My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They dyin' now.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's how dumb WrongdomGuy is. He's like 6 weeks behind with the data he's presenting.

Thats how much he understands the data.

Per his link.

Loloolokoolook

Its sad really. He tried at length to pretend to ignore me. Now he thought he was really smart. In the end the same low iq post by a scared man hiding behind a mask pretending to be virtuous

What a scared low iq, dunce
    End of year will show limits within normal all cause fatalities.

The end

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They shuttin' it down.

The end.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How Finland and Norway Proved Sweden’s Approach to COVID-19 Works

Data show that the policies of Finland and Norway have been even less restrictive than Sweden's for most of the pandemic.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Belgium, for example, has the second highest COVID-19 death rate in the world even though it implemented one of the strictest lockdowns in the world (81.5 stringency). Italy and Spain had even harsher lockdowns, and both countries are also among the most devastated by the virus. (Italy’s current death rate is lower than that of Belgium and Spain, but the country is facing a resurgence of the virus that looks positively frightening.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...outputType=amp

The big Foldren
    is there any end to the WRONG

The way people are distributed in their bigger cities is already very different so they had a chance but they blew it. Mask, distance, don’t stay in the same still dry enclosed air for long periods of time with a different group of people every day. It’s much clearer now, but people just can’t get it. “Hey everyone, let’s all run red lights together, they can’t take our transportation rights away by god”

So you force rules upon yourselves because of STUPID.

Winter comes, you’ll get colder dryer air and spend more time inside with various others. It’s so damn difficult to understand.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even Sweden appears to be abandoning the Swedish model. On Monday, the country’s authorities banned gatherings of more than eight people as they grappled with the second coronavirus wave surging through much of Europe. The new restrictions followed other protocols coming into effect this week, including protective measures around nursing homes and bans on alcohol sales at restaurants and bars after 10 p.m.

The shift in tone is noteworthy given Sweden’s notorious light-touch approach to the pandemic. “It is a clear and sharp signal to every person in our country as to what applies in the future,” Prime Minister Stefan Lofven said during a news conference Monday. “Don’t go to the gym, don’t go the library, don’t have dinner out, don’t have parties — cancel!”

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Norway and Finland have some of the lowest COVID-19 death rates in the world, with 54 deaths per one million citizens and 66 per million respectively. This is well below the median in Europe (240 per million) and Sweden’s rate (605 per million).

What these critics fail to realize is that both Finland and Norway have had less restrictive policies than Sweden for the bulk of the pandemic—not more lockdowns.

Norway’s lockdown stringency has been less than 40 since early June, and fell all the way to 28.7 in September and October. Finland’s lockdown stringency followed a similar pattern, floating around the mid to low 30s for most of the second half of the year, before creeping back up to 41 around Halloween.

When people compare Sweden unfavorably to Finland and Norway to dismiss its laissez-faire policy, they are drawing the opposite conclusion from what the data point really reveals. Yes, Finland and Norway have lower deaths than Sweden—but they have actually been more laissez-faire than their neighbor for the majority of the pandemic.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...outputType=amp

The big Foldren
    is there any end to the WRONG

The way people are distributed in their bigger cities is already very different so they had a chance but they blew it. Mask, distance, don’t stay in the same still dry enclosed air for long periods of time with a different group of people every day. It’s much clearer now, but people just can’t get it. “Hey everyone, let’s all run red lights together, they can’t take our transportation rights away by god”

So you force rules upon yourselves because of STUPID.

Winter comes, you’ll get colder dryer air and spend more time inside with various others. It’s so damn difficult to understand.
    Since June, Finland and Norway have had less restrictive government policies than Sweden, and both nations have endured the coronavirus remarkably well. They have been among the freest nations in the world since early June, and COVID-19 deaths have been miniscule

Neither country even has a mask mandate, though both implemented mask recommendations in August. In Norway, private gatherings in public places are still permitted, though the capacity was recently reduced to 50 people (down from 200).

In Finland, people say daily life hasn’t changed very much.

