Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I posted this in another thread but Keldon reminds me a lot of the late Bobby Phills. Bobby was an elite defender whose offensive game got better towards the end of his career before he was killed in a car accident. I think Keldon if he continues to work hard will be a better scorer than Phills. Keldon's the same exact height as Bobby, and his build is very similar. Bobby was a little big bigger but Keldon will be just as big as Bobby once his body fills out. Bobby played the SG position but at times he would play the SF. The Spurs should make Keldon primary position the SG that's where he has the biggest advantage on both ends due to his height and size.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That 3pt shot is so silky smooth damn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Something very particular about Keldon is that, despite his size & strength, he very rarely dunks the ball or finishes directly at the rim, much more often choosing to finish off the glass, even in situations where it might seem over-complicated and counterintuitive. Great sign to see, nowadays using the glass for finesse is almost a lost art, with most athletes coming into the NBA already able to dunk the rim off the hoop. His stroke from 3 is looking wet... And he'll have an entire off-season of working out the few kinks in his game. Really hard to not see him starting by next season, tbh, maybe even ahead of Lonnie (and hopefully both side by side alongside White, with DJ leading the bench).

Great point about using glass. The best finishers know all the glass angles.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    why he wears #3:
    "Growing up, I was the third child," Johnson said. "And when I was growing up, Chris Paul was my favorite player. I watched a lot of his highlights when I was younger."

no wonder he looks so natural on the court

the dude will be even better than i thought now that i know he was watching cp3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i am really surprised that he already looks more comfortable on the court than Lonnie ... with his strong body he looks much more durable than White and Murray who seem very injury prone ... add a 3 point shot and a bulldog mentality ala Patrick Beverly and we have found another gem ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why he wears #3:
    "Growing up, I was the third child," Johnson said. "And when I was growing up, Chris Paul was my favorite player. I watched a lot of his highlights when I was younger."

no wonder he looks so natural on the court

the dude will be even better than i thought now that i know he was watching cp3.
    Hope all his teammates don't hate him as they did Paul in LA and Houston.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope all his teammates don't hate him as they did Paul in LA and Houston.
    You saw how DeMar raved about Keldon after last night? It's like he just saw Jesus

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He needs to be a starter at the start of the next season. That will give him a confidence boost that will propel his game to the next level.
    This.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i am really surprised that he already looks more comfortable on the court than Lonnie ... with his strong body he looks much more durable than White and Murray who seem very injury prone ... add a 3 point shot and a bulldog mentality ala Patrick Beverly and we have found another gem ...
    To me, but looks like the Spurs and Walker are working on expanding his overall game and Keldon is just playing his. Walker's rebounds and assists have been invaluable in the last few games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You saw how DeMar raved about Keldon after last night? It's like he just saw Jesus
    True. It was more a joke about Paul than anything with KJ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta love his video descriptions lol

DownToBuck

25.9K subscribers

Maybe I've spent the last season or so being too hard on Spurs fans. I relentlessly attack them for having misplaced optimism towards their assortment of young talent who, in their minds, are all destined for multiple All-Star teams and the synthesis of a new "big three" which will restore glory to a Spurs team which hasn't had any for a few seasons now. I attributed this optimism to the fact that Spurs fans don't really know how to handle losing, so they react in illogical ways.

Keldon Johnson, in particular, was a point of disagreement by myself and the Spurs fanbase at large. While Spurs fans were convinced he was one of the major pieces to their puzzle, I'm sitting there thinking "this guy almost never scores in double digits and he was a late first round pick but he's supposed to be the next big thing? Typical delusional Spurs fans, yearning for the next Kawhi and not being able to accept that the next Kawhi isn't even currently on their roster."

Now I'm looking like a big dummy poopoo head because Keldon Johnson is playing well in The Bubb, something that Spurs fans all seemingly were expecting but I was not expecting at all. That will teach me to make judgements about players when I barely know anything about them and only go off basic counting stats that I spent five seconds on basketball-reference half-heartedly looking at before closing the tab. Then again, I'm still not going to take fanbase opinions as gospel because the homer glasses are permanently affixed to the faces of those guys. I own no such glasses and am able to form unbiased, if uninformed, opinions.

Now, who here is in agreement with me that Keldon Johnson is 100% the next Kawhi Leonard/Manu Ginobili hybrid and anybody who disagrees is a heretic who should be burned at the stake with a fire stoked by the corpses of fellow doubters?
    It’s funny, because coach Cal doesn’t always put the ball into the right guy’s hands at UK. Devin Booker scored 10 ppg at UK, but look at him now. You can’t always project NCAA production into NBA excellence. Guys you think are sure shots bust out, and guys who don’t show much can really blossom.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kedon would have averaged 50 ppg if he played in the 90s tbh

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon is so easy to get behind... Compared to the MUTE CANCER (Drew trademark)
    I found it easy to root for Number Two before the cancer part developed. But yeah, Keldon is looking like the real deal and I can't wait to see what he can do next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kedon would have averaged 50 ppg if he played in the 90s tbh
    he would have averaged 70 in the 80s tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He needs to be a starter at the start of the next season. That will give him a confidence boost that will propel his game to the next level.

Although, with Pop at the helm, I see that highly improbable.
    that wouldn't' be fair to bryn

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He weighs 230+ lLBS according to the team who I'm sure gave the info to Bonner.

Sure He'll "Fill out" just like Nephew Mute Cancer but that dude you posted was nothing more than a Nice Role Player and never weighed anything over 205 lbs
    Bobby was a good role player. He was a great defender from the start but his offense was pretty decent and he was a guy who could hit 3’s consistently. Keldon’s style of play on the defensive end definitely reminds me of him. Keldon has a chance to be a better offensive player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop thinks Keldon is a leader.

Pop has a spring in his step that he hasn't had for a long time -- he can visualize how this team will look when it gets good again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imma keep repeating it untill it sticks: yeah, he could play the 3, but, at his size and built, he would absolutely bully opposing SGs. And that's what we gotta search for: putting the kid in the absolute best position to succeed.
    He's a modern day NBA wing....the 2/3 distinction has been irrelevant for a while now tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he would have averaged 70 in the 80s tbh
    Easily imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    samanic would be larry bird in the 80s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

San Antonio Spurs
    spurs

4h
    these two were a couple of cheat codes yesterday #GoSpursGo | #WholeNewGame

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its so nice to see DeMar take on a mentoring role even if it results in his ultimate demise from the team. Say what you will about him as a basketball player but he does look like he's a good teammate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just rewatched his highlight reel, and twice, he just bullied DeMarre Carroll in the paint to score.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just rewatched his highlight reel, and twice, he just bullied DeMarre Carroll in the paint to score.
    How the did Carroll fall off the face of the earth so quickly? It's not like he's slower than he used to be. Why do coaches hate this dude?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information