Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White being extremely passive is terrible for the second unit, they can't get anything going, can't get open shots and Poeltl is useless simply waiting around for offensive rebounds. Rudy doesn't seem to be in shape but he's the only one looking to make things happen with the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thinking there might be some locker room stuff with Carrol. Looking at the highlights and Demarre is pretty much at the end of the bench, not cheering/clapping for his teammates.

Probably not thrilled with Pop blanking his minutes in favor of other losers on the team, wonder if his at ude is partly why he's not getting any time.

Can't believe the Spurs wasted money on somebody that Pop doesn't even plan on playing

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thinking there might be some locker room stuff with Carrol. Looking at the highlights and Demarre is pretty much at the end of the bench, not cheering/clapping for his teammates.

Probably not thrilled with Pop blanking his minutes in favor of other losers on the team, wonder if his at ude is partly why he's not getting any time.

Can't believe the Spurs wasted money on somebody that Pop doesn't even plan on playing
    Carroll was always going to be a bad signing, he’s really washed up

Der Willis der Spurs wird siegen! FlAVaK's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, highlight video embedded in the article has the notification "not available"...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, highlight video embedded in the article has the notification "not available"...

Videos are working for me. If you're not in the US, maybe they are blocked in your country. Don't know.

Are they working for everyone else?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Videos are working for me. If you're not in the US, maybe they are blocked in your country. Don't know.

Yep working

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Working for me from Canada

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Outside of US and the video works for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Working for me from Canada
    Outside of US and the video works for me.
    Thanks for the info

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Demar looks like he doesn't give a and even when he's making big plays still doesn't look like he gives two s..

Why is Mills out there to defensively close a game???

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    works for me

that guy just needs to get with the program and move to the US

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They work for me and I'm in Ukraine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They work for me and I'm in Ukraine.
    You weren't asked to investigate for something in return, were you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You weren't asked to investigate for something in return, were you?

That's between me and the President, friend.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    -Its early, but Marco really shouldn't be playing over Carroll that's just silly tbh.

-I'm still really skeptical of Lyles. He shows flashes but if he isn't even taking 3's why is he really out there? Rebounding and passing is all well and good but if he can't fill the role that is needed from him on offense then it doesn't seem viable long term.

- Murray looked like a ing stud on offense, really aggressive on D- almost to a fault. He did leave Isiah Thomas open to contest at the rim on the final play but that worked out. He also had a great help block on a Beal post up. He's still a little jumpy on that end but it gets results.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We almost lost to Washington. That's all the grades in just 5 words.

I think the excitement for Murray is kind of obfuscating how bad the team is playing. Defense is extremely porous, and offense is relying too much on penetrations without kicking the ball out for a corner 3, and not much more than back to the basket ISO.

At least Forbes shoots some threes. But there is zero ball movement. Clearly Beli and Mills do not enter Pop rotation plans, which makes me think we'll never see ball movement with this team, instead the plan seem to be more running after a defensive rebound (I like it) or find a back to the basket mid-range decent shot (and lose games)

Hope something in the offensive flow and movement will improve or we'll end up watching LW jumping all around while basically playing for the opposing team.

Why was Murray out the last 5 minutes?

DDR even more annoying than last season, I thought it was impossible but he managed to surprise me.

BTW Hachimura is a of a rookie. And Bertans -you threes were painful to watch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's early in the season and you take your wins. Plenty of teams can lose games to bad teams early in the season, see Clippers and Bucks today. We are getting leads early, losing them, then pulling out wins down the stretch. You take that and work on that middle part.

Carroll not playing is odd. Lyles looking good in the starting 5. We are playing our first quarter fairly well. Second unit is a bit hit and miss. That's on White. DD has had two excellent 4th quarters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills and Marco together are so wrong, and being so obvious makes the whole situation even more annoying.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lyles is giving me PF Roger Mason vibes, without the first year crunch-time shots. Fringe who somehow falls into starts and rotation minutes on the Spurs but will be back to a fringe NBA player like he merits after he moves on.

Even if keeping Murray and White separate was defensible, it would only make sense by maxing them out the full 48 combined minutes in compe ive games. Squeezing in time where it's the Patty Mills Show is unpleasant to watch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Timvp, somehow you forgot about Davis Bertans' grade.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Feels like Pop is experimenting with Lyles. If Lyles flops then he’ll turn to DC

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the main issue of this team right now are Pop's rotations. The Mills/Forbes back court has a -50.3 net rating for example
    Last edited by RC_Drunkford; 10-27-2019 at 08:21 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lyles is giving me PF Roger Mason vibes, without the first year crunch-time shots. Fringe who somehow falls into starts and rotation minutes on the Spurs but will be back to a fringe NBA player like he merits after he moves on.

Even if keeping Murray and White separate was defensible, it would only make sense by maxing them out the full 48 combined minutes in compe ive games. Squeezing in time where it's the Patty Mills Show is unpleasant to watch.
    Let's compare Roger Mason with Trey Lyles.

Both have below average athleticism.

But Roger Mason was undersized for his position. Lyles is above average in size for a 4 in today's NBA.

Roger Mason had below average handles for his position. Lyles has above average handles for a 4 in today's NBA.

The reason we see Lyles on the court he his like the NFL wide receiver that knows his routes as to compared to one who doesn't (maybe that's Carroll).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the main issue of this team right now are Pop's rotations. The Mills/Forbes back court has a -50.3 net rating for example
    Reporter: Pop, Dame and CJ went a combined 25/30 for 75 points. What did you see from your backcourt to try and put a stop to their hot hand?

I thought Patty and Bryn did a tremendous job tonight. They really competed on defense. And hey, Dame and CJ are great players and they just made shots. It’s what great players do.

Thread Information