Page 320 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 2202703103163173183193203213223233243303704208201320 ... LastLast
Results 7,976 to 8,000 of 40782
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I rather be poor in America but rich in Russia

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TSA Chris

“You only get this chance once. The whole world is watching. I had to," Moreno told police, according to prosecutors. "People don’t know what’s going on here. Now they will.”
    https://www.wbaltv.com/article/man-i...ship/32011772#

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh hey, guess what falls under essential services per the governor?

Church!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tex...-closures/amp/
    same in FL, a very late (ie, Repug) stay-home order but you can go to church and get infected

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    for the morons who still think herd immunity and no lockdown woulda been a better option

heres your chance to shine. watch Sweden and if sweden is successful, you are all geniuses

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    maybe not

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're a bleeding heart lib, right? No matter what material comforts they might have, they still trample on gay rights, religious rights (that whole Islamic genocide thing in Chechnya), and basically have a mafia boss running the country, ergo, hole.
    very dumb take

I can tell you get most of your knowledge from Mainstream Media

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    maybe not

HORROR MOVIE’

Coronavirus will infect HALF of Sweden’s population in just four weeks as nation refuses to lock down, scientist claims

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11310363/coronavirus-infect-half-swedens-population/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Russia is not a hole.

But Ok.
    Russia is hole-ish. Government by kleptocracy, life expectancy barely on par with newly industrialized countries, dependent on oil exports, and a fertility rate below replacement.

Their demographic and economic destiny is going to lead the country into a decline that will make them long for the 1990's.

It's long term trajectory is definitely " hole with nukes"
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 04-02-2020 at 07:56 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    some ed up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IF they aren't posting, you have to wonder if they were train engineers... heh

This is what I mean when I say what you think is true or not is important and has real-world consequences.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

HORROR MOVIE’

Coronavirus will infect HALF of Sweden’s population in just four weeks as nation refuses to lock down, scientist claims

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11310363/coronavirus-infect-half-swedens-population/
    Swedes are normally pretty sensible. Sad.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously, why are Trump supporters here even trying to defend him?

You don't have to.

It's not the law.

Are you really so ashamed to admit you might have made a bad choice here?

this ^

pretty pathetic

but seriously- brainwashed people pretty much do not ever recover

this is why they drink the poison eventually...

hard to comprehend - but we see proof here everyday

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Swedes are normally pretty sensible. Sad.
    that's some reverse nationalism right there

People in general have a ratio of sensible vs non-sensible types. How are Swedes any more sensible than anyone else?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I got news for you: a percentage of any complex instruments stockpiled will not work out of the box and require field engineering/repair or parts replacement to bring up to speed. It's not new nor avoidable. A percentage of anything you buy that's somewhat complex will fail out of the box.

"some have come out of storage with depleted batteries, missing oxygen hoses and other issues."

You guys always fall for and propagate ignorant ass sensationalism headlines and tweets. Grow the up. The contract was being fulfilled until last summer. Now some are pretending all these things happened because they weren't maintained for what, 7 months?
    Last edited by DMC; 04-02-2020 at 10:38 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Snippet:

The world is about to find out. So far, about one in 10 deaths in the United States from COVID-19 has occurred in the four-state arc of Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and Georgia, according to data assembled by the COVID Tracking Project, a volunteer collaboration incubated at The Atlantic. New Orleans is on pace to become the next global epicenter of the pandemic. The virus has a foothold in southwestern Georgia, and threatens to overwhelm hospitals in the Atlanta metropolitan area. The coronavirus is advancing quickly across the American South. And in the American South, significant numbers of younger people are battling health conditions that make coronavirus outbreaks more perilous.

The numbers emerging seem to indicate that more young people in the South are dying from COVID-19. Although the majority of coronavirus-related deaths in Louisiana are still among victims over 70 years old, 43 percent of all reported deaths have been people under 70. In Georgia, people under 70 make up 49 percent of reported deaths. By comparison, people under 70 account for only 20 percent of deaths in Colorado. “Under 70” is a broad category, not really useful for understanding what’s going on. But digging deeper reveals more concerning numbers. In Louisiana, people from the ages of 40 to 59 account for 22 percent of all deaths. The same age range in Georgia accounts for 17 percent of all deaths. By comparison, the same age group accounts for only about 10 percent of all deaths in Colorado, and 6 percent of all deaths in Washington State. These statistics suggest that middle-aged and working-age adults in the two southern states are at much greater risk than their counterparts elsewhere; for some reason, they are more likely to die from COVID-19.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice preemptive meltdown, DMC. Factual tweet was posted without comment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I got news for you: a percentage of any complex instruments stockpiled will not work out of the box and require field engineering/repair or parts replacement to bring up to speed. It's not new nor avoidable. A percentage of anything you buy that's somewhat complex will fail out of the box.

"some have come out of storage with depleted batteries, missing oxygen hoses and other issues."

You guys always fall for and propagate ignorant ass sensationalism headlines and tweets. Grow the up. The contract was being fulfilled until last summer. Now some are pretending all these things happened because they weren't maintained for what, 7 months?
    How often should they be maintained?
    If they are periodically rotated through maintenance cycles, how many cycles happened in those 7 months, and what is both the absolute number, and the proportion of those ventilators that didn't get serviced?

