Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think without shutdowns it's inevitable this virus rages this fall/winter.

Vaccines aren't 100%. Even by the best current data we will see quite a number of fully vaxxed hospitalizations/deaths. I think that's why the Administration is pushing so hard for boosters before they even have the data to justify it.
    I don't know how justified it is, but if it's not going to hurt me sign me up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boosters are not happening this year. Maybe next wave but ppl will see vaccines are just being mandated for evonomic reasons. Ppl should wake up
    Economic purposes is in line with health reasons. We cannot remain a viable nation if we fail economically.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know how justified it is, but if it's not going to hurt me sign me up.
    I don't have any problem getting a booster once I see some real safety data. Right now all we've seen is look how much it jacks up your antibody response. That may be a good thing or a bad thing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boosters are not happening this year. Maybe next wave but ppl will see vaccines are just being mandated for evonomic reasons. Ppl should wake up
    Cat's out of the bag. A lot of my wife's pts have already gotten a booster. It makes me wonder about the CDC's data on new vaccinations since many of them are pretending they're not vaccinated at the pharmacy in order to get their boost. It's become the vaccine wild west out there she tells me.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cat's out of the bag. A lot of my wife's pts have already gotten a booster. It makes me wonder about the CDC's data on new vaccinations since many of them are pretending they're not vaccinated at the pharmacy in order to get their boost. It's become the vaccine wild west out there she tells me.
    LOL how does that work? When I got my two shots I had to give a SSN.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know but she's had more than a few calls of people saying they're trying to get their booster and they need help. By the time she calls them back they say "Oh I went to a different pharmacy and they gave it to me". I don't think they give the details of how they lied their ass off at the pharmacy.

It's not like the US has some great centralized database to track this stuff in real time.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You're always talking out your ass. You must like the view from in there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know but she's had more than a few calls of people saying they're trying to get their booster and they need help. By the time she calls them back they say "Oh I went to a different pharmacy and they gave it to me". I don't think they give the details of how they lied their ass off at the pharmacy.

It's not like the US has some great centralized database to track this stuff in real time.
    If we don't have a good database healthcare providers can access for COVID shot information it really makes me question the numbers of hospitalized / dead listed as vaccinated then. If vaccination status is just reported on the honor system I imagine a lot of unvaccinated people are telling their doctors and nurses they got the shots when they go into the hospital in the hope of not pissing off their caretakers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're always talking out your ass. You must like the view from in there.
    I have been talking from in your ass the last couple of days cubby.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    imo, schools must not be shut down - the harm to kids educationally, socially, etc. is far greater than covid. I hate that this media builds up and builds up the covid numbers and when they go down (like here in S. Florida) - not a peep out of them.

And this forcing of vaccines (federally) is terrible - lots of people who are vaccinated are catching covid despite masks/vaccines. People need to stop with the hype - if you choose not to be vaccinated, that's the chance/risk you take but imo, all this "choice" where abortion is concerned needs to be applied to vaccines too - you can't have it one way for abortion and another for vaccines.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    imo, schools must not be shut down - the harm to kids educationally, socially, etc. is far greater than covid. I hate that this media builds up and builds up the covid numbers and when they go down (like here in S. Florida) - not a peep out of them.

And this forcing of vaccines (federally) is terrible - lots of people who are vaccinated are catching covid despite masks/vaccines. People need to stop with the hype - if you choose not to be vaccinated, that's the chance/risk you take but imo, all this "choice" where abortion is concerned needs to be applied to vaccines too - you can't have it one way for abortion and another for vaccines.
    So we're in agreement the vaccinations should be mandated in Texas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve been working in public since day one of this without any break. I’m living in bonus time, I could care less what happens to me but for my wife.

Tbqh, I’m scared for my grandkids, who are in school right now.
    lol i know how u feel buddy, i work in food manufacturing fcmg, which supplies most of the frozen process food in ur large supermarkets and fastfood outlets like kfc/mcdonalds, been working last 15months non stop...cause the country even though in quarantine shutdown economy still needs to eat.. now im at home isolating for 14 days cause of brothers workplace has a idiot with covid, so his workplace and any household members who live with them employees needs to stay home 14 days... at leasts i got a break but not a break i wanted to take now, cause ive ac ulated alot of paid leave for usage at a later date...its a waste now

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We really have to do our best to keep schools open. Masks and vaccinated teachers.
    It will more likely be a fat unvaccinated teacher who would die hater aide.
    Some of these teachers are into derplike otherworld beliefs as these nutty nurses and a few doctors who need to lose their license.
    Fire a cop, fire a teacher.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve been working in public since day one of this without any break.
    And yet, has time to post here 24/7.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Economic purposes is in line with health reasons. We cannot remain a viable nation if we fail economically.
    They should go ahead and say that then and let ppl decide

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh sure ppl.have been getting boosters.

I took my dad 2 months ago to get a Moderna booster

I.have no issues with anyone getting 10x.boosters.a month.their body their choice their show of an immune system

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im one and done tho.

1 Janssen. No mas

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    And yet, has time to post here 24/7.

ha, ha, Winester got his ass broke. ha, ha.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    We really have to do our best to keep schools open. Masks and vaccinated teachers.
    It will more likely be a fat unvaccinated teacher who would die hater aide.
    Some of these teachers are into derplike otherworld beliefs as these nutty nurses and a few doctors who need to lose their license.
    Fire a cop, fire a teacher.
    At least 75 more salad days, peeg.

I'm a totin'!!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we don't have a good database healthcare providers can access for COVID shot information it really makes me question the numbers of hospitalized / dead listed as vaccinated then. If vaccination status is just reported on the honor system I imagine a lot of unvaccinated people are telling their doctors and nurses they got the shots when they go into the hospital in the hope of not pissing off their caretakers.
    Well I think that's why we don't have good CDC data on the current situation in the US. It's takes them a long time to get all the data together. Always a step behind.

So we are basing decisions off of Israel & UK data, both with good centralized systems. Honestly I'm not sure what to make of the conflicting vaccine efficacy data from the those two. On one hand, I'm distrustful of Israeli data because they are Pfizer's and the CEO made it clear he wanted to sell boosters before there was data to support them. On the other hand, the UK did the delayed 2nd shot so are generally closer to their most recent vaccination. Whether or not the UK efficacy data will hold true through the winter, only time will tell.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I have been talking from in your ass the last couple of days cubby.
    True, but I stuck back today, by God.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Oh yeah I’m sure @/Justin_Hart has a very credible medical opinion on the matter.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh yeah I’m sure @/Justin_Hart has a very credible medical opinion on the matter.
    There's a link on that tweet. If you want to critic the study I'd like to hear what you have to say.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is UK even vaccinating kids under 18?

Thread Information