College
    UCLA Bruins
    reviews so far are top tier

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals
    Damn. Didn’t realize episode 1 was already out. Will have to give it a watch at some point this week

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Damn. Didn’t realize episode 1 was already out. Will have to give it a watch at some point this week
    It premieres on the 15th, Sunday night. Reviews have been dropping this week though.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Festivus for the Last of Us

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    popular/funny gaming channel

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's out. Impressive reviews for the first episode.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals
    Episode 1 was pretty dope. Got me excited. Anyone know if every episode gonna be 1.5 hours? Or was they just because this was the premiere?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Episode 1 was pretty dope. Got me excited. Anyone know if every episode gonna be 1.5 hours? Or was they just because this was the premiere?
    Just the premiere.

The episode was great, but there were a few changes that have me worried. Joel and Tess are snuggling drugs instead of guns, it didn't show them torture and kill Robert, and they were planning on going to Tommy's even before meeting Ellie. These all seem like minor things, but I'm worried that they are going to downplay just how bad of a person Joel had become during the 20 year gap.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    As someone who knows nothing about the video game, is this worth checking out?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    As someone who knows nothing about the video game, is this worth checking out?
    Yeah of course. It shares a lot of similarities with other post-apocalyptic stories. But the game itself was very cinematic and character-driven. It'll translate very well with reduced action. It didn't receive an assload of perfect scores for it's gameplay. It's the characters/story that drew people in.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Yeah of course. It shares a lot of similarities with other post-apocalyptic stories. But the game itself was very cinematic and character-driven. It'll translate very well with reduced action. It didn't receive an assload of perfect scores for it's gameplay. It's the characters/story that drew people in.
    Cool, thanks!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Just the premiere.

The episode was great, but there were a few changes that have me worried. Joel and Tess are snuggling drugs instead of guns, it didn't show them torture and kill Robert, and they were planning on going to Tommy's even before meeting Ellie. These all seem like minor things, but I'm worried that they are going to downplay just how bad of a person Joel had become during the 20 year gap.
    i think well before release they said they were going to tone down the violence/gore from the game. which makes sense. i imagine the god of war show will also tone down the violence quite a bit from the gameplay else it just becomes repe ive exhausting over a full season worth of content.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i think well before release they said they were going to tone down the violence/gore from the game. which makes sense. i imagine the god of war show will also tone down the violence quite a bit from the gameplay else it just becomes repe ive exhausting over a full season worth of content.
    Yeah I get that. I just felt like that particular scene kind of showed what type of people Joel and Tess are. Though I suppose having Joel pummel that Fedra soldier to death did the same thing. I just hope they keep his "I've been on both sides" conversation with Ellie, and his fight with Tommy about how they had to survive in the 20 year gap. I always liked that Joel did some ed up over the years.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah I get that. I just felt like that particular scene kind of showed what type of people Joel and Tess are. Though I suppose having Joel pummel that Fedra soldier to death did the same thing. I just hope they keep his "I've been on both sides" conversation with Ellie, and his fight with Tommy about how they had to survive in the 20 year gap. I always liked that Joel did some ed up over the years.
    Hope they keep this scene in it too:

"That's alright. I believe him"

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Good first episode tbh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Casting choices all looked good in the premiere

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    That was pretty good. Barely recognized Anna Torv

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    one thing i actually didnt like is when Joel attacked that FEDRA officer, he got the flashback to sarah getting shot. way too early to go there with Ellie. he doesnt really give a about her yet

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    one thing i actually didnt like is when Joel attacked that FEDRA officer, he got the flashback to sarah getting shot. way too early to go there with Ellie. he doesnt really give a about her yet
    I know what Craig Mazin said during the inside the episode thing... but I didn't see that as having much to do with Ellie in particular when I was watching the episode. It could have been anyone he was there with. Joel just had a severe PTSD attack because he was in a similar situation and snapped.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I know what Craig Mazin said during the inside the episode thing... but I didn't see that as having much to do with Ellie in particular when I was watching the episode. It could have been anyone he was there with. Joel just had a severe PTSD attack because he was in a similar situation and snapped.
    that could track. more him being angry at a soldier than protective over the girl.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    nm
    Last edited by baseline bum; 01-22-2023 at 03:28 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    kng love Pedro, but this show is not for him.... they not using him correctly

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    God damn, now makes me want to buy the remake of Part 1. Excellent first episode.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Arizona State Sun Devils
    Was pleased myself tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Finally got around to watching the premiere, pretty good stuff.

Thread Information