Page 36 of 110 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah nevermind. He went with the Clippers. That blows.

So wait, is Timmy D going to be an assistant again? Because if he leaves, I don't see a good replacement?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah nevermind. He went with the Clippers. That blows.

So wait, is Timmy D going to be an assistant again? Because if he leaves, I don't see a good replacement?
    Ime Udoka still an assistant and Mr. Becky is still around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ime Udoka still an assistant and Mr. Becky is still around.
    Ime is with the Nets...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ime is with the Nets...
    As an assistant coach. Pop ain’t leaving yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As an assistant coach. Pop ain’t leaving yet.
    I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say initially. I wasn't talking about a replacement for Pop. I was talking about a replacement for Tim as our assistant coach. Who will replace Tim as an assistant coach if he isn't one next year?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say initially. I wasn't talking about a replacement for Pop. I was talking about a replacement for Tim as our assistant coach. Who will replace Tim as an assistant coach if he isn't one next year?
    Sorry I misunderstood. Yeah, I don’t think TD is coming back. They might call up their G-league coach. Maybe give TP or Manu a turn.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry I misunderstood. Yeah, I don’t think TD is coming back. They might call up their G-league coach. Maybe give TP or Manu a turn.
    Their Gleague coach is gone. He went to another team already.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Without LMA and DeRozan, Horford could be useful.

He is a willing passer and still an excellent defender.

He would act as a booster to our young core.

Not taking touches away but making them stars.

But, he is kinda old and overpaid.
    And I don't see what's the teams plan with him on the roster.

Compete for the playoffs? Should that be a priority?
    I'd much rather another good pick in the '21 draft and then go for the playoffs...
    Yeah, plus solid range shooter, "good character"/leader and we're really talking about a contract that runs 1.5 years longer than Aldridge's and won't prevent them from doing anything.

I could absolutely see them having interest for all of this plus the draft capital they could extract for taking his albatross on.

The "plan" would be to continue along the same path, only with more assets (he isn't changing their fortunes). They'd need to turn DeRozan into a featured perimeter type though. One possibility would be utilizing the draft capital to attempt to move up to 4-5 for Avdija, another would be . . .

To Clippers: DeRozan
    To Magic: Beverley, Williams
    To Spurs: Fournier, Kabengele

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, paying Horford isn't the problem. I think the Spurs are okay with giving LMA that money on an extension, for example. Homeboy is overpaid as backup in Philly, but he earned a good contract by being a good player for years. The problem would be if SA lets their willingness to pay Horford lead them into a bad deal with Philly. They absolutely should be getting assets from the Sixers for doing the deal. It doesn't have to be the full for the contract as if Al were dead money. Certainly, they can come down on that if they feel Horford is a multi-year starter for them. But talking about this as a straight-up deal for LMA or with SA adding is way off the reservation. Ignoring that Aldridge is better than Horford, they need to leverage cap space for value before they can worry about building a team.

As I've said before, DMDR to LAC, Lou and Beverly to PHL and Horford to SA with the Spurs getting compensation works provided the Spurs find an Aldridge deal. But if they aren't going to have the mentality of a rebuilding team, they should just stay the course with their best players and reevaluate next off-season.
    Well said.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, paying Horford isn't the problem. I think the Spurs are okay with giving LMA that money on an extension, for example. Homeboy is overpaid as backup in Philly, but he earned a good contract by being a good player for years. The problem would be if SA lets their willingness to pay Horford lead them into a bad deal with Philly. They absolutely should be getting assets from the Sixers for doing the deal. It doesn't have to be the full for the contract as if Al were dead money. Certainly, they can come down on that if they feel Horford is a multi-year starter for them. But talking about this as a straight-up deal for LMA or with SA adding is way off the reservation. Ignoring that Aldridge is better than Horford, they need to leverage cap space for value before they can worry about building a team.

As I've said before, DMDR to LAC, Lou and Beverly to PHL and Horford to SA with the Spurs getting compensation works provided the Spurs find an Aldridge deal. But if they aren't going to have the mentality of a rebuilding team, they should just stay the course with their best players and reevaluate next off-season.
    That lac trade is just bad. Your taking two players who play the same position as our promising youth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That lac trade is just bad. Your taking two players who play the same position as our promising youth.
    Huh? Which promising youth plays center?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this Hortford rumor is true then this front office is beyond redemption and we all need to find a new team to cheer for

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Shams Charania
    ShamsCharania
    4m
    The NBA and NBPA are extending today’s deadline to Nov. 6 for either side to serve notice on terminating the collective bargaining agreement, sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium.

