San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So pop hardly gives becky day to say stuff
    What a ing control creep

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Read the other threaad. Its too unbelievable that pop or anyone would on a coach like the article. This is a pr spin.
    That or it's a former Spurs staffer who had a grudge. I can't imagine anyone currently with the organization saying such things about any current staff member, even one given permission to interview for a head coaching position elsewhere.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah the Spurs have never talked about anybody when it comes to coaching. Pop was defending Brett Brown to the media after going like 10 and 72. And now all of a sudden we are going to say negative about a woman who could become the first female coach in NBA history? That makes zero sense. This is Portland throwing against the wall and hoping nobody looks too hard into this. They hired a rapist over Becky and are now having to justify why.

I hope Pop comes out and says nothing but glowing things about Becky to shut up these bs rumors. Too many people/organizations have been taking shots at the Spurs and it makes one wonder if they ever respected us in the first place

well said and 100% correct

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our new coach may be Lloyd Pierce......he has a sharp bball mind! Pop loves him..

If I were to guess it would be Becky or the other assistant on the Olympic basketball team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My guess is that Pop hasn't told anyone what he plans to do and so the assistants are all weighing their options. Becky may be next in line, but doesn't know when that might be. Pop was supposed to follow Tim into retirement but he didn't follow through with that. Maybe the assistants think he's going to stay there forever.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't imagine anyone with the team cautioning against her. , has any Spurs assistant had a hard time finding a better job? Freaking Jim Boylan somehow didn't have enough bad things a said about him to prevent him getting a full time head gig and he's the guy who forgot to put Kawhi back in the game in the second half.

Jacque Vaughn somehow went from a second row intern to head coach of the magic after a long career as an uncreative backup who couldn't pass or shoot. He couldn't even make the front row.

People in the org would talk her up. Because the lower guys all want to advance. Whether that's going with her or moving up the ladder in SA after she's gone.

And other people in the org would be glad to be rid of her if she wasn't good at her job. Because then there would be no backlash for firing her as an assistant.

Not claiming she's a coaching genius. It's beyond strange that Pop refused to make her the #1 assistant as far as coaching when he's ejected, but that may be down to Pop's unreliable coaching a en at this stage. If Pop didn't want her around he wouldn't protect Olshey from making that mistake, he's no buddy of his.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I were to guess it would be Becky or the other assistant on the Olympic basketball team

1. Jay wright
    2. B-ham

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if you believed that bunch of crap, and think also that’s how the Spurs operate,

then I’ve got some nice ocean front property in Scottsdale to sell you
    fine, take away the Spurs stuff entirely and you're still left with corroboration from other league sources.

I'll readily admit I don't like her but I am hoping she finds employment elsewhere so she doesn't work here. But you seem to be dismissing it out of hand as though there's the slightest possibility she just isn't the right coach for the post-Pop era.

I've made it clear I stopped rooting for her the second she didn't take a knee with the team. Was completely inexcusable to me. plus she's not the most qualified and seems just to want to break the threshold of being the first rather than sticking around to build her knowledge under Pop.

long story short, I want her out so I wish she had gotten the job.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is some bull . This is a hit piece orchestrated out of the Portland side; Spurs ranks don’t leak garbage like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good for Boston. Bad for SAS.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fine, take away the Spurs stuff entirely and you're still left with corroboration from other league sources.

I'll readily admit I don't like her but I am hoping she finds employment elsewhere so she doesn't work here. But you seem to be dismissing it out of hand as though there's the slightest possibility she just isn't the right coach for the post-Pop era.

I've made it clear I stopped rooting for her the second she didn't take a knee with the team. Was completely inexcusable to me. plus she's not the most qualified and seems just to want to break the threshold of being the first rather than sticking around to build her knowledge under Pop.

long story short, I want her out so I wish she had gotten the job.

what An absolute load of horse

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've made it clear I stopped rooting for her the second she didn't take a knee with the team. Was completely inexcusable to me.
    Wait, I don’t remember that. Was it just her or the whole coaching staff?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    she stood with pop

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The other coaches did. Everyone did. But she stayed standing next to Pop while crying. Pop gets a pass given who he is and as outspoken as he's been on these issues. Her? Not so much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what An absolute load of horse
    so your contention is that it's absolutely impossible she's rubbed ppl the wrong way around the Spurs organization? Or around the League, as the article states?

