Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i don't expect any announcement prior to Olympics. it would change the team dynamic if they knew pop was leaving.
    It’s been pretty much an open secret for a year that he’s retiring after the Olympics. They won’t postpone them again, so there’s either an Olympics and he retires, or they cancel, and he retires.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://thesportsdrop.com/articles/l...om-slovenia/5/

"Nesterović was never much of a scorer, but he could rebound, play defense, and do a lot of the dirty work. His team made the playoffs in 10 of his seasons, so he usually played on winning teams. Perhaps most importantly, he’s Dončić’s godfather."

I'd never heard of this before.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Carlisle is a damn good coach but its more to do with Cuban hiring a statistics guy than anything else. As for Pop, I am certain he is done after the Olympics and I also bet he has already informed the owners.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Nelson getting fired may have contributed to Rick's quitting. Also Luka wasn't pleased with Nelson's ouster as they were close.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka D doesn't seem like an obvious little beyotch, but I don't follow Dallas chisme that closely. It's also possible that Carlisle is too structured. I mean, gulp, Manu had challenges in the beginning with Pop telling him to play more controlled, but we had Duncan to keep things in line and, obviously, Manu is a God and not someone to get involved in mere mortal petty drama.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka D doesn't seem like an obvious little beyotch, but I don't follow Dallas chisme that closely. It's also possible that Carlisle is too structured. I mean, gulp, Manu had challenges in the beginning with Pop telling him to play more controlled, but we had Duncan to keep things in line and, obviously, Manu is a God and not someone to get involved in mere mortal petty drama.
    A story from Clutchfans:

"I saw Luka at a grocery store in Los Angeles. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
    ​
    I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have you EVER watched an entire Mavs game? Luka is a bigger on the court than Dirk ever was, and Dirk was a world class diva.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Atlanta finally with something smile about this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have you EVER watched an entire Mavs game? Luka is a bigger on the court than Dirk ever was, and Dirk was a world class diva.
    Yup I always see Doncic snarling at officials or making his smirks every time he makes a shot. I thought that like any other alphas that are assholes. MJ, Bird, Kobe they’re all jerks as being overly compe ive. But Doncic is just plain asshole.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka has a horrible team around him but my god the player en lement these days is just too much. Thanks LeDiva for the trend you started. Durbeta for continuing it and Nephew for doing the worst of it all. Really unfortunate for all the small market teams who can’t even trust their star talent anymore if they don’t automatically build a contender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do people keep calling for a vet coach to come in take the reigns? This isn't a win-now team. You don't want a guy who's going to get seven more wins out of the club than the talent allows. You want a guy who's going to develop the young players. Sometimes those two goals can align. Often, they won't, and guys like Forbes will get a ton of minutes. I'm all for the team trying to win, but that also means getting vets and retaining DeRozan. These past two seasons with DMDR, Gay and LMA, it would've made sense. Now, even if they bring DeRozan back, the team doesn't really have a path toward competing in a meaningful way. I don't see a trade or signing (in addition to DeRozan coming back) that would allow for the team to make that pivot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A story from Clutchfans:

"I saw Luka at a grocery store in Los Angeles. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
    ​
    I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly."
    You do realize that’s a meme post, right? Or you’re aren’t being serious with your post?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You do realize that’s a meme post, right? Or you’re aren’t being serious with your post?
    Even if it wasn't a meme post, it was obviously too ridiculous and went on for too long, to be credible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why must you be a Toby

Party pooper

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you gotta give pop credit for one thing-ain't no player ever had the balls to yell back at him during a game.
    Stephen Jackson did it a few times during his first stint with the Spurs. I remember reading about how David Robinson is the one that served as peacemaker when Jax went off on Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You didn't know.
    No I didn't see it except here, presented as a “realistic account” I Thought it was too funny a story and too long to be credible. The Milky ways gave it away.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why must you be a Toby

Party pooper

Ah , my bad D.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim MacMahon
    @espn_macmahon
    Luka Doncic is a strong supporter of Mavs assistant coach Jamahl Mosley. “He’s got the things that are needed for a head coach," Doncic said after Mosely's one-game fill-in for a win over the Knicks this season. "He can be the head coach, for sure.”

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do people keep calling for a vet coach to come in take the reigns? This isn't a win-now team. You don't want a guy who's going to get seven more wins out of the club than the talent allows. You want a guy who's going to develop the young players. Sometimes those two goals can align. Often, they won't, and guys like Forbes will get a ton of minutes. I'm all for the team trying to win, but that also means getting vets and retaining DeRozan. These past two seasons with DMDR, Gay and LMA, it would've made sense. Now, even if they bring DeRozan back, the team doesn't really have a path toward competing in a meaningful way. I don't see a trade or signing (in addition to DeRozan coming back) that would allow for the team to make that pivot.
    not just a vet coach, one of the best coaches in the league

smh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coaching is hard..... Pop haters always have to eat crow

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe Luka is leaving too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When are going to hear Becky Is being considered.
    When her agent or some other organization who wants to appear "woke" throws her name out there. She's not getting hired folks. No woman is until many more females are hired in assistant roles.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you gotta give pop credit for one thing-ain't no player ever had the balls to yell back at him during a game.
    You don't know that.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thankfully, no. I’m not defending the guy. I’m perfectly ok to be convinced he’s a . It would be surprising if an NBA superstar wasn’t. I’m also bot going out of my way to say Carlisle is what we need.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn good coach, Spurs FO should be going hard on him....ah who am I kidding this FO probably won't even make a call.

Thread Information