Page 306 of 376 FirstFirst ... 206256296302303304305306307308309310316356 ... LastLast
Results 7,626 to 7,650 of 9381
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GoW is definitely a great port with a lot of polish, but my gut is telling me Sekiro was better so far.. The fighting was just more satisfying. We'll see how Kratos progresses..
    sekiro and god of war were easily 2 of my top 5 games i played on the ps4. out of curiosity, what difficulty are you playing GoW on, and have you fought valkyrie's yet? i think overall sekiro's combat was more engaging, especially when you have 1 on 1 battles. valkyries were the only god of war fights that really felt comparable, particularly the valkyrie queen (especially on higher difficulty and NG+ where they become even more difficult)

think the only games i bothered platting were spiderman, god of war, and sekiro
    Last edited by spurraider21; 01-30-2022 at 05:54 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you never played Quantum Break though, I agree with Kony in highly recommending it. The live action scenes are cheesy, but the gameplay itself is excellent.
    Never played it... I have it in my shortlist.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GoW is definitely a great port with a lot of polish, but my gut is telling me Sekiro was better so far.. The fighting was just more satisfying. We'll see how Kratos progresses..
    Sekiro is a great game on it's own, and perhaps with even more depth in the combat aspect.

That's not to say the GoW doesn't have a great and deep combat system, but it's just the whole package. Story, exploration, just flat out great looks.

My beef with Sekiro is that the learning curve from the get go was pretty brutal, bordering on frustrating/annoying. That's something GoW, I though, did better.

BTW, if you like Sekiro and haven't played Nioh 2, that's another great combat game.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sekiro is a great game on it's own, and perhaps with even more depth in the combat aspect.

That's not to say the GoW doesn't have a great and deep combat system, but it's just the whole package. Story, exploration, just flat out great looks.

My beef with Sekiro is that the learning curve from the get go was pretty brutal, bordering on frustrating/annoying. That's something GoW, I though, did better.

BTW, if you like Sekiro and haven't played Nioh 2, that's another great combat game.
    So your ass played Elden Ring yet? Can't decide if I'm playing that at launch or Horizon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have you done any valkyrie fights yet?
    Not sure.. I don't think so. Just got to the part where you gotta rotate the bridge to access the other realms

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sekiro and god of war were easily 2 of my top 5 games i played on the ps4. out of curiosity, what difficulty are you playing GoW on, and have you fought valkyrie's yet? i think overall sekiro's combat was more engaging, especially when you have 1 on 1 battles. valkyries were the only god of war fights that really felt comparable, particularly the valkyrie queen (especially on higher difficulty and NG+ where they become even more difficult)

think the only games i bothered platting were spiderman, god of war, and sekiro
    I chose medium.. give me a challenge

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah I missed Epic's giveaway of Nioh too..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Valkyries are better left for post game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I missed Epic's giveaway of Nioh too..
    I haven't played Nioh 2, but Nioh 1 is nowhere near as good as Sekiro. Nioh 1 has some really cheap fights thanks to the sloth talisman.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I chose medium.. give me a challenge
    best difficulty for first playthrough

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Talking about Sekiro, here’s the game been sped run blind folded from start to finish in just over 2 hours.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So your ass played Elden Ring yet? Can't decide if I'm playing that at launch or Horizon.
    No. I'll probably do Horizon first. Just not in the mood for grind, crafting, and the game looks huge.

Looking for something more like a linear story, a good tale. We'll see what Horizon brings, tbh, haven't played it yet either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't played Nioh 2, but Nioh 1 is nowhere near as good as Sekiro. Nioh 1 has some really cheap fights thanks to the sloth talisman.
    I haven't played Nioh 1, tbh... Nioh 2 wasn't as challenging as Sekiro, but it was still pretty good, IMVHO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just finished the Wrecked Ship in Super Metroid so I think I'm not too far from beating it. I don't know, game is good but I don't see the hype about it being the best SNES game ever made. Don't think it's in the same class as Super Mario World, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy IV and VI, Zelda A Link to the Past, F-Zero, Donkey Kong Country, Super Castlevania IV, Super Mario RPG, Street Fighter II Turbo, and Actraiser, which I consider the S-Tier and A-Tier of the SNES. I think I'd put Super Metroid in the B-Tier myself, with games like the Dragon Quest I & II remasters, Shadowrun, Yoshi's Island, Super Punchout, Earthbound, Mario Kart, Starfox, Turtles in Time, Mortal Kombat II, Mega Man X, etc.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just finished the Wrecked Ship in Super Metroid so I think I'm not too far from beating it. I don't know, game is good but I don't see the hype about it being the best SNES game ever made. Don't think it's in the same class as Super Mario World, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy IV and VI, Zelda A Link to the Past, F-Zero, Donkey Kong Country, Super Castlevania IV, Super Mario RPG, Street Fighter II Turbo, and Actraiser, which I consider the S-Tier and A-Tier of the SNES. I think I'd put Super Metroid in the B-Tier myself, with games like the Dragon Quest I & II remasters, Shadowrun, Yoshi's Island, Super Punchout, Earthbound, Mario Kart, Starfox, Turtles in Time, Mortal Kombat II, Mega Man X, etc.
    I haven’t played it either but even I can say it’s not the best snes game. You can’t with any Mario game in that era.

