Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Soo doo y'all ever think y'all have run out of arguments in this soccer vs stickball slinging fest?

I already said soccer would score goals as 3pts and give penalty kicks with 1 pt for most penalties.

Baseball should not count outs. Just have an inning end after 16 pitches. Offense can send anyone up to bat and can pull them off bat as well. Basically more like the Pokemon card game.
    That's basically cricket

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's all good. I like football (call it soccer, povertyball or whatever you like) and nothing you say/write bothers me or will change that. Obviously it's the same from your pov. I like a little talking and if you can bait some posters into argueing, good for you.
    Good luck in the Euro

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mid and his soccer obssession... speaking of mind blowing

Nobody asks you to like this sport and you are not going to convince anyone that this is a dumb sport no matter how hard you try.

Fact is soccer dominates the world of sports and it's not even close, biggest revenue, attendance, coverage... you name it

and again the third world jokes are outdated especially by today's US citizens... laughable at this point

OP "I'm gonna call it povertyball because only third worlders play it" meaning everybody except for a bunch of US insiders red necks who never crossed the frontier... OP is a Grown man acting like a 12 y/o kid

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Nobody asks you to like this sport and you are not going to convince anyone that this is a dumb sport no matter how hard you try.

Fact is soccer dominates the world of sports and it's not even close, biggest revenue, attendance, coverage... you name it

and again the third world jokes are outdated especially by today's US citizens... laughable at this point

OP "I'm gonna call it povertyball because only third worlders play it" meaning everybody except for a bunch of US insiders red necks who never crossed the frontier... OP is a Grown man acting like a 12 y/o kid
    You're taking this debate too seriously, my man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Brazil going balls deep

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're taking this debate too seriously, my man.
    no I'm not

just telling like it is

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

Here's the types of countries that love povertyball:

- Third-world South American holes
    - Third-world African holes
    - Cucked European countries who have been emasculated by Merkel and Brussels, and who have opened their borders wide to radical Islamists - in other words, countries that are trying to become third-world countries sooner rather than later

The name "povertyball" clearly strikes a nerve with you because it's true.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's the types of countries that love povertyball:

- Third-world South American holes
    - Third-world African holes
    - Cucked European countries who have been emasculated by Merkel and Brussels, and who have opened their borders wide to radical Islamists - in other words, countries that are trying to become third-world countries sooner rather than later

The name "povertyball" clearly strikes a nerve with you because it's true.
    you could have said "povertyball is for the whole world except for red necks like me"
    type of countries, you mean 99% of the world

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    you could have said "povertyball is for the whole world except for red necks like me"
    "Anyone who doesn't like midgetball is a redneck!"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Anyone who doesn't like midgetball is a redneck!"
    anyone who is not a US red neck eating nachos on his couch watching real football and beisbol is povertyball !"

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lefty post "the GIF"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think this is what irritates people about soccer fans. It's a kind of arrogance (an American arrogance, if you will) to assume because soccer is the dominant sport in Europe, it's the dominant sport everywhere.

Soccer is not a relevant sport in India and the surrounding countries like Pakistan and Bangladesh. The total population of that region is about 1.5 billion.

Soccer is not a relevant sport in the United States. Copa America matches featuring our national team were barely beating Women's softball in the ratings.

Soccer isn't relevant in Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa. China is hard to gauge, but the entire country is by no means crazy about it like a Brazil or Germany.

I would estimate that about 40% to 60% of the world's population would pick a sport other than soccer as their favorite, so come off the bull that it's only "red neck Muricans" who aren't interested in it. And the fact you qualify every American who doesn't share your love for soccer as a "red neck" is just as myopic of a mentality that foreigners always accuse Americans of.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good luck in the Euro

Thanks. If we beat Italia we'll win it all, which is great for me because I work for the DFB and expect a bonus...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    let me rephrase your post and basically show what your OP is about

I think this is what irritates people about US fans spitting on soccer. It's a kind of arrogance (an American arrogance, if you will) to assume because soccer is not the dominant sport in US, it's povertyball sport.

Soccer is a relevant sport in a vast majority of countries

Soccer is not a relevant sport in the United States so good fellows americans consider it's a third world sport.

Soccer is relevant in all countries in the world, some countries like India, New Zealand... it is not the number 1 but easily in a list of most popular sport in the country.

