Page 66 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1656626364656667686970 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 1898
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not Simmons relayed but I thought this was the best place to drop this-Shams

Sources: The Indiana Pacers are moving toward rebuild, receptive to trade talks centered on Caris LeVert and either Domantas Sabonis or Myles Turner.
    If they are rebuilding we probably can’t help as they will want young assets and picks but if they want White or Jak, Walker IV and a couple of SRPs for Turner i’d jump on that. They’ll probs want an FRP, Primo and an expiring though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they are rebuilding we probably can’t help as they will want young assets and picks but if they want White or Jak, Walker IV and a couple of SRPs for Turner i’d jump on that. They’ll probs want an FRP, Primo and an expiring though.
    I’d give Keldon and Thad and the Bulls pick for Sabonis. They’d be crazy not to take that if they are rebuilding. A rookie contract, expiring vet and a 1st round pick.

Maybe pair Sabonis with Poeltl to help him protect the rim more, so people here stop giving him the excuse, “well Keldon is overpowered so Poeltl needs to help.”

I don’t know if they can flip Thad to a 1st pick later on. And I’d give our 2nd round pick if not enough. Sabonis would be a great addition to this team at only 25
    Last edited by John B; 12-07-2021 at 02:11 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pass on Sabonis.

A flawed player, has to play C but doesn't have the defensive abilities to do it on a high level.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can Turner play PF? I'd love to have him but I don't think either he or Poeltl would react well to being a bench player.

An off-the-wall idea would be to trade Poeltl (plus whatever else it takes, as long as it's not too much ofc) and get back both Turner and Sabonis.

I don't want LaVert though. He'd just take minutes from the younger wings and he's been quite inefficient recently.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can Turner play PF? I'd love to have him but I don't think either he or Poeltl would react well to being a bench player.

An off-the-wall idea would be to trade Poeltl (plus whatever else it takes, as long as it's not too much ofc) and get back both Turner and Sabonis.

I don't want LaVert though. He'd just take minutes from the younger wings and he's been quite inefficient recently.
    I do think Turner could play beside Poeltl. I'm not advocating a particular trade but, we could put out some interesting lineups and we wouldn't need to play Eubanks anymore this year unless there's an injury... We'd have an elite rim protector on the floor at all times...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walker or Tre + Thad + Bulls 1st rounder for Turner would do wonders for this team...

Forget about Sabonis we don't have anyone on our team nearly good enough to trade for him except Dejounte

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walker or Tre + Thad + Bulls 1st rounder for Turner would do wonders for this team...

Forget about Sabonis we don't have anyone on our team nearly good enough to trade for him except Dejounte
    If you could do that then trade Poeltl to GS. He would do fantastic in that system. Looney and Wiseman are definitely the weakness on that team. With Poeltl's screening friggin' Curry would be so wide open. Scary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mmm... you're probably right.
    I wouldn't trade Primo right now unless it was for something amazing.
    That kid is gonna be somebody.
    He's gonna be a contendah.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mmm... you're probably right.
    I wouldn't trade Primo right now unless it was for something amazing.
    That kid is gonna be somebody.
    He's gonna be a contendah.
    Yeah given we are both rebuilding I don’t see much opportunity here. We are better developing our very young guys like Keldon, Primo and Vassell. I also don’t think any of those young guys would even result in much back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah given we are both rebuilding I don’t see much opportunity here. We are better developing our very young guys like Keldon, Primo and Vassell. I also don’t think any of those young guys would even result in much back.
    Yeah. Vassell is showing some stuff that some teams might crave, but for what amount?
    Primo might become something that's just untradeable.
    I hope that happens.1

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So you gloated in order to get responses? I mean okay. I definitely think the start to the season has altered how I think about the comparison between the players. Some of that is Murray being better than he's been. But a lot of that is also Simmons' stock dropping. As I said before, in a vacuum, I'd still take last year's Simmons over Murray this year. I'm not going to box myself into a corner where I'm ting on Murray, as I'm glad he's playing better. But I also think a lot of Spurs fans haven't really looked at how Murray compares to the rest of the league. He's been good, but he still has a lot of flaws in his game that drag his impact down compared to All-NBA guys like Simmons. There are a lot of teams with multiple players who have cases for being clearly better than DeJounte, including some not very good teams. I think DJM should be over guys like CJ McCollum, but someone like Sabonis (who's not a superstar by any means), is still comfortably better.

Again, not trying to on Murray, but if he weren't the culture leader of the team (and didn't go through a horrible summer), I'd have no problem trading him away even now.
    You obvioulsy missed the part where I said I came in because I knew yall ( you and extatic) would be able to admit that yall were wrong. Of the two you have came closer but I think you realised you were kind of admitting it and started back tracking.

