Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By rumors anyways Spurs have tried to trade up unsuccessfully at times and been fortunate that the player they were targeting has fallen to them.

I think it would depend on the draft. If they saw a player they liked a lot, possibly attainable in a move up, likely gone if they didn’t and nothing in their range they were keen on they’d be trying to pull the trade trigger. Let’s say for instance they were really high on Little or Hachimura.
    I think they are high on Little and Hachimura, which means they would have to trade up to #10-12

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they are high on Little and Hachimura, which means they would have to trade up to #10-12
    I hope they aren't too high on either, because I don't see a lot that separates either from a bunch of SF prospects could be available around 19. Obviously, though, I haven't access to the player interviews...

But PJ Washington. KZ Okpala. Darius Bazley. Brandon Clarke. Hachimura and Little both played PF in college because they lacked the skill set for SF... If we are including PF's (rather than SF's), you can add Samanic to the available (not to mention actual Big - Kabengele, Goga, Claxton...).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bump

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good value, would've guessed that Johnson would go 19 and Samanic at 29.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s got star potential. We should package 19, Forbes and 49 to go up and get him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t we have enough defensive 6’6”ish in the roster? Murray, White, Walker.. okay even Demar plays D. Why? We needed Little, Roby,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So hes def spending next season in austin

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s not demars height ; he doesn’t want to play defense! Johnson is a hungry type player and will be a dog!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ginosteps all 6'6'' team coming into focus

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol I mean... I definitely knew he was worth drafting, and the Spurs agree. Also I don’t like Forbes. LMAO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same thing here, Imo he could be a sf in the nba. He has the size for and will need some bulk like timvp said.

A good option at 19.
    Crazy that we got him at 29 and not 19. the way he's played so far he would've been a steal at 19.

glad we got him.

Sorry for the bump just looking back at some of the comments for last years prospects and how it has turned out so far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love how he’s proving literally all of the described weaknesses to be wrong - ballhandling has been better than advertised, he’s most definitely not soft around the rim and his shooting looks great, while he certainly seems like he can grow into a plus defender. Hopefully he continues to improve at the same rate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love how he’s proving literally all of the described weaknesses to be wrong - ballhandling has been better than advertised, he’s most definitely not soft around the rim and his shooting looks great, while he certainly seems like he can grow into a plus defender. Hopefully he continues to improve at the same rate.
    So who is this year's Keldon? And who is this year's Nassir Little (who was hyped up then and now doesn't look like anything special)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bumps like these are always affirmations of why i always take ST with a grain of salt, and why i'm best keeping my mouth shut if i don't really know all that much about a player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bumps like these are always affirmations of why i always take ST with a grain of salt, and why i'm best keeping my mouth shut if i don't really know all that much about a player.
    I agree. I was dismissive of the guy and didnt bother to watch him back then. Last year changed my whole process on how to evaluate players for sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So who is this year's Keldon? And who is this year's Nassir Little (who was hyped up then and now doesn't look like anything special)
    Can’t say I know much about college basketball but I like Cassius Stanley as someone who might have more potential than his role in Duke suggested. He might be available at 41.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. I was dismissive of the guy and didnt bother to watch him back then. Last year changed my whole process on how to evaluate players for sure.
    to be fair, talent evaluation isn't easy. and i do appreciate any analysis. which is why i still come to this site.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most organizations knew that Little was a coke head. The Spurs would have avoided him like COVID.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I read Hachimura didnt do so great after February either

Thread Information