I would estimate that about 50% of the world's population live in a country where soccer is number one and 30% to 40% where soccer is a top 3 sport, so come off the bull of the american red necks that only "third worlders" are interested in it. And the fact you qualify every non American who doesn't share your hate for soccer as a "third worlder" is just as myopic of a mentality that americans always accuse rest of the world because of uneducated arrogance.
    see that was easy... a pretty good translation of your OP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    let me rephrase your post and basically show what your OP is about

see that was easy... a pretty good translation of your OP.
    Soccer a top 3 sport in New Zealand, Australia, Canada, etc

Australia: AFL, cricket, rugby union, rugby league, field hockey

New Zealand: Rugby Union, Cricket, Rugby League

Canada: Ice hockey, Canadian football, American football, baseball, basketball...

India is 99.999999999% cricket. So the number 2 sport over there (which is probably field hockey) will have little-to-no-relevance. Same thing with cricket countries in South Asia.

My point is that you think "we don't care about soccer" is a distinctly American thing when many other countries couldn't really give a about it, either.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    I mentioned this in another thread, but I'll say it again. The three major superpowers - the US, China and Russia - suck at midgetball and prefer real sports. , badminton () and table tennis () easily outrank poorball in China, let alone basketball.

As Mid mentioned, India is a cricket country, and Canada, New Zealand and Australia don't really give a about kickball either. Japan is all about baseball and wrestling.

This whole "soccer is the world's sport" mantra has always been a lie, spread by Eurotrash with an inferiority complex who want to elevate the one "sport" they're any good at. The reality is, if povertyball was anywhere near as big a deal as its fans claim it is, the compe ion and the appeal wouldn't be limited to Europe and the third world.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Soccer a top 3 sport in New Zealand, Australia, Canada, etc

Australia: AFL, cricket, rugby union, rugby league, field hockey

New Zealand: Rugby Union, Cricket, Rugby League

Canada: Ice hockey, Canadian football, American football, baseball, basketball...

India is 99.999999999% cricket. So the number 2 sport over there (which is probably field hockey) will have little-to-no-relevance. Same thing with cricket countries in South Asia.

My point is that you think "we don't care about soccer" is a distinctly American thing when many other countries couldn't really give a about it, either.
    my point remains brah... you can spin the you want and enter in details country by country, Soccer is the sport most popular in the world, whether you say it is true for only 40% of the countries or for 60% of the countries... this is irrelevant. Soccer is number one by a mile and it's not even close. That's a fact, you can go by number of countries, population, every single stuff and soccer is number 1, it is what it is.

My point has nothing to do with the fact americans don't care. I don't give a single about americans caring about soccer or not. The other countries that don't give a about soccer don't hate soccer and/or don't spend their time explaining to people who like soccer it sucks because you know draw is not cool, there are no scoring so it's boring etc etc...

But because you are an arrogant american you feel en led to call soccer fans third worlders and demonstrate how superior beisboll (popular in 6 countries) and football (popular in 1) are ?

You can LMAO'ing all the you want, it remains that's number one sport that continues to grow and entertain billions of people that certainly are not lucky enough to be american and smart enough to understand how ty it is

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    American sports fans only on povertyball in response to smug Eurocucks making fun of our sports. We wouldn't give a about your overglorified schoolyard game otherwise - but when you guys try to hold it up as being better than real sports like baseball and football, we're going to point out how ty it actually is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    my point remains brah... you can spin the you want and enter in details country by country, Soccer is the sport most popular in the world, whether you say it is true for only 40% of the countries or for 60% of the countries... this is irrelevant. Soccer is number one by a mile and it's not even close. That's a fact, you can go by number of countries, population, every single stuff and soccer is number 1, it is what it is.

My point has nothing to do with the fact americans don't care. I don't give a single about americans caring about soccer or not. The other countries that don't give a about soccer don't hate soccer and/or don't spend their time explaining to people who like soccer it sucks because you know draw is not cool, there are no scoring so it's boring etc etc...

But because you are an arrogant american you feel en led to call soccer fans third worlders and demonstrate how superior beisboll (popular in 6 countries) and football (popular in 1) are ?

You can LMAO'ing all the you want, it remains that's number one sport that continues to grow and entertain billions of people that certainly are not lucky enough to be american and smart enough to understand how ty it is
    I'm not challenging the fact soccer is the number one sport in the world. I was challenging your 99% figure, which implied "it's only redneck Americans who don't like soccer, the rest of the world loves 'the beautiful game' as much we do in France!"

It sounds like you're butthurt because someone actually had an opinion that didn't suck The Beautiful Game's figurative .

Or does the povertyball name really offend you that much?

What exactly is your issue here?

Also, at soccer fans never trying to demonstrate how superior The Beautiful Game is to American sports. Go to any youtube video of an NFL game, and there will likely be a soccer fan complaining about how we named it football and how there's only 11 minutes of playtime.

