Page 145 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,625 of 3730
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    "We've decided to break the law because guys feelings are hurt over this."

?[/url]
    Limiting the number of times cops have to pull over drivers for inessential reasons actually protects cops by reducing the number of potentially violent interactions and accidents. Police departments should be lobbying for this, not ing about it.

This kind of thing only hurts your "morale" if you took the job to be a , which is probably half of law enforcement or more.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Limiting the number of times cops have to pull over drivers for inessential reasons actually protects cops by reducing the number of potentially violent interactions and accidents. Police departments should be lobbying for this, not ing about it.

This kind of thing only hurts your "morale" if you took the job to be a , which is probably half of law enforcement or more.
    Wouldn't it be great if that's how departments worked? Instead they believe in the sales principle, you sell zero percent of the contacts you don't make.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Better yet, remove police from traffic enforcement entirely. Safer for them, safer for us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "an armed force for protection and participation"

Nile was among nearly 200 people who have been cleared of charges tied to former Sgt. Ronald Watts and his Chicago Police Department team. It's the largest series of exonerations in the city’s history, said Joshua Tepfer, a lawyer with the University of Chicago Law School’s Exoneration Project, which has represented most of the victims.

For almost a decade, Watts and his team preyed on innocent people at the Ida B. Wells Homes public housing project, where they extorted money and planted drugs and guns, knowing their victims – largely Black and low-income residents – wouldn't be believed, said Cook County State's Attorney Kim Foxx.
    https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/ne...s/10470598002/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Law enforcement is systematically corrupt along with the right wing judiciary

America is ed and un able

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “I am not sure what cir stances the patient was held in incarceration but it is difficult to understand a rectal temperature of 72° F 22° centigrade while someone is incarcerated in jail,” the doctor’s notes said, according the federal lawsuit. “The cause of his hypothermia is not clear. It is possible he had an underlying medical condition resulting in hypothermia. I do not know if he could have been exposed to a cold environment. I do believe that hypothermia was the ultimate cause of his death.”

In addition to their initial written statement, the Jan. 13 post by the Walker County Sheriff’s Office included an unedited, full-body photo of Mitc , whose face appeared to be spray-painted black
    https://www.cbs42.com/regional/after...-jail-freezer/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only with the release of an internal surveillance video recorded by a correctional officer did what happened to Mitc begin to come to light, according to Jon Goldfarb, a lawyer representing Mitc ’s family. That correctional officer was later fired by the sheriff’s department, according to the lawyer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prisoner freezes to death in jail

So jailer loses his job

the Confederacy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “They were not police, they were criminals, committing a crime.”
    https://therealnews.com/death-of-una...t-with-autopsy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    culture of lawlessness and thuggish brutality

Rankin County sheriff’s deputies “tortured” and subjected two Black men to “waterboarding techniques,” before shooting one of them in the mouth while he was in handcuffs, attorneys for the men alleged in a notice of claims they delivered to authorities Wednesday.

The do ent alleged that “six white sheriff’s deputies” raided a private residence where Michael Jenkins, 32, and Eddie Terrell Parker, 35, stayed at 135 Conerly Road in Braxton, Miss., “without warning or warrant” in what the Rankin County sheriff later called a narcotics investigation.

The FBI and the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation are investigating the incident. The Rankin County Sheriff’s office did not reply to the Mississippi Free Press’ request for comments following calls on Tuesday and Wednesday. WLBT published a report Wednesday night, which included a statement from the sheriff.

“Multiple suspects were taken into custody, and we contacted the Mississippi Bureau of Investigations to investigate the actions of our deputies,” Rankin County Sheriff Bryan Bailey said in the statement. “We are fully cooperating with that ongoing investigation and will continue to do so.
    https://www.mississippifreepress.org...lawyers-allege

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the MBI is a state en y that oversees local police forces then they are better than most states in terms of police accountability.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the MBI is a state en y that oversees local police forces then they are better than most states in terms of police accountability.
    Mississippi is "better than most" at holding police accountable, that's hilarious. Is there a two-drink minimum for that joke?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MBI guy said in an interview today that MBI has so many officer involved shootings, they're challenged to investigate them promptly. Said they'd need more resources to do it right. I'll see if I can dig up the vid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mississippi is "better than most" at holding police accountable, that's hilarious. Is there a two-drink minimum for that joke?

