Page 26 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It isn’t Victor’s frame that correlates with his ability to stay healthy, it’s his height. Players over 7’2 have hardly stayed injury free. Like ever.
    We have never seen a guy like Wembanyama, like ever... who could do step back 3s, fadeway turnaround jumpers, one leg 3s, and handle the ball like a PG with so much grace or fluidity at 7'4...

So any comparison with former big stiffs is pointless reagarding his size... the kid has visibly a special, different body... And like Giannis said, 30 years from now that'll be your random NBA player.
    Last edited by JPB; 11-19-2022 at 10:35 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing that worries me about Scoot is that he’s an American who came up thru the AAU system, and will likely bolt for a big market at the first oppo. What good is it if his hypothetical longer career is spent somewhere else?
    That's always a concern though, no matter the culture if we were being honest. The spurs seem to be trending the right direction in that regards with putting the youth first finally. I think Scoot has the ability to have a Morant type atmosphere to his following. Most of the time, it isn't the star that wants to leave SA when they get here. The Kawhi thing was a pretty special cir stance that has spread to the bigger markets he went to as we all know, and the front office handled it very poorly. I believe they've learned from it to a point and revenue is a key factor in the path of a program. I'm sure they're missing that winning program revenue.

Money has a way of changing things and scoot has money written all over him. I'd be less worried about that at this point but nothing is certain. Just Like wembys health.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    30 points, 9 rebounds and 5 blocks for him this evening in French Championship.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade poodles now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he looks so unreal its crazy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s frustrating that to get the guy its going to take pure dumb luck.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And hopefully Silver and ESPN stay out of the draft process wink wink

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No matter how hard we tank, we’ll never be as bad as Houston, Detroit, or Charlotte tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No matter how hard we tank, we’ll never be as bad as Houston, Detroit, or Charlotte tbh.
    without an injury or jakob trade- you are right

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only Houston is clearly worse

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still think Hornets will pick things up. Ball has been out and I think he was set for a break out year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So a miserable season for 14% chance to get him.

Say, cut that in half to 7% he becomes an All Star or better player.

Cut that in half again to 3.5% he'll stay with the team or lead us to a chip.

Um. Yay?

Not into tanking....sorry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still think Hornets will pick things up. Ball has been out and I think he was set for a break out year.
    He doesn’t have much help. Getting rid of Bridges was a huge loss for them. Bad timing for us tbh.

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been saying Wemby will be injury prone when he starts getting bumped around in the NBA with that height and frame.

Also wonder what position he’ll play. 7’4” PG?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are getting blown 20plus by 3rd worst record. Yup Spurs will get there

Funny thing is we’re getting the loses that posters cried for years, but they don’t want them embarrassed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't really matter right? Don't the bottom 4 teams all have the same odds for the #1 pick regardless of record.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been saying Wemby will be injury prone when he starts getting bumped around in the NBA with that height and frame.

Also wonder what position he’ll play. 7’4” PG?
    It has been said many times that he’s working on his body this season, bulking it. So he’s doing everything he can to be strong enough. But all in all if he get injured that can also happen to anyone, it’s not just about frame, but a lot about luck.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With super tall guys I think foot problems are the most concerning. But typically super tall guys are also very heavy, and being skinny usually helps so…hard to say for me.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not worried about injury with Wembanyama more than I would be with any other big. I could see him playing the PF next to Jak for a year or two while he develops physically. There's really no debate for whoever gets #1.... after 1 there's plenty to debate..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So a miserable season for 14% chance to get him.

Say, cut that in half to 7% he becomes an All Star or better player.

Cut that in half again to 3.5% he'll stay with the team or lead us to a chip.

Um. Yay?

Not into tanking....sorry.
    Wemby is going to break the league. He’s going to be a NBA sea change along the lines of Curry. The best analogy I’ve seen is the love child of KG and Giannis. 14% chance of our 3rd HOF big man, and multiple chips. He’s the real deal. Multiple outlets say he’s a better draft prospect than LeBron was in 2003. I’m never team tank…except this year.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby is going to break the league. He’s going to be a NBA sea change along the lines of Curry. The best analogy I’ve seen is the love child of KG and Giannis. 14% chance of our 3rd HOF big man, and multiple chips. He’s the real deal. Multiple outlets say he’s a better draft prospect than LeBron was in 2003. I’m never team tank…except this year.
    Yeah, as others said, the only concern is if he can stay healthy.
    If he does, guaranteed parennial all-star at the very least.

I'm also usually against tanking, two best players in the league were 15th pick and a second rounder, respectively, but it's not like we had any choice this season.

Hope to get lucky, draft best player available in any case and start using some of the cap space we have next summer. Noone expects a contending roster overnight, but tanking for many years just builds losing culture which is really hard to shake off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude is a 7'4 durant for fck sakes

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, as others said, the only concern is if he can stay healthy.
    If he does, guaranteed parennial all-star at the very least.

I'm also usually against tanking, two best players in the league were 15th pick and a second rounder, respectively, but it's not like we had any choice this season.

Hope to get lucky, draft best player available in any case and start using some of the cap space we have next summer. Noone expects a contending roster overnight, but tanking for many years just builds losing culture which is really hard to shake off.
    Who is the other player you're saying is the best picked at number 15? I'm guessing Giannis, Jokic are two of the three you're referring to. I'd normally say Kawhi, but he hasn't proven he's back yet.

Also, I don't really believe in tanking as I don't believe the Spurs intentionally tanked in '96/'97 season. They were decimated by injury that season and tried as hard as they could with the players they had. I thought this team started the year playing hard nosed basketball, but after these past couple of weeks, that '96-'97 team played a lot harder IMO (especially on defense). I also don't remember consistently huge blowouts either (I might be wrong as I was really young, so someone will have to refresh my memory on that). Having said that, maybe the rules being different (heavily favouring offense) contributes more to the blowouts these days as the '96/'97 team was allowed to play tougher defense, so maybe I shouldn't be too hard on the current team's defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't really matter right? Don't the bottom 4 teams all have the same odds for the #1 pick regardless of record.
    Yup. We only need to finish bottom 4.

Thread Information