Page 140 of 171 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150 ... LastLast
Results 3,476 to 3,500 of 4270
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giannis is a giant compared to everyone in the draft. I don’t think even Scottie Barnes has a chance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ayton is thought of as a decent interior defender, but it’s obvious the proper archetype to slow down Giannis is someone more mobile than him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Question is, what player do you draft to stop or slow down Giannis?

perimeter defense won’t be of much help, he’s not much of a shooter

he is dominant inside, so you get a player who has good interior defense.

to me, that’s Isaiah Jackson.

someone quick enough and covers enough space to counter his euro steps inside.

but also someone smart enough not to foul him, meaning good interior d fundamentals (meaning Kai is out)

basically a 4/5 who isn’t a stiff

this is all down the road of course, if the Bucks are still contending years later, we have someone to develop into a Giannis stopper later on

I think Sengun would be abused. Franz has a chance, but he might be too handsy and get fouled out. So it depends on if he’s smart enough not to be careless with his arms.

makes me think about raising Isaiah up a tier. Maybe, maybe not.

Whoever is closest to Bam/ Young Horford. Garuba, Barnes, Sims, Grey

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Milwaukee won deservedly and Giannis is an incredible player, but they faced an underwhelming Phoenix team and got past the Nets when they were injured. Not saying they won't be there in the future again, but basing your draft on trying to stop one single player, who we will never face in the playoffs, doesn't seem wise. Stick with needing defenders, if anything, who can switch, go over screens, mess with pick-n-rolls, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

but also someone smart enough not to foul him, meaning good interior d fundamentals (meaning Kai is out)

this is all down the road of course, if the Bucks are still contending years later, we have someone to develop into a Giannis stopper later on

I think Sengun would be abused. Franz has a chance, but he might be too handsy and get fouled out. So it depends on if he’s smart enough not to be careless with his arms.

Garuba by far the most appropriate.

Maybe Barnes or Wagner.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Before worrying about Giannis, Spurs have a bigger question, who is the core who will take them to the playoffs. Once the Spurs reach the playoffs, they can get guys for specific opponents.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The days of spurs looking for players to stop specific players are long gone lol. We just need good players period.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Should be focused on drafting the next Giannis not stoping him. This team is headed for a relocation based on the current trajectory. Greece might be a nice destination; Santorini Spurs anybody?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whoever is closest to Bam/ Young Horford. Garuba, Barnes, Sims, Grey
    Luka Samanic

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

To me, Garuba has the best chance. He’s probably not what we need at #12, but I see him being very useful to contenders.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The days of spurs looking for players to stop specific players are long gone lol. We just need good players period.
    Beyond dumb. How about make the playoffs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I understand not getting a player whose only task is to stop Giannis

It would be nice to find someone who can match Giannis pound for pound on the offensive

but the NBA story has always been about giants facing giants

PHX lost because no one could stop Giannis

if LA was the matchup, the story would be LeBron vs Giannis and every 1 on 1 instance would be looked at closely

If you get a star like Sengun, but he’s being abused left and right by Giannis, you have to sit him down. What’s the solution then?

IMO, you need a guy who can hold the fort down on defense at least somewhat comfortably. Thats what a core piece has to be able to do if we are looking at long term. Look at flawed superstars like Simmons where you have to go through the trouble of masking his weaknesses

can you find that guy at 12? It’s possible but very difficult. Say Jackson does pan out, yeah we’re not expecting him to be like Giannis on offense, but maybe he won’t be such a liability that you have to sit him down. And then on offense, make sure he’s being utilized to his strengths and run post moves or face ups or whatever.

just food for thought
    Last edited by Dejounte; 07-21-2021 at 03:07 PM.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I understand not getting a player whose only task is to stop Giannis

It would be nice to find someone who can match Giannis pound for pound on the offensive

but the NBA story has always been about giants facing giants

PHX lost because no one could stop Giannis

if LA was the matchup, the story would be LeBron vs Giannis and every 1 on 1 instance would be looked at closely

If you get a star like Sengun, but he’s being abused left and right by Giannis, you have to sit him down. What’s the solution then?

