Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Blame Coach Poop for propagating this shtick, tbh..Even with league cutting down on B2Bs, top tier players in their prime are now sitting them out en masse as early as November..This is happening on top of the general decline in minutes load logged by Stars in regular season compared to a previous decades..

Remember when Iverson and co. averaging in 40s MPG while playing 82 out of 82 games, season in, season out...

Today's NBA ..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Blame Coach Poop for propagating this shtick, tbh..Even with league cutting down on B2Bs, top tier players in their prime are now sitting them out en masse as early as November..This is happening on top of the general decline in minutes load logged by Stars in regular season compared to a previous decades..

Remember when Iverson and co. averaging in 40s MPG while playing 82 out of 82 games, season in, season out...

Today's NBA ..
    looks like this is one of those years where lebron missess 10 or so more games....

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I understand frustration of fans in town that teams visit 1x per year when players sit (entire opposite conference plus 40% of non-divisional opponents in conference). Silver did mention he'd prefer to have guys rest in home games but then stop scheduling ANY back to backs on the road. I'd rather play my studs at home as the home fans are the ones paying for season tickets and stock up on home wins. Fault is squarely on league for not acting till now, as it seems like they will now.

If you start a week earlier (the third Tuesday in October) you basically have 175 days or 25 weeks to fit in 82 games. If All Star break is 5 days on average for each team, still have 88 off days. Seems that schedule can be adequately spaced out to keep B2B to a minimum. Especially for national TV games. All it requires is cutting a few preseason games or (gasp) keeping the playoffs from having ridiculous three day rest periods in some series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I understand frustration of fans in town that teams visit 1x per year when players sit (entire opposite conference plus 40% of non-divisional opponents in conference). Silver did mention he'd prefer to have guys rest in home games but then stop scheduling ANY back to backs on the road. I'd rather play my studs at home as the home fans are the ones paying for season tickets and stock up on home wins. Fault is squarely on league for not acting till now, as it seems like they will now.

If you start a week earlier (the third Tuesday in October) you basically have 175 days or 25 weeks to fit in 82 games. If All Star break is 5 days on average for each team, still have 88 off days. Seems that schedule can be adequately spaced out to keep B2B to a minimum. Especially for national TV games. All it requires is cutting a few preseason games or (gasp) keeping the playoffs from having ridiculous three day rest periods in some series.
    I believe they're cutting the Pre-season in half next year so that should get rid of a few B2B games.

Also, they need to place majority of Back to back early in the season to avoid a drop off in quality late in the regular season where games are much more important and fans start to watch more games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    meh I thought this was gonna be a thread on Chimpbrooks pouting and kicking the ball.

Good for the players to refuse to play the owners ridiculous 82 game schedule.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Celtics and Pistons played B2B playoff games on a weekend in what was a very physical series in 87

today's NBA
    better athletes
    "but with today's advanced nutrition and training ..... "

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so is the cavs going to be fine like how the spurs rested against the heat one time?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem is any times teams like this are on the schedule the ticket prices get crazy expensive. This may be the only game a fan goes to all year and then the day of game they see the dudes they paid money to see aren't even playing. On the flip side now they can get really cheap tickets if they haven't purchased yet because of the news. Part of the reason why I always wait last minute to buy tickets

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    lol resting guys under 30 in a mid december game. ing weak

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Today's NBA ..
    Yep, and also remember Allen Iverson falling off a cliff at 32, while Tim Duncan has been playing on one foot until 40. Teams are just wisening up. Most of the regular season games are worthless, especially away to teams from the other conference.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can kind of see reasoning for LeBron, it's still pussy, but I can understand. Kyrie and Love are under 30 though

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    today's NBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, and also remember Allen Iverson falling off a cliff at 32, while Tim Duncan has been playing on one foot until 40. Teams are just wisening up. Most of the regular season games are worthless, especially away to teams from the other conference.
    AI has ty practice habits

Tim slowed down with age like any big men before him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol resting guys under 30 in a mid december game. ing weak

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Celtics and Pistons played B2B playoff games on a weekend in what was a very physical series in 87

today's NBA
    better athletes
    "but with today's advanced nutrition and training ..... "
    I can kind of see reasoning for LeBron, it's still pussy, but I can understand. Kyrie and Love are under 30 though
    Today's NBA

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    at thinking players weren't held out for rest in yesterday's NBA. The only difference is that teams used to make up bull "injuries" to justify holding them out instead of just admitting it was to let them rest. DNP-Resting happens in every sport, even the NFL. Teams have wised up to the fact that the playoffs are all that matters in sports and the regular season is just a glorified preseason.

If the NBA wanted to cut down on the practice, they'd shorten the schedule and do away with back-to-backs. But since they don't want to give up all that extra revenue, they're just going to have to deal with the fact that teams will do everything in their power to keep their players healthy.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    resting players in the BEGINNING of the ing season
    resting players in their primes
    less physical play and s still need rest

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    resting players in the BEGINNING of the ing season
    resting players in their primes
    less physical play and s still need rest

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

But to take it a step further ...I hate McHale but he made a great point on this what about that working man in Memphis who saves up his hard earned $ to buy a kid a ticket to see LeBron for xmas and he can't even get an autograph cuz he is not even in the building?! If he really needs the rest fine but go to the game sign some take some pics...sure not as good as playing but jeez ...this staying home bull that Pop and now Lue are doing is horse ...and only gives the LeBron will never touch Jordan crowd more ammo ...

Today's NBA , indeed

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    But to take it a step further ...I hate McHale but he made a great point on this what about that working man in Memphis who saves up his hard earned $ to buy a kid a ticket to see LeBron for xmas and he can't even get an autograph cuz he is not even in the building?! If he really needs the rest fine but go to the same sign some take some pics...this staying home bull that Pop and now Lue are doing is horse ...and only gives the LeBron will never touch Jordan crowd more ammo ...

Today's NBA , indeed

Jordan and Kobe embraced being the headliner in the opponents arena for the fans....This is pussy behavior these days.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    BTW LeBron is smart it may be pussy but smart ...however the previous GOAT SF still played even with a jacked up back and travelled to and played in back2backs
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 12-14-2016 at 01:01 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW LeBron is smart it may be pussy but smart ...however the previous GOAT SF still played even with a jacked up back and travelled t I and played in back2backs
    case in point : Celtics vs Pistons in 87

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    League should eliminate b2bs, tbh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kang trying to avoid injuries lol,Grizz are allowed to whoop up on people.
    Kang saw the buzzsaw the Warriettes went through a few days a go

His soft ass Eastern Conference hiding self wants none of that

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's put it this way,
    Hypothetically yer in a strip joint and you hit on the door mans ho in yer drunken stupidity,
    Who do you want as yer wingman Kang or Tony Allen?!?

Thread Information