My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The Golden State Warriors have used sustained health to remain the best team in the Western Conference with just 26 games lost to injury in the first half of the season. The total is particularly remarkably considering half of their games were automatically assumed when the team opted to draft Damian Jones, despite the fact that he tore a pectoral muscle during a pre-draft workout. Golden State previously employed a similar strategy when they drafted forward Kevon Looney in spite of his chronically problematic hips. The associated risk with these decisions is minimal for a top heavy team like the Warriors as the games lost does little to hurt the on-court product or bottom dollar, evident in the team’s top rank in dollars lost and minutes lost.
    As TD 21 call them, can "those pricks" get any luckier? How are you going to compete when a team, on top of stacking the deck talent-wise, has proved to be most bullet-proof when it comes to health?

literally their top 5-6 players haven't even scratched a nail..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Warriors are freakishly lucky when it comes to injuries. They shoot so many jump shots and don't tend to mix it up, but the last two years have been remarkable. But then Curry did get some what hurt in the playoffs last year, although they won against the Cavs the great before without Irving and Love.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Their style of play allows for safer contact...curry got injured only because of a bum sweat..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You forgot to add arrogant before pricks.

I have no confidence that it's coming, but they should be due for a '13-'15 Thunder type run of ill timed, significant injuries. It's easy to forget now, but before that, they too once had near pristine health.

It's not just their injury luck, it's the equally bad luck of their opposition. Almost every game they play, if not the best opposing player, then a key one(s) are injured.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Warriors are freakishly lucky when it comes to injuries. They shoot so many jump shots and don't tend to mix it up, but the last two years have been remarkable. But then Curry did get some what hurt in the playoffs last year, although they won against the Cavs the great before without Irving and Love.
    You know, they rarely rest players. Their bodies get conditioned for the grind. Phil never tested guys and they hardly ever got injured.

Pop is stupid with his over-resting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know, they rarely rest players. Their bodies get conditioned for the grind. Phil never tested guys and they hardly ever got injured.

Pop is stupid with his over-resting.
    Yeah, overresting broke Pau's hand.

No, resting extended Duncan's career by maybe four seasons, maybe more. Same with Gibnobili. The Warriors are just freakishly lucky.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You forgot to add arrogant before pricks.

I have no confidence that it's coming, but they should be due for a '13-'15 Thunder type run of ill timed, significant injuries. It's easy to forget now, but before that, they too once had near pristine health.

It's not just their injury luck, it's the equally bad luck of their opposition. Almost every game they play, if not the best opposing player, then a key one(s) are injured.
    Nah... OKC always played to draw fouls and win games from the free throw line. GSW strictly plays for the best available open jumper. It's not the same.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I'm a Warriors fan I'd feela little on edge like they're due. The closer it gets to the playoffs the more the timing could kill them. The Bucks just lost Parker again too. Injuries suck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, overresting broke Pau's hand.

No, resting extended Duncan's career by maybe four seasons, maybe more. Same with Gibnobili. The Warriors are just freakishly lucky.
    Don't be obtuse on purpose. A broken hand is a broken hand. I said over resting. And I'm not even talking about the old guys. I'm talking about the guys in their 20s

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HGH, steroids and stem cells

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HGH, steroids and stem cells
    Lebron's alternate lyrics to "My Favorite Things"?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lmao!! Something is definitely going on with all these guys that play massive minutes but yet never get injured and never get tired.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah... OKC always played to draw fouls and win games from the free throw line. GSW strictly plays for the best available open jumper. It's not the same.
    That's a good point.
    But they have been lucky in the injury department regardless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't be obtuse on purpose. A broken hand is a broken hand. I said over resting. And I'm not even talking about the old guys. I'm talking about the guys in their 20s
    I'm not being obtuse on purpose, I'm directly and fully disagreeing with you. I think you're wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a good point.
    But they have been lucky in the injury department regardless.
    Again, they're a jump shooting team that plays zone defense.

The guy who does most of the set-up work and spends a lot of time in the paint on offense is Draymond Green and he's less likely than the rest to get injured because he's a bigger, tougher body. Not that it's impossible for them to get injured but it's less likely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, they're a jump shooting team that plays zone defense.

The guy who does most of the set-up work and spends a lot of time in the paint on offense is Draymond Green and he's less likely than the rest to get injured because he's a bigger, tougher body. Not that it's impossible for them to get injured but it's less likely.
    Which is kind of the, no, not kind of, but the sole reason I said "Good point".
    Pretty crazy when you decide to acknowledge the intellectual point of a post, right?
    No... don't answer. You just stay being you, UNT.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which is kind of the, no, not kind of, but the sole reason I said "Good point".
    Pretty crazy when you decide to acknowledge the intellectual point of a post, right?
    No... don't answer. You just stay being you, UNT.
    Like.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not being obtuse on purpose, I'm directly and fully disagreeing with you. I think you're wrong.
    So you think Pau sitting out with a broken hand is what I meant by over resting players? Really?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge was on a roll for that stretch a while back and what does Pope do? Rested him, then he lost his rhythm. KL goes on that 7 game or whatever streak and pop rests him. After, KL has some up and down games. Last year against the thunder it looked liked Aldridge and KL got gassed playing more minutes than they were used to. Did rest help tim and manu when they got older? Yes, but not when you are in your earlier 30'so and younger.

Dad killer, Karl pedio, LeBron, beta, chimp, and kirbs all those guys played lots of minutes and never missed games. If a guy has history of being injured like manu then yes of course you cut their minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warriors are due....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Warriors have played their 4 best players ( Curry, Durant, Green, Thompson ) together in 47 games with an average of 18.6 minutes per game. Compared to them the Spurs have played their best 4 players ( Kawhi, LMA, Gasol, Green ) together in only 26 games with an average of 16.2 minutes. (You could make a case for a different best 4-man line-up but the numbers would be very similar)

This means that the Warriors have been with their best line-up on the court for 450 minutes minutes more than the Spurs have in half a season, despite of all of their blowout wins.

Basically, there's no way the Spurs are catching them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Warriors have played their 4 best players ( Curry, Durant, Green, Thompson ) together in 47 games with an average of 18.6 minutes per game. Compared to them the Spurs have played their best 4 players ( Kawhi, LMA, Gasol, Green ) together in only 26 games with an average of 16.2 minutes. (You could make a case for a different best 4-man line-up but the numbers would be very similar)

This means that the Warriors have been with their best line-up on the court for 450 minutes minutes more than the Spurs have in half a season, despite of all of their blowout wins.

Basically, there's no way the Spurs are catching them.
    Of course not.

Vote for Pedro

-

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course not.

- Vote for Pedro, it's tradition.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never seen a team on top of being historically good have this disgusting run of luck with opposition health..Even when those pricks suffer an injury setback; it is never of season-ender variety..

Round 1: Nurkic Out..

Round 2: Gobert not 100%, Hill out 3 games

WCF: Parker out, Leonard playing on sore knee/ankle or a completely gassed Houston team without Nene..

Thread Information