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn
    4m
    ESPN Sources: For fourth time, NBA and NBPA agree to extend deadline to serve notice on terminating the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Extension goes to Nov. 6 now, which allows additional time for talks on CBA modifications. Discussions are ongoing this weekend.

Shams Charania
    ShamsCharania
    1m
    If either side provides notice by Nov. 6, the CBA will terminate by December 14 — unless the parties agree otherwise.

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn
    17s
    There's still a gulf between NBA and NBPA on a start date for the 2020-2021 season, sources tell ESPN. NBA wants pre-Christmas; NBPA still preferring mid-January. Economic issues remain significant, including escrow withholding on player salaries w/ revenues down b/c of no fans.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont see why the NBA does not start later aka Jan/Feb and then put a break in for Olympics and come back and play the PO. This would push back next season but gives them more games this year and does not have them rushing back players. In some ways it would take the place of the AS break. or do an all star break during that time of players not int he Olympics. gives more players the ability to play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont see why the NBA does not start later aka Jan/Feb and then put a break in for Olympics and come back and play the PO. This would push back next season but gives them more games this year and does not have them rushing back players. In some ways it would take the place of the AS break. or do an all star break during that time of players not int he Olympics. gives more players the ability to play.
    NBA and it’s tv agreements (ESPN & TNT) want no part of basketball during football season, they need to find a way to get back onto their old schedule. It’s gonna be tough but I think the players are gonna have to agree to the December start, if they tear up the bargaining agreement the players will be screwed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be three distorted seasons. They’re trying both to reset to normal, and not miss the Christmas TV ratings bonanza. That’s big dollars they’re passing up, and will cost the players plenty.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA and it’s tv agreements (ESPN & TNT) want no part of basketball during football season, they need to find a way to get back onto their old schedule. It’s gonna be tough but I think the players are gonna have to agree to the December start, if they tear up the bargaining agreement the players will be screwed
    I don’t know that it’s so much battling football. I buy league pass but not nfl ticket. Yes I’m one person but I won’t pay for one day a week vs every day that nba gives. I do agree players should pick up the December slot. I haven’t missed time through all this. I’ve been at work so people can eat and not go as crazy. My job has about 80% the amount of employees as nba players, but in one location. We deal with the public also. It’s up to them how much they want to get paid. 72 or 50. I won’t look down on any that skip Olympics. But this is their job. Up to them if they want to get paid

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know that it’s so much battling football. I buy league pass but not nfl ticket. Yes I’m one person but I won’t pay for one day a week vs every day that nba gives. I do agree players should pick up the December slot. I haven’t missed time through all this. I’ve been at work so people can eat and not go as crazy. My job has about 80% the amount of employees as nba players, but in one location. We deal with the public also. It’s up to them how much they want to get paid. 72 or 50. I won’t look down on any that skip Olympics. But this is their job. Up to them if they want to get paid
    NFL is three days a week, and when college football ends four: Sunday, Monday, Thursday, and eventually Saturday.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huh? Which promising youth plays center?
    Lou and bev

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe. Again I’m one person. But don’t watch Thursday unless for some reason my team plays. A lot of tv and movies were put on hold. Compe ion is down in general.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NFL is three days a week, and when college football ends four: Sunday, Monday, Thursday, and eventually Saturday.
    Yes, but the NBA allows someone to watch games continuously from 7:00 to 1:00 Eastern on most days of the week during the regular season, usually with multiple games going at once. All NFL days but Sunday usually have only one game.

If what someone wants is constant action and doesn't really care if it's basketball or football, NBA League Pass is a no-brainer choice over NFL Ticket.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A Bengals Dolphins game won’t screw a Lakers bucks game on a Thursday

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody pays more for Monday, Thursday, or the later season Saturdays for nfl. . Shows like for instance the walking dead go around December and January not because of football only, it’s family events and holidays which nba has proven to be successful at

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be three distorted seasons. They’re trying both to reset to normal, and not miss the Christmas TV ratings bonanza. That’s big dollars they’re passing up, and will cost the players plenty.
    I agree with you on the Christmas games being lost would be big. I think they could deal with this disjointed season as they would know when it is coming back and also would get fans into arena for PO possibly. I also know the NBA does not want the late season but I do still think December would be a better start in a normal year.

Thread Information