Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right wing idiots have no idea what defunding the police means.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    WTF? Their pay isn't going to change. Where do you get this info, it means they won't have military like weapons and they won't have to handle every single situation that comes up because other programs will start to be funded that can cover some of what they do right now. They'll be able to get more places because they aren't trying to get a cat out of a tree or whatever.

"Defunding police means defunding police"

~Liberal hero and think tank, AOC

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Recent mobs of BLM pukes ganging up on innocent folks proves more than ever that police aren't enough. You need home protection....or MORE police. Take your pick.

right wingers: "we love our guns! we need them to protect ourselves! we dont call the police we shoot first! MAGA! GUNSSZZZ!!!"

also right wingers "we need the police to protect us when black people are in our neighborhood"

ing pansy ass gots you and your ass police force

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So next school shooting you want the cops to run in with batons.
    Perhaps kids shouldn't be accessing military-style weapons? Just a thought.

Also, nowhere did I say there couldn't be armed portions or units. That would be a far cry from what we see nowadays where every damn cop is rolling out with the latest and greatest military bling like they're patrolling Mogadishu or some .

The average beat cop though should be unarmed, building relationships. Like they do in much of the world. Think that sounds ridiculous? Maybe we have a gun problem?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From a public relations standpoint, Defund is a poor choice of words. I think what most people mean is Reevaluate or Reassess the Police. The Right and the Left will wind up arguing endlessly about the semantics of this phrase, rather than actually doing anything to improve policing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From a public relations standpoint, Defund is a poor choice of words. I think what most people mean is Reevaluate or Reassess the Police. The Right and the Left will wind up arguing endlessly about the semantics of this phrase, rather than actually doing anything to improve policing.
    Well that's precisely what it means. Too bad the education level of most ppl prevents them from seeking more information on things that sound odd at first rather than just accepting it outright. But alas, I suppose the marketing on it could be better.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Also, nowhere did I say there couldn't be armed portions or units. That would be a far cry from what we see nowadays where every damn cop is rolling out with the latest and greatest military bling like they're patrolling Mogadishu or some .

The average beat cop though should be unarmed, building relationships. Like they do in much of the world. Think that sounds ridiculous? Maybe we have a gun problem?
    LMAO

Yes, I'm sure the muggers, killers and rapists will lay down their arms and by influenced by all the talking the unarmed cops will be doing

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Yes it's an OPINION you dumb ass, that is what we are talking about. Are you really that dumb you can't ing understand that

It's the opinion of a community organizer who is activity working on abolishing the police not some dumb ass poster on Spurstalk worried about police tanks.
    lol cry more got. one person saying that in an opinion piece doesnt mean that literally everyone, or even the majority, of people who are for defunding the police want them completely abolished. go back to playing with your little while tyrone s your wife cus being a cuck is clearly your calling

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Recent mobs of BLM pukes ganging up on innocent folks proves more than ever that police aren't enough. You need home protection....or MORE police. Take your pick.
    lol another cuck whiteboy afraid of black people

they're ganging up on us.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol cry more got. one person saying that in an opinion piece doesnt mean that literally everyone, or even the majority, of people who are for defunding the police want them completely abolished. go back to playing with your little while tyrone s your wife cus being a cuck is clearly your calling
    Only that is crying about it being an opinion is you.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    lol another cuck whiteboy afraid of black people

they're ganging up on us.
    What are you like 12?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are you like 12?
    Nah he is one of those sick freaks who project their sexual fantasy's on internet forums.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Defund the Spurs Front Office.

With the contracts they’ve given out the past 3 years, they obviously had to much money to waste in their budget.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMAO

Yes, I'm sure the muggers, killers and rapists will lay down their arms and by influenced by all the talking the unarmed cops will be doing
    It only sounds ridiculous because the US has a sociopathic relationship with guns and individualism. We could be more like other places if we wanted to where your response would be laughable. Laws could change. Etc.