“My daily life actually hasn’t been affected too much,” healthcare assistant Gegi Aydin told one local news station.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since June, Finland and Norway have had less restrictive government policies than Sweden, and both nations have endured the coronavirus remarkably well. They have been among the freest nations in the world since early June, and COVID-19 deaths have been miniscule

Neither country even has a mask mandate, though both implemented mask recommendations in August. In Norway, private gatherings in public places are still permitted, though the capacity was recently reduced to 50 people (down from 200).

In Finland, people say daily life hasn’t changed very much.

“My daily life actually hasn’t been affected too much,” healthcare assistant Gegi Aydin told one local news station.
    yes they used masks.

voluntarily

weird concept understanding your country has other people besides me, myself, and I

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Repugs/oligarchy have been indoctrinating their cult base to hate and distrust govt and ins utions since St Ronnie the Diseased Useful Idiot

(why? with no "consent of the governed", a weakened govt is less capable of protecting citizenry from Capitalism)

so now the cult base is being killed, suicide by Freedumb, by 100Ks for "owning" the libs, govt, science by not wearing masks.

America is ed and un able (the America of the non-oligarchy, non-wealthy)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Norway and Finland have some of the lowest COVID-19 death rates in the world, with 54 deaths per one million citizens and 66 per million respectively. This is well below the median in Europe (240 per million) and Sweden’s rate (605 per million).

What these critics fail to realize is that both Finland and Norway have had less restrictive policies than Sweden for the bulk of the pandemic—not more lockdowns.

Norway’s lockdown stringency has been less than 40 since early June, and fell all the way to 28.7 in September and October. Finland’s lockdown stringency followed a similar pattern, floating around the mid to low 30s for most of the second half of the year, before creeping back up to 41 around Halloween.

When people compare Sweden unfavorably to Finland and Norway to dismiss its laissez-faire policy, they are drawing the opposite conclusion from what the data point really reveals. Yes, Finland and Norway have lower deaths than Sweden—but they have actually been more laissez-faire than their neighbor for the majority of the pandemic.
    That's just a lie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Folden lying, foldin, per par etc

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Even Sweden is implementing tough measures to contain the disease, said Olle Lonnaeus in Sydsvenskan (Sweden).

Officials had boasted that our soft-touch approach would keep case numbers low and our economy thriving through fall and winter.

Yet Sweden is now faring worse than Denmark, Norway, and Finland in terms of cases, hospitalizations, and deaths;

indeed, with 6,000 COVID-19 fatalities, Sweden has Europe's fifth-highest per capita death rate.

The Swedish government has been hamstrung by the cons ution,

which guarantees freedom of assembly and makes it impossible to enforce a total lockdown.

This week, Prime Minister Stefan Lofven exploited a "plague loophole" to limit public gatherings to eight people.

This applies to religious services, sporting events, and concerts —

but not to shopping malls or private parties.

Lofven has no authority to limit those,

so all he can do is encourage people to act safely.

As Health and Social Affairs Minister Lena Hallengren puts it, "

We cannot legislate common sense."

-- email from The Week

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes they used masks.

voluntarily

weird concept understanding your country has other people besides me, myself, and I
    Bwahahahahahhajahahah

So does America

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope. Published

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you posted lies about the study

Why do you always have to lie?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That's just th truth

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That's just th truth
    Bylines: Newsweek, The Washington Times, MSN.com, The Washington Examiner, The Daily Caller, The Federalist, the Epoch Times.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bylines: Newsweek, The Washington Times, MSN.com, The Washington Examiner, The Daily Caller, The Federalist, the Epoch Times.

Chumpdump in meltdown mode.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "A Swedish solution in both Denmark and Norway would have brought the two countries closer to their maximum capacity. The burden on healthcare systems would have been much worse, than the situation is today", Associate Professor at NHH Floris Zoutman says.

Zoutman and Steffen Juranek, both researchers at the Department of Business and Management Science (NHH), recently did a study on Covid-19. In their working paper The Effect of Social Distancing Measures on Intensive Care Occupancy: Evidence on COVID-19 in Scandinavia they evaluate the lockdown in Norway and Denmark in terms of hospitalizations and deaths.

Three times as many patients
    Whereas Denmark and Norway imposed fairly strict measures against the spreading of the coronavirus, Sweden follows an extraordinarily lenient approach.