You realize that Portland's owner, a lady, publicly stated she wanted them to be "trail blazers" in hiring the first woman.

I'm well sourced on all my claims. You just seem to pull your hopes from your ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so your contention is that it's absolutely impossible she's rubbed ppl the wrong way around the Spurs organization? Or around the League, as the article states?

You realize that Portland's owner, a lady, publicly stated she wanted them to be "trail blazers" in hiring the first woman.

I'm well sourced on all my claims. You just seem to pull your hopes from your ass.
    A lot of his "sources" have been wrong too. I guess his source is the hot dog vendor guy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The other coaches did. Everyone did. But she stayed standing next to Pop while crying. Pop gets a pass given who he is and as outspoken as he's been on these issues. Her? Not so much.
    Kind of surprised that she'd care so much about the USA flag and anthem considering she sold the country out to play for Russia in the Olympics to get $$$

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO, this says two things:

1) Pop is indeed retiring. Think about it. It’s going to be a pain to look for new assistant coaches all over again. With Hardy gone, and Becky almost out, who else does he have to take under his wings? Coaching next season will have less purpose.

2) the next head coach will not come internally. Becky was almost gone. If they were serious about keeping these two, neither coach would look outside. I mean, unless Pop remains for a few more years, which would be insane. Pop allowed his assistant coaches to coach by committee this past season. I’d assume that was to lessen his workload. Is he really going back to shouldering all the responsibility?

How does Hardy think he’s going to land a head coaching job going from learning under Pop to learning under Ime? This is a big hint for something.
    If you've learned one thing over the past 20+ years of Pop's tenure, it should be that you cannot peg Pop using your own reasoning. Pop has his own timeline and motives, and I can imagine he would be just as motivated by having new coaching talent as having new playing talent. He's a teacher.

Get Paycheck, Get Drunk HankChinaski's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kind of surprised that she'd care so much about the USA flag and anthem considering she sold the country out to play for Russia in the Olympics to get $$$
    I thought she didn't make the USA team but wanted to compete in the olympics hence why she joined the russian squad. I would have to go back an look all this up because I am not absolutely certain on it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you've learned one thing over the past 20+ years of Pop's tenure, it should be that you cannot peg Pop using your own reasoning. Pop has his own timeline and motives, and I can imagine he would be just as motivated by having new coaching talent as having new playing talent. He's a teacher.
    I don’t disagree with you. I’m not suggesting my post was anything more than speculation. I enjoy digging into things deeper, and bringing fresh ideas for discussion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought she didn't make the USA team but wanted to compete in the olympics hence why she joined the russian squad. I would have to go back an look all this up because I am not absolutely certain on it.
    That's correct. It was opportunistic which is ing USA if i ever saw it.

Get Paycheck, Get Drunk HankChinaski's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's correct. It was opportunistic which is ing USA if i ever saw it.
    That made me laugh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So pop hardly gives becky day to say stuff
    What a ing control creep
    There's a reason "BeCkY DiDnT GaMEPlaN 2DaY, It wAs TIm" was suddenly a thing when Pop was ejected while Becky was lead assistant for the first time.

It was literally never a thing before that. It was always the next assistant up after Pop.

Go on. Find an instance where it wasn't Bud, Messina, etc who took over the nights when Pop was ejected. Suddenly the rules changed when it was Becky's turn.

Nuh uh. You're going to break glass ceilings when POP says it's time, .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brett Brown will take over in San Antonio.

This is harsh reality.
    Bret took over in the depths of The Process, and did a good job of developing the young players, but was fired for not making the ECFs. Guess what? They still haven’t made the ECFs.

Thread Information