Mega Man and Street fighter are god tier as well. Lots of good games on your list I would personally put way ahead of Metroid too.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are digital copies of games more expensive than a physical copy? Guardians of the Galaxy is going for 35 and 40 dollars depending on where you look but at full price in the PS store. Same for FF7 remake.

Thinking of picking either Galaxy or FF7 along with Horizon in a few weeks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are digital copies of games more expensive than a physical copy? Guardians of the Galaxy is going for 35 and 40 dollars depending on where you look but at full price in the PS store. Same for FF7 remake.

Because physical copies are probably sold wholesale at a discount to companies like Amazon, Walmart, etc since they have to buy and keep inventory, something that doesn't exist in digital.

Some of these companies will also sell them at a discount as loss leaders...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

There is a ton of compe ion for physical game sales. I can buy games physically from Amazon, Walmart, Gamestop, Target, Best Buy, Newegg, and they're trying to one up each other all the time. Lots of time to get you into stores, like Nono was saying above about loss leaders. Whereas there is only one place I can buy a digital Playstation game: namely, PSN.

Furthermore, I don't think Sony can undercut other retailers in the first year or two a game is out or they'd probably refuse to stock Playstation games. Whenever a newish game gets a discount on PSN it's usually an MSRP cut overall that applies on physical too.

You missed out on Guardians of the Galaxy. I picked that up for $25 from Walmart around Black Friday, though Gamestop and Amazon had that price then too. Also it was on sale on PSN for $39 around Christmastime. They jack the prices back up when the holiday sales are over.

FFVIIR Intergrade PS5 was also $39 on PSN around Christmas. Might not see those kind of prices again on PSN until the big Midyear Sale in July.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, anyone with a hacked PS4 can play Dying Light 2 right now, as the game leaked today.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, anyone with a hacked PS4 can play Dying Light 2 right now, as the game leaked today.
    Would you even want to? The PS4 is not going to handle that game any more than it could Cyber .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would you even want to? The PS4 is not going to handle that game any more than it could Cyber .
    No way it'll be as broken as Cyberpunk. I would play a couple of hours to see if I think it's worth the $80.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is a ton of compe ion for physical game sales. I can buy games physically from Amazon, Walmart, Gamestop, Target, Best Buy, Newegg, and they're trying to one up each other all the time. Lots of time to get you into stores, like Nono was saying above about loss leaders. Whereas there is only one place I can buy a digital Playstation game: namely, PSN.

Furthermore, I don't think Sony can undercut other retailers in the first year or two a game is out or they'd probably refuse to stock Playstation games. Whenever a newish game gets a discount on PSN it's usually an MSRP cut overall that applies on physical too.

You missed out on Guardians of the Galaxy. I picked that up for $25 from Walmart around Black Friday, though Gamestop and Amazon had that price then too. Also it was on sale on PSN for $39 around Christmastime. They jack the prices back up when the holiday sales are over.

FFVIIR Intergrade PS5 was also $39 on PSN around Christmas. Might not see those kind of prices again on PSN until the big Midyear Sale in July.
    Just got a notification from PlayStation. FF7 Intergrade is on sale for 40 bucks.

Im going to pass for now though. I’ll grab the physical copy later for the same price.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just got a notification from PlayStation. FF7 Intergrade is on sale for 40 bucks.

Im going to pass for now though. I’ll grab the physical copy later for the same price.
    LOL was about to come post this. Actually a really solid overall sale dropping today.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 02-02-2022 at 07:39 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Well there you go Reck. FFVIIR Intergrade PS5 physical for $20. You ain't gonna get it cheaper than that, so jump fast before this price changes.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Final-Fan...4861/830012324

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, i beat it when it first came out in 2018. Since i'm waiting for DL2 next month I figured it would be fun to revisit on the PC
    Well, just cancelled my Dying Light 2 preorder after seeing how broken the game is in IGN's review.

I'll have to revisit in a few months when hopefully the crippling bugs and performance issues are fixed, but not paying full price to play something broken now.

Also hate the idea of missions basically being on a timer where you turn into a zombie if you don't get back to your UV light on time. Sounds like such a stupid game mechanic and I hate being rushed all the time in an open world game. God damn, and I loved the first game so much but this looks so disappointing.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 02-02-2022 at 11:56 AM.

Thread Information