Comparing Norway and Denmark to Sweden, the lockdown measures have been dramatically effective in reducing the pressure on the healthcare system. If Norway and Denmark would have followed the Swedish example, Norway would, at the peak, have had more than three times as many COVID19-patients in hospitals. Denmark would have experienced an increase of 133 per cent.

"The demand for intensive care beds would have also been significantly higher. At the peak, Norway would have had nearly two and a half times as many patients in intensive care at the same time. In Denmark it would have been a little more than twice the number", Juranek says.

https://partner.sciencenorway.no/epi...ically/1701510

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "A Swedish solution in both Denmark and Norway would have brought the two countries closer to their maximum capacity. The burden on healthcare systems would have been much worse, than the situation is today", Associate Professor at NHH Floris Zoutman says.

Zoutman and Steffen Juranek, both researchers at the Department of Business and Management Science (NHH), recently did a study on Covid-19. In their working paper The Effect of Social Distancing Measures on Intensive Care Occupancy: Evidence on COVID-19 in Scandinavia they evaluate the lockdown in Norway and Denmark in terms of hospitalizations and deaths.

Three times as many patients
    Whereas Denmark and Norway imposed fairly strict measures against the spreading of the coronavirus, Sweden follows an extraordinarily lenient approach.

Comparing Norway and Denmark to Sweden, the lockdown measures have been dramatically effective in reducing the pressure on the healthcare system. If Norway and Denmark would have followed the Swedish example, Norway would, at the peak, have had more than three times as many COVID19-patients in hospitals. Denmark would have experienced an increase of 133 per cent.

"The demand for intensive care beds would have also been significantly higher. At the peak, Norway would have had nearly two and a half times as many patients in intensive care at the same time. In Denmark it would have been a little more than twice the number", Juranek says.

https://partner.sciencenorway.no/epi...ically/1701510
    Bwahahajahahhahahahahahahahhahahaha

Melllllttttttdoooooowwebbbnnnnnnnnnn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finland has had 90 per cent fewer coronavirus deaths per capita than Sweden and its economy contracted by less in the first half of 2020 as well. Even now as the rest of Europe frets about a big surge in cases, Finland has one of the lowest infection rates on the continent, although it has ticked up in the past two weeks.

Experts said Finland’s approach — and the similar one of Denmark and Norway — of shutting down rapidly but not totally to get the pandemic under control, and then reopening after a couple of months has been one of the most successful in Europe in this early stage of coronavirus.

“The shutdown was never absolute and we also opened relatively quickly for the summer — this may explain the effect on the economy which was less severe,” said Mika Salminen, director of health security at THL, the Finnish expert agency on health.

He added that whereas Sweden seemed to take a “more strictly utilitarian” approach with a different tolerance for risk, Finland’s cons ution strongly emphasises “the protection of life and health very high among the responsibilities of government”.

https://www.ft.com/content/61dccfaa-...c-dbe6d5b5b5f8

foldren is not smart.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finland has had 90 per cent fewer coronavirus deaths per capita than Sweden and its economy contracted by less in the first half of 2020 as well. Even now as the rest of Europe frets about a big surge in cases, Finland has one of the lowest infection rates on the continent, although it has ticked up in the past two weeks.

Experts said Finland’s approach — and the similar one of Denmark and Norway — of shutting down rapidly but not totally to get the pandemic under control, and then reopening after a couple of months has been one of the most successful in Europe in this early stage of coronavirus.

“The shutdown was never absolute and we also opened relatively quickly for the summer — this may explain the effect on the economy which was less severe,” said Mika Salminen, director of health security at THL, the Finnish expert agency on health.

He added that whereas Sweden seemed to take a “more strictly utilitarian” approach with a different tolerance for risk, Finland’s cons ution strongly emphasises “the protection of life and health very high among the responsibilities of government”.

https://www.ft.com/content/61dccfaa-...c-dbe6d5b5b5f8

foldren is not smart.
    Deaths per capita. Lolooloooloooloollooolol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Deaths per capita. Lolooloooloooloollooolol
    OK, just go by total deaths.

Sweden: 6406

Norway: 306

Finland: 375