Clicked on a random video. Never fails

so im searching football but keep getting american rugby

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    American sports fans only on povertyball in response to smug Eurocucks making fun of our sports. We wouldn't give a about your overglorified schoolyard game otherwise - but when you guys try to hold it up as being better than real sports like baseball and football, we're going to point out how ty it actually is.
    And as I said in my latest post, this whole pissing contest was started by the fact that we named our football, football, which enrages petty foreigners for some reason. From that, comparisons between the sports begin.

When in fact, every English speaking country in the world who has a domestic football code that isn't soccer will call their sport "football." Aussie Rules Football, Gaelic Football, etc.

And they also rage about us calling it soccer, when it was the in' English who called it that first. Let's check out youtube for some "enlightened" foreigner commentary.

IT'S FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT SOCCER ING RE S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Every european says Football... South Americans also... and then Americans come and say soccer
    You mean football not soccer?
    im not against americans calling football soccer "let them live in ignorance" but calling a sport that you play with your hands football thats the most stupid and idiotic thing ever
    ^^^ From an English got, too. Too bad his superior English education didn't come with a lesson on how his country called it soccer (Association Football=soc, soccer) to distinguish it from Rugby (Rugger) football.

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    I wanna watch Clipper Nation and midnightpulp play "povertyball"

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    And as I said in my latest post, this whole pissing contest was started by the fact that we named our football, football, which enrages petty foreigners for some reason. From that, comparisons between the sports begin.

When in fact, every English speaking country in the world who has a domestic football code that isn't soccer will call their sport "football." Aussie Rules Football, Gaelic Football, etc.
    Their enlightened European minds can't comprehend the fact that all of those sports are called "football" because they are ball sports played on foot (as opposed to polo on horseback). It's not a reference to kicking.

"But, but, muh handegg! I'm so clever! Wake up, people, it's the current year!"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not challenging the fact soccer is the number one sport in the world. I was challenging your 99% figure, which implied "it's only redneck Americans who don't like soccer, the rest of the world loves 'the beautiful game' as much we do in France!"
    and I agree it is not 99%, does not change anything of the conversation tho. Soccer is clear cut number 1 but still only third worlders like it and it's povertyball game ? really ? you are more clever than that. I never implied only rednecks dislike soccer, I implied only rednecks would try to explain soccer sucks and beisboll is more interesting and if you don't agree you are a ******. France is not a good example of passion for soccer bro try Brazil, Spain, England, Argentina

It sounds like you're butthurt because someone actually had an opinion that didn't suck The Beautiful Game's figurative .

Or does the povertyball name really offend you that much?

What exactly is your issue here?
    That's funny because it seems you are butthurt by the fact I'm using the words red necks tbh. Red necks is offending you ? My issue is in my first post of this thread brah...

Also, at soccer fans never trying to demonstrate how superior The Beautiful Game is to American sports. Go to any youtube video of an NFL game, and there will likely be a soccer fan complaining about how we named it football and how there's only 11 minutes of playtime.

Clicked on a random video. Never fails
    You are the one in this thread making fun of soccer trying to demonstrate how superior beisboll is

at the go on youtube, you can find anything you want on youtube. But let me get this straight you created a thread here because of random guys post on youtube ? There are people mean to American sports so you want to defend american sports honor ? That's the point of your thread ?

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Keeping up with soccer recently also made me remember Wales is a country. I mean, it's not technically a country but I tended to just lump it in as another part of England, given how small it is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and I agree it is not 99%, does not change anything of the conversation tho. Soccer is clear cut number 1 but still only third worlders like it and it's povertyball game ? really ? you are more clever than that. I never implied only rednecks dislike soccer, I implied only rednecks would try to explain soccer sucks and beisboll is more interesting and if you don't agree you are a ******. France is not a good example of passion for soccer bro try Brazil, Spain, England, Argentina

That's funny because it seems you are butthurt by the fact I'm using the words red necks tbh. Red necks is offending you ? My issue is in my first post of this thread brah...

You are the one in this thread making fun of soccer trying to demonstrate how superior beisboll is

at the go on youtube, you can find anything you want on youtube. But let me get this straight you created a thread here because of random guys post on youtube ? There are people mean to American sports so you want to defend american sports honor ? That's the point of your thread ?
    I'm not bothered at all by you calling anyone rednecks. You're the one who usually comes into these threads and lectures us about calling soccer povertyball. I was only telling you that far more people aren't interested in soccer than just rednecks.

No. I created this thread here to troll Lefty and the soccer crew, who actually threw the first stone in this regard with their baseball threads.

And no, I'm not "offended" by them making fun of baseball. But you know me. You troll something I like (i.e. Kool with Duncan/Spurs), I will on something you like (i.e. Kobe/Lakers).

Again, don't take it so seriously.

Thread Information