My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Owners like Steve Ballmer can take the kinds of deductions on team assets — everything from media deals to player contracts — that industrialists take on factory equipment. That helps them pay lower tax rates than players and even stadium.
    At a concession stand at Staples Center in Los Angeles, Adelaide Avila was pingponging between pouring beers, wiping down counters and taking out the trash. Her Los Angeles Lakers were playing their hometown rival, the Clippers, but Avila was working too hard to follow the March 2019 game.

When she filed taxes for her previous year’s labors at the arena and her second job driving for Uber, the 50-year-old Avila reported making $44,810. The federal government took a 14.1% cut.
    On the court that night, the players were also hard at work. None more so than LeBron James. The Lakers star was suffering through a painful strained groin injury, but he still put up more points and played more minutes than any other player.

In his tax return, James reported making $124 million in 2018. He paid a federal income tax rate of 35.9%. Not surprisingly, it was more than double the rate paid by Avila.

The wealthiest person in the building that night, in all likelihood, was Steve Ballmer, owner of the Clippers. The evening was decidedly less arduous for the billionaire former CEO of Microsoft. He sat courtside, in a pink dress shirt and slacks, surrounded by friends. His legs were outstretched, his shoes almost touching the sideline.

Ballmer had reason to smile: His Clippers won. But even if they hadn’t, his ownership of the team was reaping him massive tax benefits.

For the prior year, Ballmer reported making $656 million. The dollar figure he paid in taxes was large, $78 million; but as a percentage of what he made, it was tiny. Records reviewed by ProPublica show his federal income tax rate was just 12%.
    LINK

Ballmer, Cuban, Dolan, Gilbert, Holt, and others like these crooks need to have their franchises stripped from them. Owning NBA teams is like their side hustle. How can they only pay 12% in taxes?

SMH

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LINK

Ballmer, Cuban, Dolan, Gilbert, Holt, and others like these crooks need to have their franchises stripped from them. Owning NBA teams is like their side hustle. How can they only pay 12% in taxes?

SMH
    if you are rich enough to afford to hire the best Jewish accountants/tax attorneys, they will make sure your tax rate is minimal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If James truly paid 36% he seemingly needs a new CPA and financial team. With his money he can do all kinds of totally legal things.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if you are rich enough to afford to hire the best Jewish accountants/tax attorneys, they will make sure your tax rate is minimal.
    Sad but true.

The poor mooch, the rich benefit, and the middle class suffers and pays for all of it. # TheUSA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LINK

SMH
    The more money you make the more you pay in taxes (proportionately) unless you are so rich you can lobby for yourself so that you pay less than those living under the poverty line. If you’re rich enough you can pay nothing and become the PotUS.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True. And they don't necessarily have to be Jewish though.

Big Four accounting firms know how to get it done, tbh.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The more money you make the more you pay in taxes (proportionately) unless you are so rich you can lobby for yourself so that you pay less than those living under the poverty line. If you’re rich enough you can pay nothing and become the PotUS.
    ...& leave Hillary Clinton where you found her, dead in the ground.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If James truly paid 36% he seemingly needs a new CPA and financial team. With his money he can do all kinds of totally legal things.
    I think in a few years Tim's guy might get out of prison. He could easily lower James' tax burden but maybe not the %.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is some silly, poor-me .

You cannot convince me Lebron James isn't wealthy enough to afford a decent CPA and financial advisor. He's probably got half his family and most of his friends on the payroll. I'd bet Ballmer doesn't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You cannot convince me Lebron James isn't wealthy enough to afford a decent CPA and financial advisor. He's probably got half his family and most of his friends on the payroll. I'd bet Ballmer doesn't.
    He did, which is why he pays so little.

He’s not rich (or powerful) enough to lobby for rule changes to his own benefit though.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Bron is worth almost double as Jeannie Buss

Will be a billionaire by this time next year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bron is worth almost double as Jeannie Buss

Will be a billionaire by this time next year
    His owner are the chinese.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    His owner are the chinese.
    English really isn't your first language huh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    English really isn't your first language huh?
    Nope. And neither is yours.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Nope. And neither is yours.

Thread Information