Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone on the warriors will fake a "someone put their foot under me" fall then blow up and act like he wants to fight just to make it look like the Spurs tried to retaliate so the media can say now they're even.
    No they won't, stupid.

Veteran
    My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In before some pessimist posts the "Mr. T. 'Pain'" clip from Rocky III

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope one of Warriors starters goes down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Former Spur Bruce Bowen was seen at training today working with Danny Green via @ESPNNBA

curry rip !

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It still comes down to rebounding. The team looked deflated after seeing Kawhi in agony and they played like it. These Spurs have to be feeling a sense of anger at the Warriors and they will come out and ride the out of LMA. If LMA scores more than thirty and Patty/Danny should 40% from three at a decent volume the Spurs can compete. These Spurs relish being an under dog.

All that is contingent on Kawhi coming back for game 3. If he's out for the series they'll struggle to get up to compete because it's far easier for the team to hold the fort for 1 game mentally.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree that its not a very good shot, but its the best shot. If you hurry Kawhi back for game 3 and he's far from full speed you'll lose. And, if he injures it a third time, (or really a fifth time as both Houston Game 5 and Dubs Game 1 had two separate twists of the ankle) you're gonna have to shut him down for the season. And then its really over.

The long lay off until Game 3 is our one chance of KL getting passably healthy. If we get blown out in Game 2, Dubs may relax a bit and we can get Game 3, then Game 4 becomes the key. Long shot, but so is rushing Kawhi back, and at least this option is less likely to risk his career. Grant Hill gutted it through on a bad ankle, messed it up so bad he had to have surgery, and went from a top 5 player at the time to a marginal scrub for the rest of his career.
    Yeah, you could be right, it might be our best chance to get back in this. I guess we need to see where Kawhi is at tomorrow. If he can't go, then it might be best to sit him and not put him in harm's way.

As for Grant Hill, I'm pretty sure his ankle was broken and they told him not to play, but he did anyway. They were also down in the series and didn't have a shot at winning it so I don't know why he continued to play. I was following the NBA back when Grant did it as he was one of my favourite players not on the Spurs. Maybe I'm remembering wrong, so someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I'm sure his ankle was broken, or maybe they didn't know how badly it was injured and gave him the wrong information. I'd really like someone that followed the NBA back then to fill me in on what happened. Either way, Grant shouldn't have played on it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    more illegal screens

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll be disappointed if we don't put feet underneath Curry threes ALL THE ING TIME until he rolls his ankle a couple of times.

Need to make them pay badly.

Even if Spurs can't win now, cost them the final.

It has to be done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I expect Kawhi to be done for the season tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warriors probably win by double digits after the (shorthanded?) Spurs put up a valiant effort for 3 quarters.

They'll be more prepared for battle if they know Kawhi isn't playing, but the Warriors offensive weapons will be too much to overcome. I doubt Klay Thompson is a non-factor, again

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone on the warriors will fake a "someone put their foot under me" fall then blow up and act like he wants to fight just to make it look like the Spurs tried to retaliate so the media can say now they're even.
    If that's the case, maybe someone should put a foot under Curry and go for those weak ankles. Eye for an eye and they'd have no reason to gripe (I'd never be a proponent of injuring someone in a clean situation). Or set moving Zaza screens and get his injured right arm caught. Make it easier for Lebron to win his le.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll be disappointed if we don't put feet underneath Curry threes ALL THE ING TIME until he rolls his ankle a couple of times.

Need to make them pay badly.

Even if Spurs can't win now, cost them the final.

It has to be done.
    Won't happen.. That's the Spurs way. They're too classy for that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whatever happens, I don't expect Pop to sacrifice KL's future for this series. I hope he doesn't. I don't want to watch half a season of NBA with fathead and Simmons getting major minutes, but wouldn't mind seeing Murray getting major burn.

Chillin' like a villain... TampaDude's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warriors will win Game 2 by 30-40 points.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Somebody take out Curry....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Early big lead by Dubs. Some Turnobili sightings. Some Patty bricks. Simmons plays better. DJ shows some flashes of great potential. Spurs rally and cut it to about 7 in the 4th quarter but can't sustain the effort and lose by 18. Twiddle dee goes through about 6 mouthpieces.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems Bertans could've helped yesterday spread the floor and he can take them off the dribble. Also and good rebounder hopefully he play game 2. But seriously why not try to hurt curry and his pussy ankles? They did it to us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Without Kawhi, it's going to be really ing tough, but there's still a chance. I don't see the Spurs melting down again like they did in Game 1.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are playin with HOUSE money, they are not expected to win... They just need to make it compe ive, and keep it close to give themselves a shot. I have no doubt they can get a lead against Warriors again, its keeping it, which will show there character. I am a spurs fan for sure, but a realist. With 6 days off for rest for KL Ankle and the home crowd behind them.. They should be able to tie up the series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want to see our guys setting hard, illegal screens and running underneath their jump shooters all game. them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warriors will win Game 2 by 30-40 points.
    fine with that as long as we punish them, and if they happen to get an injury, even better.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Game 2 will be way harder to beat than the chicken stage tbh

Thread Information