My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think about it.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I don't think about it.
    57 posts in this thread and you don't think about it.

If you lived in Alabama, would you vote for Moore?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you know, once i heard moore has a jew attorney it's like all was forgiven.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    57 posts in this thread and you don't think about it.

If you lived in Alabama, would you vote for Moore?
    I don't do hypotheticals.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I don't do hypotheticals.
    Or anything resembling an actual stance, tough guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or anything resembling an actual stance, tough guy.
    You keep trying to get a narrative going and you're salty that I won't let you.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You keep trying to get a narrative going and you're salty that I won't let you.
    No, I'm rather enjoying your being an outright chicken . It's nice of you to play along.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, I'm rather enjoying your being an outright chicken . It's nice of you to play along.
    Stay with that narrative.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Stay with that narrative.
    I don't think about it.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    I don't think about it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm really against the Democrats having a litmus test on abortion. While I agree with a woman's right to choose I don't want the Democrats to sacrifice their ability to get a decent economic agenda through because they had to have ideological purity on one wedge issue.
    Things are bad down there, man.

They interviewed this black guy, pretty well spoken, decent guy throughout the interviewed, talked about how Moore didn't hold Alabamians views and that's not how things are done there but at the end of the interview he was asked, so who you gonna vote for?

Guy then replied with well I won't vote for Doug Jones for sure. Still thinking about Roy...might write his name in after all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The left focuses on late night talk show material while the right focuses on winning seats.

Keep it up.
    "muh left is dumb and right is smart"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Dad who lost gay daughter protests Moore rally

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/news...lly/vi-BBGEfcN

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "muh left is dumb and right is smart"

have you read your posts about republicans?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weather cool and clear in AL, so good voting turnout, favors Dems, is possible

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alabama DMV closings draw call for federal voting rights probe

the state’s shuttering of driver’s license offices in several heavily black counties, warning that the closures throw up another obstacle to voting.

“These closures will potentially disenfranchise Alabama’s poor, elderly, disabled, and black communities,” wrote Rep. Terri Sewell in a letter sent Monday to Attorney General Loretta Lynch.

“To restrict the ability of any citizen to vote is an assault on the rights of all Americans to equally participate in the electoral process.”

Citing budget constraints, the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency said last Wednesday that driver’s license examiners would no longer work at 31 offices around the state.

eight of the 10 counties with the highest share of non-white registered voters will see their offices closed.

That includes all five of the counties that voted most strongly Democratic in the 2012 presidential election.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/alabama-dmv-closings-draw-call-federal-voting-rights-probe

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Alabama Senate Race May Have Already Been Decided

The Senate election in Alabama on Tuesday is not just about the choice between Doug Jones and Roy Moore.

It’s also about a voter suppression campaign that may well sway the result of a close race.

In 2011, Alabama lawmakers passed
    a photo ID law, ostensibly to combat voter fraud.

lawmakers wanted to keep black and Latino voters from the ballot box. We know this because they’ve
    always been clear about their intentions.

a photo ID law would undermine Alabama’s “black power structure.”

In The Montgomery Advertiser, he said that the absence of an ID law “benefits black elected leaders.”

Photo ID laws are written to make it difficult for people like them to vote.

And that’s exactly what happens.

A study by Zoltan Hajnal, a political scientist at the University of California, San Diego, comparing the 2012 and 2016 presidential elections, found that the voter ID law kept black voters from the polls.

After Alabama implemented its strict voter ID law, turnout in its most racially diverse counties declined by almost 5 percentage points, which is even more than the drop in diverse counties in other states.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/12/1...vZ0KcGMS?amp=1

Repugs' "intelligence" is concentrated on slandering, lying, cheating, and not on governing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tweets:

I just had a friend from
    Alabama tell me that the turnout for the 40+ crowd was no where near where it was for the general election. Said lots of younger folks, women and minorities we're out in full force and they appeared to be going hard for Jones.

======

Shelby County Circuit Clerk Mary Harris: "I’ve done these for 45 years, and this is higher than what I anticipated. ... I’ve already ordered more ballots three times."

https://twitter.com/search?q=alabama+turnout&ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7C twcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Esearch

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Weather cool and clear in AL, so good voting turnout, favors Dems, is possible
    How does good weather favor Democrats?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How does good weather favor Democrats?
    bad weather lowers turnout which favors Repugs, just like multiple hours waiting in line at a reduced number of voting stations dissuades voters.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 12-12-2017 at 06:01 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    have you read your posts about republicans?
    I don't pretend to say or think both sides are equally bad.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reports Of Heavy-Handed Voter Suppression In Alabama Senate Election

voters are reporting various forms of procedural roadblocks that many suggest rise to the level of voter suppression.

Brittany Melton noted that she’s voted at the same polling location in Alabama for her entire life.

Today, while attempting to vote in the election between Democrat Doug Jones and Republican Roy Moore, Melton’s status was reportedly

marked “inactive.”
    For someone who has voted consistently–in the same place; for their entire life–an inactive status marker is charitably described as curious.

suddenly I and tons of others in my small town were marked as inactive. Folks who have lived here longer than I’ve been alive….inactive.

So they make the inactive people go to a special table to fill out a form and guess what fam? If you don’t remember your birth county you can’t fill out the form. Sucks for you if you were born out of state like me.

Melton’s initial tweet has since gone viral and her story appears to have prompted others to come forward with similar complaints .

such revisions of voter rolls disproportionately impact poor and minority voters–who tend to move around more often than their white and wealthy counterparts.

Update: 5:44 p.m.

Late this afternoon multiple reports surfaced of

Alabama police pouncing on polling stations to allegedly “check voters for outstanding warrants.”

Alabama NAACP officials noted that this is a common tactic used in the state and that it typically will depress turnout because it can “deter people from voting” in the first place.

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile...nate-election/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Alabama Secretary of State John Merrill said indications are his earlier projection of a 25 percent voter turnout today was pretty accurate.

"It looks like we're probably right on target," Merrill said."

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/12/john_merrill_says_turnout_righ.html

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is what will happen to every Republican when Roy Moore is a senator

If Roy Moore is Alabama's ambassador to the world and his politics become Alabama's brand, we won't be able to recruit the kinds of investment and business that Alabama needs to grow and prosper. It's simple as that.

This is a man who has said that sexuality should be a crime.

This is a man who has said that the state should use "the power of the sword" to keep gay parents from raising children.

This is a man who has said that Islam is not a religion and that the First Amendment does not apply to any religion but his brand of Christianity.

This is a man who has argued that a duly elected congressman should not be allowed to take office because he is a Muslim.

This is a man who's used his nonprofit to put money in his own pocket.

This is a man who said he is more akin than he might have known to Vladimir Putin.

And the list goes on, and gets longer with each passing day.

But one thing is certain: If elected to the the Senate, this is not a man who will disappear until this next election. He will use that new platform to preach his message every opportunity he gets.

And cable TV news shows will be more than eager to give it to him, because every time he blathers something hateful or embarrassing, they'll then get to weaponize that and use it against other Republicans running for other offices.

Roy Moore would be poison for the national Republican Party, and I'm tempted to let them drink it.

http://www.al.com/opinion/index.ssf/...up_for_al.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    did he win yet or has that cuck jones pulled ahead?

Thread Information