Ins utionally, if they have a state police oversight body to look into city and county police then yes they are much more evolved than the majority of states as opposed to the good ole boy system enjoyed by police across most of the country.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MBI guy said in an interview today that MBI has so many officer involved shootings, they're challenged to investigate them promptly. Said they'd need more resources to do it right. I'll see if I can dig up the vid.
    http://billstatus.ls.state.ms.us/doc...9/SB2450IN.htm

they were given the mandate a few years ago in 2018. I have little doubt that the MS good ole boy system is pushing back given how entrenched and frankly legendary but independent oversight of police is major progress that should be recognized.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better yet, remove police from traffic enforcement entirely. Safer for them, safer for us.
    Less money for them via tickets, less opportunity to harass people to stop for drug searches so they can seize property and thus less money there too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Less money for them via tickets, less opportunity to harass people to stop for drug searches so they can seize property and thus less money there too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://billstatus.ls.state.ms.us/doc...9/SB2450IN.htm

they were given the mandate a few years ago in 2018. I have little doubt that the MS good ole boy system is pushing back given how entrenched and frankly legendary but independent oversight of police is major progress that should be recognized.
    I'll complement them when MS gives MBI enough resources to investigate police before they can get their stories straight. You do you, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll complement them when MS gives MBI enough resources to investigate police before they can get their stories straight. You do you, though.
    I respect that. When it comes to this issue, I have been calling for independent oversight and elimination of LEOBOR laws. The status quo is nothing near ideal but I see MS trying to improve in some regards where most states like Texas are just the same old .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Judge handcuffs crying 13-year-old girl who was attending her father's hearing

the federal judge overseeing his case decided to teach Puente daughter an impromptu lesson on the dangers of drugs

https://www.rawstory.com/judge-handcuffs-crying-girl/

humiliated, traumatized a 13 year old kid, you, judge

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This sounds like a throwback to your Ron Paul libertarian days. It's an interesting thought but how would it work? Would we get rid of all traffic laws or leave them on the books but not enforce them?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This sounds like a throwback to your Ron Paul libertarian days. It's an interesting thought but how would it work? Would we get rid of all traffic laws or leave them on the books but not enforce them?
    something like this, I would imagine. traffic enforcement needn't be a police function. automated electronic traffic enforcement might also have a role to play.

Build non-police first responder teams whose mission is traffic and road safety,not criminal law enforcement. Remove the authority of police to stop cars for minortraffic violations and end discretionary, non–public safety stops. Cities can replacepolice with unarmed, civilian traffic response units, housed in a city department oftransportation or public works and staffed by experts in transportation and mediation.7Their role would be to respond to traffic collisions and minor violations. Although theywould have the authority to stop cars, they would not be able to use force, and their mission would be traffic safety rather than criminal law enforcement. The City of Berkeley,California, announced in July 2020 that it would create the Berkeley Department ofTransportation (BerkDOT), which will task unarmed civil servants, rather than police, withhandling traffic enforcement and issuing citations.
    https://www.vera.org/downloads/publi...fact-sheet.pdf

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Secret Service, ICE break the law over and over with fake cell tower spying

Investigations 'at risk' from sloppy surveillance uncovered by audit probe

Cell-site simulators (CSS), also known as Stingrays or IMSI Catchers, are devices that serve as decoy cell towers.

The US Secret Service and Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agencies have failed to follow the law and official policy regarding the use of cell-site simulators,

The government insists it will only use this type of kit in line with existing rules and restrictions, but it appears that is not the case.

https://www.theregister.com/2023/03/04/dhs_secret_service_ice_stingray/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why Alex Murdaugh was spared the death penalty

"I don't question at all the decision of the state not to pursue the death penalty," Judge Newman said in a slow and balanced tone.

"But I sit here... and reflect on the fact that

over the past century your family, including you, have been prosecuting people in this courtroom

and many
    (BLACKS!) have received the death penalty,

probably for lesser conduct."

Murdaugh, standing before him, said nothing.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-64843984

Thread Information