Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have helped Demar. He isn’t a choker like before. Still can’t carry a team, but at least he shows up.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Short term this team would take a step back without Derozan but long term the team has a higher ceiling getting 48 minutes out of a legit stretch 4, which isn't Derozan.

Sometimes you got to take a step backwards to take a step forward. Sometimes you forget your car keys and have to go back into the house to get them...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have helped Demar. He isn’t a choker like before. Still can’t carry a team, but at least he shows up.
    How do we know? He couldn't even make the playoffs last year in a weak west...even the thunder made the 6th seed with a washed up chris paul leading them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We’ve seen demar in the playoffs. It’s not pretty.
    At all!

https://albumizr.com/a/9Bli

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Team would be bottom feeders without DeStar. I like the youth but it's clear than not one of them is even close to being ready to carry an offense the way DD can, tbh.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Team would be bottom feeders without DeStar. I like the youth but it's clear than not one of them is even close to being ready to carry an offense the way DD can, tbh.
    L o LLLL

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO Demar is a supremely talented offensive player and playmaker but his inability to stretch the floor and poor defense nearly offset his positives. Spurs are marginally better with him but the ceiling is still the same-1st round fodder for a contender. They should have either extended him already or traded him by this point. Leaving things in neutral or purgatory isn't helpful but the Spurs seem to love that passive "less is more" approach. I would like to see the Spurs move on from Derozan and embrace the younger core.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3-1 without DeRozan and Aldridge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO Demar is a supremely talented offensive player and playmaker but his inability to stretch the floor and poor defense nearly offset his positives. Spurs are marginally better with him but the ceiling is still the same-1st round fodder for a contender. They should have either extended him already or traded him by this point. Leaving things in neutral or purgatory isn't helpful but the Spurs seem to love that passive "less is more" approach. I would like to see the Spurs move on from Derozan and embrace the younger core.
    The Spurs need to trade him already. Get a 1st rounder for him. Like you said, his absence will prove to have minimal impact (if any), and the upside could be huge if one (or more) of the young guys step up to be reliable primary options.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs need to trade him already. Get a 1st rounder for him. Like you said, his absence will prove to have minimal impact (if any), and the upside could be huge if one (or more) of the young guys step up to be reliable primary options.
    A really big thing about not having DeRozan, is that you can automatically move most of our young players down a position by adding a true PF, and elevate all of their games just by that change alone. Keldon would be feasting as a strong-built SF, and playing him with Vassell at SG alongside DJ will be a nightmare to opposing offenses. Luka looks like he could develop into that lengthy, perimeter-oriented 3&D PF we'd need, but it's gonna take some time. The hope is that DJ, Derrick, or even Lonnie keep growing to a level where they can, at least collectively, replace DeMar's offensive output... And they're not all that far, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR is the one that forces Spurs to be small, Use his $$ and LMA's $ to get PFs and small centers who can run and jump and defend and maybe even shoot a bi. Keldon moves to the 3 where he should be and you have plenty of guards.

Turning over DDR and LMA into maybe 3 rotation big dudes and hope collectively the Spurs catch lighting in a bottle AND END UP BEING SOMETHING

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeMar is the HOTS right now. The problem is that if you keep him you'd have to move one of the young guys. With White and Murray starting and splitting PG duties with the bench you can't bring all of Lonnie, Vassell and Keldon off the bench, plus Samanic should be the PF for the 2nd unit next season. I wouldn't want to move any of them to be honest. All this team needs is a starting PF and a back up C

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade DeRozan, Aldridge, Gay and Patty. Get at least one PF, one SF, and one C through the trades/draft/free agency.

Murray
    Vassell
    Keldon
    PF
    Poeltl

White
    Walker
    SF
    Samanic
    C

It would be fun to watch this young team fight for a playoffs spot while improving on the fly to who knows what heights.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade DeRozan, Aldridge, Gay and Patty. Get at least one PF, one SF, and one C through the trades/draft/free agency.

Murray
    Vassell
    Keldon
    PF
    Poeltl

White
    Walker
    SF
    Samanic
    C

It would be fun to watch this young team fight for a playoffs spot while improving on the fly to who knows what heights.
    Ding ding ding
    We have a winner

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs need a star offensive talent on their roster. We've got great young players, but not really anyone who can do what DeRozan can do on offense. If you watch the amount of attention he draws from defenses, even when he's not scoring he ends up making the game easier for his teammates. There's very few players in this league who can do what Demar can inside the 3 point line.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Murray
    Vassell
    Keldon
    PF
    Poeltl

White
    Walker
    SF
    Samanic
    C

Patty is the guy they've entrusted with passing the "Spurs Way" on to the next generation. He'll end up retiring a Spur.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs need a star offensive talent on their roster. We've got great young players, but not really anyone who can do what DeRozan can do on offense. If you watch the amount of attention he draws from defenses, even when he's not scoring he ends up making the game easier for his teammates. There's very few players in this league who can do what Demar can inside the 3 point line.
    This guy gets it.

Imagine if we didn't have DDR and he was one of the few gets in the free agency market this summer. And he was suggesting a move to the Spurs would be attractive. This board would be losing their minds. Instead, as per the "Spurs fans all over Spurs players" corllary, everyone wants to dump him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Pistons is one of the worst teams in the league. I don't think tonight's performance will translate to more competent teams
    Following night:

Pistons 116 Raptors 112
    The game before the Spurs, the Pistons took the Brooklyn gots and led 91-90 with just over 2 minutes to go before losing by 5.

Just sayin.

Bottom line we need to play the Young Core vs the Better Teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy gets it.

Imagine if we didn't have DDR and he was one of the few gets in the free agency market this summer. And he was suggesting a move to the Spurs would be attractive. This board would be losing their minds. Instead, as per the "Spurs fans all over Spurs players" corllary, everyone wants to dump him.
    The Spurs would be lucky if Demar picked San Antonio. Aldridge had to decide between Spurs and Suns and because his kids go to school here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs would be lucky if Demar picked San Antonio. Aldridge had to decide between Spurs and Suns and because his kids go to school here.
    Lamar "3rd Round once in his career with Nephew holding his hand" Aldridge.
    And look what happened when Nephew was no longer able to hold.

BFD

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy gets it.

And if any of the young guys end up being a star on offense like DeMar is, it'd be widely celebrated. He's slept on by ST for sure. I think a lot of people's evaluation of him is still based on his TOR days, before he became more efficient and a great playmaker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy gets it.

lol no. It would happen exactly what happened when we heard we were trading for him. The folks that know what's up would be on the verge of suicide.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And if any of the young guys end up being a star on offense like DeMar is, it'd be widely celebrated. He's slept on by ST for sure. I think a lot of people's evaluation of him is still based on his TOR days, before he became more efficient and a great playmaker.
    He was pretty efficient in Toronto too, tbh, but he's just an all around negative player whenever he doesn't have the ball. Can't play off ball and doesn't even try to defend.

What happened to mi hermano that knew Boris Diaw was better than David Lee?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR is the only player who can convince a FA to hey here in 2022. Our young guns wont atract anyone outside this forum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And I don't see Spurs signing any of them.

20-21 RS Without DDR: L @ Min, W @ OKC, L @ OKC, W vsORL, L @PHI, W @ DET, W @CHI Anybody watched these games could notice the huge impact DeRozan absence has on Spurs ofense. DDR leaves and Spurs offense will sink.

DeRozan is not amazing but he's better than anybody the Spurs could sign this summer. And this team has found a style and chemistry pivoting around him.

Thread Information