• Mark Williams

5 3.55%
  • Tari Eason

1 0.71%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just one year, let’s go with my guy. Come on, Spurs. Draft JDub!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs trade down imo.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still a four names race in my opinion : sochan, duren, davis and daniels;

I will go with Sochan for the fit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Either a wing who can shoot and score or a 4/5 who can help or replace poodle power

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Sochan
    2. Daniels
    3. Mathurin
    4. Mark Williams

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Williams or Dieng.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    either Duren or Mathurin for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we trade down, then I think Dieng or Mark Williams will be the target.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which player is this year’s Sengun?

Fan favorite + believed to be picked before the Spurs position + passed up by the Spurs and falls into the late teens + causes casuals to be upset over missing out on an average player?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade all 3 plus next years first for AD

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still not backing off Dieng being the pick at 9.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Malaki Branham.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duren is still my pick. A young D Robinson build ….. body wise center piece.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duren is still my pick. A young D Robinson build ….. body wise center piece.

and pop can hide him in the g league

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trying to read too much into this but:

It would've been Duren then Mathurin but they go before #9 leading to a somewhat surprising pick of J. Davis in the end, who ends up being a really nice fit/piece.

So many possible paths, hard to tell. I could see Spurs interest in a Center being true, but in a twist, not necessarily limited to the draft like rumored. What if Spurs are shopping for a C, but get an established one in a trade instead? I'm not a fan of that Turner rumor though. But this would free up any used picks to be focused more on non bigs. Then if there is a pick swap situation on top of that trade, that shifts the whole player range depending on what is swapped back, thus we are all back to the drawing board on player scouting for guys not initially in Spurs range.

I feel like the reality will be some combo of trades and punted picks that no one foresaw exactly perfectly in any prediction. Looking to the flurry at the deadline as a sign that this isn't going to be your traditionally reserved Spurs type offseason moves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and pop can hide him in the g league
    Nah, the way the tea leaves read, if they get Duren Jacob is gone, and Collins Landale are getting renounced to go after Ayton

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which player is this year’s Sengun?

Fan favorite + believed to be picked before the Spurs position + passed up by the Spurs and falls into the late teens + causes casuals to be upset over missing out on an average player?

1000% Tari Eason

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ll say Duren. Heard Larry has told the Spurs Duren is David Robinson 2.0. 🤷🏻#♂️

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also think assuming you pick with the Spurs current positions, you wouldn't necessarily have to punt #38 or possibly even #25 due to too many incoming guys at the same time. Wouldn't you be able to feed 1-2 of these picks into Austin for a season or two, especially if they are the type of raw projects typically available at #25/#38. This would allow Spurs to pick #9 and #20 and focus development on them properly while still utilizing #25 and #38 without overloading the staff or log jamming the depth chart tbh. Might be to the brim but wouldn't that distribute projects around enough, and you could stagger them into the lineups if they polished up or cut them relatively easily if they became surplus to requirements. Could even become trade assets as throw in ballast or sweeteners depending on how well they surprise with development. There's a few guys around #25 & #38 that seem worth the effort if they are still available at those picks despite the 3-4 total new guys at once being possibly unmanageable.

I say remain open to maybe flipping one of the firsts for a 23 FRP, I am intrigued by that strategy of pushing picks down to another year, especially if you get to the last 2 picks and zero dream fallers or likely targets are there and no one really catches your interests to much.

Also very open to including picks in a trade if it brings back the goods or considering advantageous pick swaps on their own or part of a larger trade if the deal is too good to pass up.

But everyone keeps saying there's a limit to staff and I could see that, you def don't want to miss on development opportunities because you bit off more than you can chew. I'm just wondering if you jettison the latter 2 picks to Austin G League wouldn't that offset the burden on development staff enough to go ahead and use all 4 picks?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ill go DD @9 i guess-Duren/Davis

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope it's Duren because that would mean we are trading Poeltl for a starting PF most likely. Poeltl is the one player who's skillset can easily be replaced by a rookie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1000% Tari Eason
    Tari Eason is not a fan favorite. Look at the poll.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My pick is Davis
    Who I suspect FO would pick is Sochan

I wouldn’t be disappointed on either Sochan or Duren. Part of me roots for Duren with what Coach Larry Brown is saying about him, could be the biggest should’ve been the pick if Spurs didn’t

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Take the player with the highest upside. We aren't getting anything through FA and we don't with with Dejonte and his backup. I hated the way the Samanic pick turned out, but at least they were swinging for potential

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs picking Duren would be huge because of the implications:

- what embracing a non Spurs type player means in terms of a new vision for the Spurs and a different approach going forward from traditional Spurs norms (I feel like SA rarely gravitates towards lob threat type bigs imho)

- aside from that philosophical change for the Spurs operational approach, a more literal rebrand on the court as well because a player like Duren and his skillsets would drastically change the way SA plays the game. (more lobs?)

- Poeltl is probably gone, and high value outbound should mean high value inbound. Poeltl is a decent asset and could bring back something interesting

Duren would seem to signal a distinct and very purposeful redirection. Really fits the stated priority of maximum future flexibility as well. Deals with an upcoming hindrance in Poeltl getting paid and having to run the numbers on where the value lies there. Fresh start feeling.

Thread Information