kings: If their offer is seriously Hield and Bagley III, they'd have to include an absurd amount of draft capital.

Warriors and Raptors: I never bought either, it's just typical media policy to feel obligated to include their pets with regard to any available or potentially so superstar or star in their quest to will them back into contention.
    I pieced that together by the various reports. There was an athletic report that GSW wasn't interested in trading Wiseman and or Kuminga in a trade for Simmons and they weren't actively pursuing a trade. There was another report that Toronto had interest but that stopped after they drafted Barnes.

The Kings seemingly are dead set against trading Fox and or Haliburton, so its hard to imagine them having a serious package.

Agreed on Portland.

Minny could go for broke and add just about every first that they have to try and entice Philly, though that seems unlikely.

Based on that, I think the Spurs have a great chance of getting him. I think it will come down to the number of attached picks though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are not getting Simmons and likely won't be involved in the trade at all. But they are probably bidding up the price for the Twolves and Kings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

no wonder he wants out of Philly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

no wonder he wants out of Philly
    damn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i am highly skeptical that the spurs would offer primo for simmons; they didn't draft him just to jettison him off just like that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i am highly skeptical that the spurs would offer primo for simmons; they didn't draft him just to jettison him off just like that.
    I kinda think the same way here on Primo. I also think in a couple years his game would fit very nicely next to Ben.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    so it'd be like... murray + white for ben?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    don't forget about making the numbers work, simmons is making $30M+.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope not, I don't want the Spurs to be stuck with having to play Walker huge minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I imagine it'd he one of White or Murray and Young plus a young player like Walker or Vassell. Plus a future pick. Which I'd do all day since none of these guys will ever be Allstars

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if DJ being with Klutch makes a trade more unlikely. Rumor is there is growing tension between them and the 76ers FO.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if DJ being with Klutch makes a trade more unlikely. Rumor is there is growing tension between them and the 76ers FO.
    I keep hearing this line bantered about and I don't buy it... I don't think an agency can afford to have a toxic relationship with a team to the point they don't want any players they represent on it... in the end (for the agency) it'll be just business.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the initial reports were a package centered around Murray and Walker. Probably Thad added in to make the money work.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    33-35-37-40

He's almost a negative asset with that contract.
    I wouldn't give up anything more than White+Vassell+Young. Maybe a single first rounder instead of Vassell.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have people brought up a potential three team trade between Philly, Phoenix, and San Antonio?

Spurs Get:

Ben Simmons
    Dario Saric

Philly Gets:

Murray
    Walker
    Jalen Smith
    2022 Spurs Unprotected 1st
    2024 Spurs top 5 protected 1st
    2024 Phoenix 1st (lottery protected)

Phoenix Gets:

Thad Young

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FiveThirtyEight

Ben Simmon
    Borderline All-Star
    5-yr Market Value $155.6M
    Most Comparable Magic Johnson 1985

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have people brought up a potential three team trade between Philly, Phoenix, and San Antonio?

Spurs Get:

Ben Simmons
    Dario Saric

Philly Gets:

Murray
    Walker
    Jalen Smith

Phoenix Gets:

Thad Young
    Drop a spur pick and protect the other, otherwise that could work.

(Think Spurs would need to send salary ballast too, right?)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course, because you are a rational, thinking adult without spiders for brains.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have plenty of salaries they can throw into a deal to make numbers work with no long-term money beyond this year. Simmons makes $33 million. That can equal 125% plus $100k of what the Spurs send out. So basically need to get to $26.32 million or so.

One of Murray or White plus Aminu almost gets you there on its own. And the Spurs will have to give up more than Murray or White.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This looks like it’s going to end pretty badly for Philly. But… I can’t wait to see the Philly fans in the Ben Simmons return game (which the NBA will eventually make happen regardless of conference). They’re gonna make Spurs fans look soft on Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drop a spur pick and protect the other, otherwise that could work.

(Think Spurs would need to send salary ballast too, right?)
    The trade works financially, according to Trade NBA, because Philly would be taking Murray, Walker, and Smith. I think 3 firsts would seal the deal, with only two coming from the Spurs. That's not a lot to give up in my opinion. With the Bulls 2025 pick, the Spurs would really only be out of 1 first rounder.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    33-35-37-40

I wouldn't give up anything more than White+Vassell+Young. Maybe a single first rounder instead of Vassell.
    I would much rather give up Murray than White. Murray is a better player but would be unplayable with Simmons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Spurs Get:

Ben Simmons
    Dario Saric

Philly Gets:

Murray
    Walker
    Jalen Smith

Phoenix Gets:

Thad Young
    Either swap out Walker for Hutch or turn that 24 pick into the Chicago pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    33-35-37-40

He's owed big time money and yeah he's young, but not that young. He's hitting that age where he is what he is.
    His flaw is huge, can't shoot. Either it shots outside the lane or free throw. It's not only he can't shoot, but in addition he won't even try. At 25 I'm not sure how much better he's going to get.

He reminds me of a middle infielder who suddenly has trouble throwing to 1st. It's not easily correctable

I'd say no
    Of course I don't think the Spurs have a good offer

Thread Information