(edit)

And yes, complex machines have fail rates out of storage. The critical thinking question here is what is that rate, and how did the failure to maintain them affect that. It seems to me that we need more information to effectively evaluate this fact.
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 04-02-2020 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Rule one, and that child in my mind.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

how do idiots like this get elected

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Snippet:

The world is about to find out. So far, about one in 10 deaths in the United States from COVID-19 has occurred in the four-state arc of Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and Georgia, according to data assembled by the COVID Tracking Project, a volunteer collaboration incubated at The Atlantic. New Orleans is on pace to become the next global epicenter of the pandemic. The virus has a foothold in southwestern Georgia, and threatens to overwhelm hospitals in the Atlanta metropolitan area. The coronavirus is advancing quickly across the American South. And in the American South, significant numbers of younger people are battling health conditions that make coronavirus outbreaks more perilous.

The numbers emerging seem to indicate that more young people in the South are dying from COVID-19. Although the majority of coronavirus-related deaths in Louisiana are still among victims over 70 years old, 43 percent of all reported deaths have been people under 70. In Georgia, people under 70 make up 49 percent of reported deaths. By comparison, people under 70 account for only 20 percent of deaths in Colorado. “Under 70” is a broad category, not really useful for understanding what’s going on. But digging deeper reveals more concerning numbers. In Louisiana, people from the ages of 40 to 59 account for 22 percent of all deaths. The same age range in Georgia accounts for 17 percent of all deaths. By comparison, the same age group accounts for only about 10 percent of all deaths in Colorado, and 6 percent of all deaths in Washington State. These statistics suggest that middle-aged and working-age adults in the two southern states are at much greater risk than their counterparts elsewhere; for some reason, they are more likely to die from COVID-19.
    Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp Just Found Out Coronavirus, Like, Real Contagious, Y'all

Well by God, sounds like a couple of southern GOP governors found Christ yesterday. Mississippi Governor Tater Tater Tater Tater Tater, after struggling mightily with the issue, waited until the very last minute possible and handed down a statewide stay-at-home order. Florida Governor Ron DeSantis did the same, finally, because Donald Trump gave him the order, finally, as he runs the state where the coronavirus pandemic is in the process of exploding (the current confirmed cases are 7,773). Don't worry, DeSantis made an exemption allowing Floridians to get coronavirus at church, as is their religious freedom. Texas Governor Greg Abbott made the same exemption.

Kemp explained during a press conference on Wednesday announcing his stay-at-home order:

KEMP: Um, you know I think is the reason I'm takin' this action, just like I've continued to tell people, I'm followin' the data, I'm followin' the advice of Dr. [Kathleen] Toomey, uh, her and I both mentioned in our remarks, um, you know, findin' out that this virus is now transmitting before people see signs, so the, what we've been tellin' people, from directives from the CDC for weeks now, that if you start feeling bad, stay home, those individuals could've been infecting people before they ever felt bad.

Well, we didn't know that until the last 24 hours, and as Dr. Toomey told me, she goes, "This is a game changer for us."

He learned that, on Tuesday! Brian Kemp just learned — on Tuesday! — that asymptomatic people can give people coronavirus! This is a thing he found out — on Tuesday! 'Cause he's just followin' the science! And it was a GAME CHANGER.
    https://www.wonkette.com/game-change...ontagious-yall

Sooooo he just found this out. It is new to him. Let that sink in.

The Republican governor.
    Just.
    Found.
    Out.

Stacy Abrams... probably already knows.

Elections have consequences.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

how do idiots like this get elected

He wasnt elected...he was the person in charge/overseeing his own election - and refused to recuse -

and then during the election -

predominantly black voting counties had a bunch of voting machines go out of order, change votes, cancel votes, change voters addresses, etc...

Stacey Abrams filed a suit and I dont think she ever conceded...

he STOLE that election.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He wasnt elected...he was the person in charge/overseeing his own election - and refused to recuse -

and then during the election -

predominantly black voting counties had a bunch of voting machines go out of order, change votes, cancel votes, change voters addresses, etc...

Stacey Abrams filed a suit and I dont think she ever conceded...

he STOLE that election.
    True that. Republicans couldn't actually WIN the election.

Georgia gubernatorial election, 2018[224]
    Party Candidate Votes % ±
    Republican Brian Kemp 1,978,408 50.22% -2.52%
    Democratic Stacey Abrams 1,923,685 48.83% +3.95%
    55,000 votes. Won by the guy who was in charge of election policy. Shocker.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True that. Republicans couldn't actually WIN the election.

55,000 votes. Won by the guy who was in charge of election policy. Shocker.
    yup

cannot remember the exact number -

but hundreds of thousands of names were purged from the voter records - for a number of reasons - in the months leading up to the election...

of course -

most in poor and black neighborhoods...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp Just Found Out Coronavirus, Like, Real Contagious, Y'all

https://www.wonkette.com/game-change...ontagious-yall

Sooooo he just found this out. It is new to him. Let that sink in.

The Republican governor.
    Just.
    Found.
    Out.

Stacy Abrams... probably already knows.

Elections have consequences.
    Kemp is lying.

Pretending to be an idiot is the penultimate CYA for bad decisions. It is usually a prelude to more of the same.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yup

cannot remember the exact number -

but hundreds of thousands of names were purged from the voter records - for a number of reasons - in the months leading up to the election...

of course -

most in poor and black neighborhoods...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_G...orial_election

Thread Information