IMO, you need a guy who can hold the fort down at least somewhat comfortably

can you find that guy at 12? It’s possible but very difficult. Say Jackson does pan out, yeah we’re not expecting him to be like Giannis on offense, but maybe he won’t be such a liability that you have to sit him down. And then on offense, make sure he’s being utilized to his strengths and run post moves or face ups or whatever.

just food for thought
    I’m intrigued by Jackson. Maybe he has some untapped Kentucky magic? But for this discussion, he seems so thin that he would be abused by Giannis. Garuba, to me, projects to be the ultimate defender. Great lateral quickness, great hands, kong arms, super strong. Perfect for the Lebron/Giannis/Kawhi freaks. Or as close as one can hope for. But, maybe Jackson would be better for us, in theory.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m intrigued by Jackson. Maybe he has some untapped Kentucky magic? But for this discussion, he seems so thin that he would be abused by Giannis. Garuba, to me, projects to be the ultimate defender. Great lateral quickness, great hands, kong arms, super strong. Perfect for the Lebron/Giannis/Kawhi freaks. Or as close as one can hope for. But, maybe Jackson would be better for us, in theory.

he does seem thin. I guess it comes down to core strength. As long as he doesnt get constantly knocked on his ass like Poku.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t really think Garuba has the size. Yeah, he has long arms but I feel like Giannis is still twice as big that he’ll easily have his way with him.

plus, like I said on the point of giants facing giants— i remain unconvinced Garuba has a realistic development path to becoming an offensive focal point. His handle is nonexistent. No evidence of post move skills. Not explosive to create shot opportunities. I think his trajectory is a Draymond type without the secondary playmaking skill.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm feeling Sengun or Kai Jones right now if either are available at 12.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just hope they didn't already assume Jakob spot as starting C is set in stone.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know I was making the devil's advocate case for Kispert months ago, but I cringe hearing his (and Giddey's) name in relation to the the Spurs this close to the draft, when the mocks attempt to be more rumor than opinion based.

If they're not planning on swinging for the fence, then just trade down, get multiple picks and go with high floor role players like Butler and Murphy III, who have a chance to be non liability players.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know I was making the devil's advocate case for Kispert months ago, but I cringe hearing his (and Giddey's) name in relation to the the Spurs this close to the draft, when the mocks attempt to be more rumor than opinion based.

If they're not planning on swinging for the fence, then just trade down, get multiple picks and go with high floor role players like Butler and Murphy III, who have a chance to be non liability players.
    I kinda feel the same way.... I keep trying to tell myself that there 'could' be plans in FA that would lend itself towards taking Kispert at #12 that might make it make more sense.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm feeling Sengun or Kai Jones right now if either are available at 12.
    me too bro!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody can guard Giannis one-on-one. You make him beat you, not the entire team..... and then turn-off the a/c and hope for the best

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody can guard Giannis one-on-one. You make him beat you, not the entire team..... and then turn-off the a/c and hope for the best
    Lol!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Know we have some fans in the house for each prospect listed here. Pacers.com has the full interviews uploaded now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is Wasserman's (Bleacher Report) current mock up to the Spurs:

Detroit Pistons: Cade Cunningham

Houston Rockets: Jalen Green

Cleveland Cavaliers: Evan Mobley

Toronto Raptors: Jalen Suggs

Orlando Magic: Scottie Barnes

Oklahoma City Thunder: James Bouknight

Golden State Warriors (via Wolves): Moses Moody

Orlando Magic (via Bulls): Jonathan Kuminga

Sacramento Kings: Franz Wagner

New Orleans Pelicans: Corey Kispert

Charlotte Hornets: Kai Jones

San Antonio Spurs: Josh Giddey

He has OKC picking Sengun at #16.

I actually think the first 11 picks may be close to spot on. Not sure I agree about Giddey.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is Wasserman's (Bleacher Report) current mock up to the Spurs:

Detroit Pistons: Cade Cunningham

Houston Rockets: Jalen Green

Cleveland Cavaliers: Evan Mobley

Toronto Raptors: Jalen Suggs

Orlando Magic: Scottie Barnes

Oklahoma City Thunder: James Bouknight

Golden State Warriors (via Wolves): Moses Moody

Orlando Magic (via Bulls): Jonathan Kuminga

Sacramento Kings: Franz Wagner

New Orleans Pelicans: Corey Kispert

Charlotte Hornets: Kai Jones

San Antonio Spurs: Josh Giddey

He has OKC picking Sengun at #16.

I actually think the first 11 picks may be close to spot on. Not sure I agree about Giddey.
    If it comes to between Giddey and Sengun... I go Sengun 7 days out of 7.

Thread Information