But I'm also not naive. I know it's not happening. Not in 'Murikkka.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a distorted view. It means changing the way and manner in which citizens interact with their law enforcement so that it's not immediately adversarial in nature. It means community policing. It means decriminalization of some or all drugs. It means the demilitarization of the police. It means disarming the police. It means turning police into eyes more than clubs, much like the way policing is done in much of the world.

A couple of cops walking the streets with whistles and batons.

It means a lot more than what you said.
    well, you made a fuller disclosure of the code word "reimagine" than I did because I didn't want to go as far as you did. Thanks, for making my viewpoint on police clearer. I have had more interaction than many with police. People who have a lot of interaction are probably in the wrong in the first place. I don't believe police go looking for trouble in most instances.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Defund does not mean abolish or get rid of. Some of yall are a dumb. It means stop giving them tanks and armored vehicles and military tac gear
    Lying left wing asshole alert!

Let's take a look a what Defund means, where they are trying to do it:

https://nypost.com/2020/06/26/minnea...-police-force/

"The Minneapolis City Council on Friday unanimously approved a measure to abolish the city’s police department — a radical proposal amid nationwide efforts by activists to defund local law enforcement agencies."

I will note, that thus far this has been thwarted by the city charter (which specifies a police department and a minimum size), so they are now trying to achieve their goal with a ballot measure - at least the citizens of Minneapolis will get a vote... But no mistake, despite all the leftwing assholes trying to lie about it, so it won't kill them in this election, defund means get rid of.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pop might not be a good coach anymore, but he still brings the goods off the court

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    disarm the police tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Police do need to be defunded. End qualified immunity. Stop the predation of civil asset forfeiture. If they lose lawsuits, they need to pay for their crimes themselves, instead of taking from taxpayers.

Biggest criminal gang in the United States is the police. They cannot be above the law.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The problem is we have a Drug problem in this country which has caused most if not all the problems we are dealing with right now. We have had the War on Drugs since I was a kid and we have been loosing the War ever since we started and the stuff keeps getting more addicting and more lethal every year

If we didn't have such a Drug problem that would work but when a Crack head want's his high he will stab/shoot/beat you for a dollar that ain't no joke - No way would want to be a Cop even if I had a gun but if you said no Guns you would have no Cops

But I agree Police need to tone down the Military newest equipment thing - there is a time and place for that but not every day and not every officer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some right wing, hardcore conservative person with $$$$ please get me tickets behind Pop and I WILL HECKLE MY ASS OFF OVER LIKE THIS!

I would most certainly do it.

On another note... how the do we still support this idiot? The crap he is spewing isn't helping anything or any side!

Please get me tickets (x2) and I will go to town heckling!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty sure if you get out of line they will show you the door.
    Spurs do not tolerate going after pop. booing is frowned upon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty sure if you get out of line they will show you the door.
    Spurs do not tolerate going after pop. booing is frowned upon.
    Sounds like a dictatorship tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem is we have a Drug problem in this country which has caused most if not all the problems we are dealing with right now. We have had the War on Drugs since I was a kid and we have been loosing the War ever since we started and the stuff keeps getting more addicting and more lethal every year

If we didn't have such a Drug problem that would work but when a Crack head want's his high he will stab/shoot/beat you for a dollar that ain't no joke - No way would want to be a Cop even if I had a gun but if you said no Guns you would have no Cops

But I agree Police need to tone down the Military newest equipment thing - there is a time and place for that but not every day and not every officer
    The War on Drugs was never meant to be won. It was meant to subjugate hippies and black people for smoking marijuana and let off rich white assholes for doing cocaine. It was meant to fill prisons and supply the prison-industrial complex with a load of money. We have by far the largest incarcerated population in the world, by an incredible amount, because cops and judges just jam any black person they can into jail. Most of the time it's for nonviolent offenses like drug possession.

Welcome to America. Freedom.

Thread Information