Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Congratulations.

DK if we'll ever know if she can head coach in the NBA but congrats for now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cringeworthy indeed. Becky looks very uncomfortable with Pop.
    I miss the sarcastic asshole Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah BatManu, to me they will ALWAYS be the SA Stars. Ever since I watched this team back in the day when BH25 was playing alongside Sophia Young and Vickie Johnson, to name a few, was always a fun team to watch. But congrats to Coach Becky and the Aces! It was well deserved! And that was one heck of a physical series, too! Becky going small ball while the Sun went big, worked out for the Aces going down the stretch. And The Point God, Chelsea Gray, earned the Finals MVP for sure, because she carried the Aces on her back in the playoffs and finals.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    San Antonio Silver Stars are Champions

Hopefully that move was not the seed for a relocation of the Spurs to Vegas in 5 years

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Real Spurs fans already knew a Becky was legit, but now with this win she has made it obvious that all those NBA teams that passed her over to hire some mfers were idiots. I’d love for her to replace Pop, but I hope that happens in another year or two when we have more talent on the roster for her to work with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To all the pop haters ...: He teaches as good as he coaches !!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To all the pop haters ...: He teaches as good as he coaches !!!
    1/10 i got a little laugh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you are easily amused or ... your a ing Trump Sheep Idiot !!! Laimbeer did put this team together but he couldn't win with it !!! ... Took Becky to win a championship with it !!! God I hate TRUMP TROLL IDIOTS like you !!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At pretending Pop deserves an ounce of credit for this. It's bad enough that Hammon is receiving as much as she is, while the players are reduced to mere footnotes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's bull !!! and you know it but wont admit it you immature ing hater . she's a winner in her first year and you ing hate for no reason . know what , arguing with the likes of you makes me a moron like you !!! I reuse to argue with a a ing hater like you anymore !!! Suck a you ing inconsequential maggot you are !!! I'm out !!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not like she took a non playoff team or 1st round fodder team to ship

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Congrats Becky

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did Becky inherit a good team? Yes...but she also helped them finally get over the hump to win their first ever championship and did it in convincing fashion.

Tied for best record in the regular season, 8-2 record in the playoffs.

If the Aces were supposedly so good before Becky came, how come they were never able to get it done before? The last time they got to the Finals they got swept, and the two surrounding years they went out in the Semis.

The players deserve the bulk of the credit, but you can't argue that she put them in the position to succeed. Let's not sit around and act like this isn't a huge win for just because she didn't take a JV team to the championship.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WNBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your mom was in the WNBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your mom was in the WNBA
    And yours was cut from the WNBA tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And yours was cut from the WNBA tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Coach Bill Laimbeer retired, center Liz Cambage left as a free agent for Los Angeles and Hammon came in, as did another former WNBA player, Natalie Williams, as general manager. Without Cambage, who averaged 14.2 PPG and 8.2 RPG, Hammon opened up the Aces' offensive approach, pushing them to take many more 3-pointers. The Aces went from 162-of-432 from behind the arc last season to 343-of-951 this season.

That included Wilson, who had made just one 3-pointer her first four seasons in the league, but made 31 this regular season. Wilson now has a WNBA le, two MVP awards and an Olympic gold medal all by age 26, which she turned in August."

https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/34619557/las-vegas-aces-win-their-first-wnba- le-beating-connecticut-sun-game-4-finals-chelsea-gray-named-mvp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GO BECKY GO! Very happy for her!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's bull !!! and you know it but wont admit it you immature ing hater . she's a winner in her first year and you ing hate for no reason . know what , arguing with the likes of you makes me a moron like you !!! I reuse to argue with a a ing hater like you anymore !!! Suck a you ing inconsequential maggot you are !!! I'm out !!!
    At melting down. I'm the an hesis of the person you're describing, I'm just convinced that coaching (and president/GM) is mostly about luck.

Did Becky inherit a good team? Yes...but she also helped them finally get over the hump to win their first ever championship and did it in convincing fashion.

Tied for best record in the regular season, 8-2 record in the playoffs.

If the Aces were supposedly so good before Becky came, how come they were never able to get it done before? The last time they got to the Finals they got swept, and the two surrounding years they went out in the Semis.

The players deserve the bulk of the credit, but you can't argue that she put them in the position to succeed. Let's not sit around and act like this isn't a huge win for just because she didn't take a JV team to the championship.
    I can't speak to the particulars of what changed (significant addition, core gaining more continuity and experience, better fitting role players, better health, opponent injury luck, etc.), but I guarantee you some combination thereof did and she just so happened to inherit them at the right time like many coaches/managers have done throughout sports history.

"Coach Bill Laimbeer retired, center Liz Cambage left as a free agent for Los Angeles and Hammon came in, as did another former WNBA player, Natalie Williams, as general manager. Without Cambage, who averaged 14.2 PPG and 8.2 RPG, Hammon opened up the Aces' offensive approach, pushing them to take many more 3-pointers. The Aces went from 162-of-432 from behind the arc last season to 343-of-951 this season.

That included Wilson, who had made just one 3-pointer her first four seasons in the league, but made 31 this regular season. Wilson now has a WNBA le, two MVP awards and an Olympic gold medal all by age 26, which she turned in August."

https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/34619557/las-vegas-aces-win-their-first-wnba- le-beating-connecticut-sun-game-4-finals-chelsea-gray-named-mvp

She had the novel concept of having her players play genized '22 basketball? The ingenuity.
    Last edited by TD 21; 09-19-2022 at 05:26 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    she has led 2 teams as head coach and both of them won the championship.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could Becky crash the locker room on the Spurs final regular season game and make stupid jokes and say "He never listens to me anyway."?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good for Becky but damn the WNBA still ing sucks and that ain't changing anytime soon.

Thread Information