Compareing him to the rest of the league. I would say he is probably in the top 25 current players out there. A lot of people will go off names. You keep putting simmons up there but he is not better then Murray. Simmons has some skills but lacks much more as a player and is causes problems for his team and im not even talking about this year. Im talking about who he can play with. Even with a team built around him the have not make it to the conference finals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CJ with a collapsed lung, probs on the shelf for awhile. Might put a wrench in Simmons for CJ chatter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CJ with a collapsed lung, probs on the shelf for awhile. Might put a wrench in Simmons for CJ chatter.
    Yikes. Maybe Simmons to Indiana?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Morey is gonna hold out to see if the new GM is willing to extend a supermax to Dame before the pulls the trigger on CJ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Read an article today that part of the interview process for the new Portland GM is their plan: rebuild around Lillard, or without him. I think they may be realizing that he’s never going to get out of the first or second round as the #1 option.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Read an article today that part of the interview process for the new Portland GM is their plan: rebuild around Lillard, or without him. I think they may be realizing that he’s never going to get out of the first or second round as the #1 option.
    Makes perfect sense. Lillard is not as good as Curry, but imo the big thing holding Portland back is that McCollum is nowhere near as good as Klay and building a Dubs-like roster without that piece is impossible.

Portland has their superstar and that's the hard part. But it's no guarantee of success. That WCF trip might have been a curse in disguise because it made the front office complacent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You obvioulsy missed the part where I said I came in because I knew yall ( you and extatic) would be able to admit that yall were wrong. Of the two you have came closer but I think you realised you were kind of admitting it and started back tracking.

Compareing him to the rest of the league. I would say he is probably in the top 25 current players out there. A lot of people will go off names. You keep putting simmons up there but he is not better then Murray. Simmons has some skills but lacks much more as a player and is causes problems for his team and im not even talking about this year. Im talking about who he can play with. Even with a team built around him the have not make it to the conference finals.
    Murray might be a wonderful starting guard with two stars already on it. For example, do you think Murray could be better than Iggy was during the Warriors 3 les in 4 years?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think the apprehension is Dame as the #1 as much as it is the ability to build a team around him. He is up for an extension of 2yrs 107mm this summer that would pay him through the 2026-27 season when he is 36. Tough to walk into a franchise knowing you have that contract tied around your neck.

Dame is still a #1 option in my mind the rest of the team needs to be rebuilt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think the apprehension is Dame as the #1 as much as it is the ability to build a team around him. He is up for an extension of 2yrs 107mm this summer that would pay him through the 2026-27 season when he is 36. Tough to walk into a franchise knowing you have that contract tied around your neck.

Dame is still a #1 option in my mind the rest of the team needs to be rebuilt.
    If he’s the #1 option, you’re building around him, and you’re not going anywhere.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray might be a wonderful starting guard with two stars already on it. For example, do you think Murray could be better than Iggy was during the Warriors 3 les in 4 years?
    I would say they played completely different roles. I would say he is better then iggy. I think most players need other players to compliment them on winning a le.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would say they played completely different roles. I would say he is better then iggy. I think most players need other players to compliment them on winning a le.
    Iggy was a beast in Philly. And until DJM learns to finish with contacts and consistently earn trips to the FT line, I would have reservations putting him in comparison. That would complete his game for now. Likewise with Lonnie. I don’t know why they would just do acrobatic layups instead of dunking the ball hard with contact, and maybe getting foul. If Chips is the shooting coach, is there such thing as “finishing with contact” coach?? Poodle should be there too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Iggy was a beast in Philly. And until DJM learns to finish with contacts and consistently earn trips to the FT line, I would have reservations putting him in comparison. That would complete his game for now. Likewise with Lonnie. I don’t know why they would just do acrobatic layups instead of dunking the ball hard with contact, and maybe getting foul. If Chips is the shooting coach, is there such thing as “finishing with contact” coach?? Poodle should be there too
    Actually Iggy's stats in Philly were pretty much what DJM is putting up now with slightly more scoring but fewer assists and rebounds. Iggy's big advantage was that he's much bigger than DJM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I would love Sabonis or Turner on this team. Walker, Thad and a first is probably just a starting point though. After Simmons, the Indiana GM is now asking how much extra can I get for Turner or Sabonis since they are the most valued players next to Dame available for trade. Hmmmmm, A lot I'm sure.
    The Spurs would have to give up an arm and a leg and then some for Simmons, but Turner or Sabonis would also cost an arm and a leg. Even though the spurs could use an infusion of talent with a trade like that, I'm not sure they are willing to play that game just yet plus they aren't that great at trades. I'm still stunned at what they got for DeRozen especially since he could have walked away for nothing in return.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More chatter from Marc Stein about Simmons and the spurs. Mentioned Simmons would welcome a trade to SA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More chatter from Marc Stein about Simmons and the spurs. Mentioned Simmons would welcome a trade to SA
    yea heard sixers would want murray/vassell&mcbuckets

Thread Information