Page 27 of 82 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    can't believe the deadline is less than a week away. the rest of the season will feel long if spurs don't make a move.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    can't believe the deadline is less than a week away. the rest of the season will feel long if spurs don't make a move.
    IF?!

Dude, how long have you been a Spurs fan?!

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    IF?!

Dude, how long have you been a Spurs fan?!

i'm trying to speak it into existence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Combo of 2 things: SA is quieter than most and SA likely isn’t that interested in moving DeRozan
    If the later is true, then you might as well blow up the franchise. Just contract the team and divide up the players and send them out to other teams

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whatever you do, don't trade your first rounders regardless of what you think of this draft class unless you have an absurd offer you can't refuse.
    I agree with this. But Don’t think the FO will pick well

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They wont and the irrelevance of the franchise will be sealed for the foreseeable future.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i'd do something like: demar, rudy, trey, jakob, bryn, 2020 1st round pick for barnes, dedmon, bogdanovic, and hield.

SL of: murray / hield / barnes / la / dedmon... to go along with bogdan, white, lonnie, patty. would still need another big but that team could make the POs, easy.

not a big barnes fan but his contract is worth hield and bogdan's contracts.

worse case scenario: spurs go into the offseason with better trade assets than they have now... they could even try moving barnes with patty's expiring contract.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We really blew it losing the 3 games in a row last week. Look at how brutal our next 10 are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which part do you believe isn’t true? Tanking or contention is the way the league is or the Spurs don’t have a player to build around? Both?? Regardless, to blatantly respond with “not true” with so many examples would be unwise. Trust the process lol
    It's not actually true, so I guess the answer would be the the whole part.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with this. But Don’t think the FO will pick well
    Neither do I, but mayble they'll stumble into a good pick again.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    keep waiting to hear real news or rumors ....

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All these trade scenarios here are re ed. People here want to trade the 2 best players on the team for more garbage. This roster is trash, but if you don't get a star or top 5 pick back for DeRozan or Aldridge then you don't trade them and you certainly don't trade them for Drummond, Aaron Gordon or Justice Winslow.

This team has enough youth. What they should do is improve the starting line up by moving the real garbage. That is Rudy Gay, Demarre Carroll, Trey Lyles, Marco Belinelli and Bryn Forbes. There are a few players out there who are not really doing to well on other teams, but would fit way better on the current Spurs team and start right away. That's what they should do. Now if you have to bundle the garbage with one young prospect who comes off the bench to improve the starting line up then you might do it if the return is right. That's what the George Hill trade was. Spurs moved a good bench player for a player who can start at a position of need and had upside.

Like if Atlanta wants Poeltl and you can get Hunter back in a deal that might be worth it depending on who else is included. But I don't see any package out there that improves the team by trading LA or Demar. All these proposals make the team worse while trading one of their 2 best players. Nobody in their right mind would do that. I'd target guys like Bogdanovic, Thad Young, Satoransky, Marvin Williams, Covington and see if it's possible to put a reasonable package together to get one of them.
    You know, I agree with a lot of what you say. But you also have to pay attention to the fact that DDR will probably opt out this season unless the Spurs throw a lot of money at him. And Aldridge is very likely gone the next year, unless the Spurs give him too much money to stay. So saying that the team "has" either one of them is a stretch. You can't build around players who aren't here.

Aldridge will be 35 next season. No matter how much you would like him to stay 30 forever, he won't. Hhe's not a player you can build around for more than a year or two. If the Spurs can get any kind of value for him, they probably should. But I have my doubts that is possible. So you just have to face the idea that he's gone soon. And if that's true, they should be proactive and move on. Because they sure as aren't challenging in the West in that short time span.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not actually true, so I guess the answer would be the the whole part.
    This should be good... so which player are the Spurs suppose to build around?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MoSpur02 no rumors?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which part do you believe isn’t true? Tanking or contention is the way the league is or the Spurs don’t have a player to build around? Both?? Regardless, to blatantly respond with “not true” with so many examples would be unwise. Trust the process lol
    All of it. Tanking isn't a guaranteed contention. There is more to sports than winning it all. Spurs may very well have players to build around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So instead of trading demar derozan and getting say a pick betwen 18 - 25 and a younger player on a cheaper contract, you don't trade him and he doesn't pick up is player option and he leaves and all you get for him is the salary relief of him not picking up his option ?

So next year you would rather have no demar instead of next year having say no demar + a young player + whatever pick you get for trading demar ?
    We don't even know if anyone would offer such picks for DDR but not trading him now doesn't mean you can't use him in the summer in a sign and trade, or use the cap space to absorb a contract and a similar pick in a true rebuilding fashion, should he just walk. So yea, unless it's a no brainer deal there's a good reason to keep him.

I am very confident that if I ask any basketball person if they would rather have aaron gordon and justice winslow or would they rather have demar derozan and lamarcus aldridge, gordon and winslow wins that by a landslide...
    Lots of idiots, why would you ask them? DDR and LMA are way better in every way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'd do something like: demar, rudy, trey, jakob, bryn, 2020 1st round pick for barnes, dedmon, bogdanovic, and hield.

SL of: murray / hield / barnes / la / dedmon... to go along with bogdan, white, lonnie, patty. would still need another big but that team could make the POs, easy.

not a big barnes fan but his contract is worth hield and bogdan's contracts.

worse case scenario: spurs go into the offseason with better trade assets than they have now... they could even try moving barnes with patty's expiring contract.
    9 player trades are exceedingly rare tbh. With all of the money made between those 9 players, no way a deal anywhere near this scale gets done.

Also, the Spurs would be giving up the best player in the deal so why would they give up a first plus Poeltl and have to take back two bad contracts?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We don't even know if anyone would offer such picks for DDR but not trading him now doesn't mean you can't use him in the summer in a sign and trade, or use the cap space to absorb a contract and a similar pick in a true rebuilding fashion, should he just walk. So yea, unless it's a no brainer deal there's a good reason to keep him.

Lots of idiots, why would you ask them? DDR and LMA are way better in every way.
    Agree with one exception. Keeping now DDR in team without PO is loss. It can bring us #12-14 pick only. So imo spurs should decide now right or left. Selling best player now can help with better pick. Selling him in summer is not bad but for sure not best scenario. Left or right dear spurs.

make team better or weaker. For PO push or for better pick. Keeping Status quo in spurs situation is bad idea

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I suspect nothing happens. However it may not be the Spurs fault. They may try, but not get anything done.
    Trading just to trade isn't always a plus

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I suspect nothing happens. However it may not be the Spurs fault. They may try, but not get anything done.
    Trading just to trade isn't always a plus
    i think that spurs wanna too much in return like always

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ok so when keldon become better than bogdanovic or samanic better than lauri call me
    Actually...when porter + barnes + laurie + 3 months of bogdanovic at a reasonable rate become as valuable as LMA + DDR + 2 1sts....call me...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs probably have no reason to trade. If you can’t get 1st round picks, no sense in trading DeMar it LMA or anyone else. You see if the team makes the playoffs. If they do, DeMar probably gets resigned and they run it back again. If not, during the summer they probably let him walk.

But most fans that buy tickets would rather see DeMar play and score 30 on good efficiency than watch young players lose by 40 and turn the ball over and shoot low percentages. Anyone that thinks we have young all stars on our team is kidding themselves. The next great Spur has yet to be drafted.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually...when porter + barnes + laurie + 3 months of bogdanovic at a reasonable rate become as valuable as LMA + DDR + 2 1sts....call me...
    first of all i didnt say 2 1sts, second of all doing this trade u have to be sure that bogdanovic wants to sign with spurs if not thats not worth.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs probably have no reason to trade. If you can’t get 1st round picks, no sense in trading DeMar it LMA or anyone else. You see if the team makes the playoffs. If they do, DeMar probably gets resigned and they run it back again. If not, during the summer they probably let him walk.

But most fans that buy tickets would rather see DeMar play and score 30 on good efficiency than watch young players lose by 40 and turn the ball over and shoot low percentages. Anyone that thinks we have young all stars on our team is kidding themselves. The next great Spur has yet to be drafted.
    letting them go away for nothing is the worst thing spurs can do.
    agree that we dont have any future all star. Thats why its important to use ddr/lma to get young prospect and tank this season to have top pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They will trade a 1st for salary relief to acquire a vet. After the first deal is done the vet will say he does not want to be coached by Pop and the second deal will collapse.

Thread Information