Page 711 of 1631 FirstFirst ... 2116116617017077087097107117127137147157217618111211 ... LastLast
Results 17,751 to 17,775 of 40770
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're going in circles. I told you already that I simply won't take your word for it, back it up.

Like I said from the very begging, it's your conspiracy theory and you received every opportunity to back it up, but apparently cannot.

It's your claim, you're the one that has to support it. I supported mine.
    It doesnt matter to what you "think" its obvious you don't get numbers.

Its not a claim. Its a fact that states backlog data.

Also a fact - states use covid antibody tests to count death as covid. Now that's science!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It doesnt matter to what you "think" its obvious you don't get numbers.

Its not a claim. Its a fact that states backlog data.

Also a fact - states use covid antibody tests to count death as covid. Now that's science!
    No, I get numbers, what's obvious is that you can't back up your own claims, you even said you had direct quotes, but you produced nothing here. You keep making claims like your last sentence backed up by nothing.

On the other hand, we have the CDC actually explaining to you how death certs and counts work...

Delays in reporting

Provisional counts of deaths are underestimated relative to final counts. This is due to the many steps involved in reporting death certificate data. When a death occurs, a certifier (e.g. physician, medical examiner or coroner) will complete the death certificate with the underlying cause of death and any contributing causes of death. In some cases, laboratory tests or autopsy results may be required to determine the cause of death. Completed death certificate are sent to the state vital records office and then to NCHS for cause of death coding. At NCHS, about 80% of deaths are automatically processed and coded within seconds, but 20% of deaths need to manually coded, or coded by a person. Deaths involving certain conditions such as influenza and pneumonia are more likely to require manual coding than other causes of death. Furthermore, all deaths with COVID-19 are manually coded. Death certificates are typically manually coded within 7 days of receipt, although the coding delay can grow if there is a large increase in the number of deaths. As a result, underestimation of the number of deaths may be greater for certain causes of death than others.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/c...ed%20mortality

...which s all over you conspiracy theory. Even if it takes 8 weeks to get the data in, the data eventually makes it into the system.

The problem here is you making up, and not backing it up. It has nothing to do with anybody else. You were just in a thread where it appears that Florida is undercounting, and not a peep from your sorry ass.

If you have a political bone to pick, just say so. It's a lot simpler than just embarrassing yourself.

I'll respond again once you brought up the evidence you promised.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, I get numbers, what's obvious is that you can't back up your own claims, you even said you had direct quotes, but you produced nothing here. You keep making claims like your last sentence backed up by nothing.

On the other hand, we have the CDC actually explaining to you how death certs and counts work...

Delays in reporting

Provisional counts of deaths are underestimated relative to final counts. This is due to the many steps involved in reporting death certificate data. When a death occurs, a certifier (e.g. physician, medical examiner or coroner) will complete the death certificate with the underlying cause of death and any contributing causes of death. In some cases, laboratory tests or autopsy results may be required to determine the cause of death. Completed death certificate are sent to the state vital records office and then to NCHS for cause of death coding. At NCHS, about 80% of deaths are automatically processed and coded within seconds, but 20% of deaths need to manually coded, or coded by a person. Deaths involving certain conditions such as influenza and pneumonia are more likely to require manual coding than other causes of death. Furthermore, all deaths with COVID-19 are manually coded. Death certificates are typically manually coded within 7 days of receipt, although the coding delay can grow if there is a large increase in the number of deaths. As a result, underestimation of the number of deaths may be greater for certain causes of death than others.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/c...ed%20mortality

...which s all over you conspiracy theory. Even if it takes 8 weeks to get the data in, the data eventually makes it into the system.

The problem here is you making up, and not backing it up. It has nothing to do with anybody else. You were just in a thread where it appears that Florida is undercounting, and not a peep from your sorry ass.

If you have a political bone to pick, just say so. It's a lot simpler than just embarrassing yourself.

I'll respond again once you brought up the evidence you promised.
    lololololol you are not smart. Bwahahahaha that has NOTHING to do with daily fatality or case counts. Bwahahahhahahahahahahaahahhahaha

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lololololol you are not smart. Bwahahahaha that has NOTHING to do with daily fatality or case counts. Bwahahahhahahahahahahaahahhahaha
    Lol. If you don't understand that cases and fatalities reported daily
    /thread

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was thinking about the weirdness of the protests vs, the corona this morning as I was driving in to work. The City of San Antonio issues a permit for 1000+ protesters to walk arm in arm all over downtown, but won't let high school kids have a graduation? How asymmetrical is that?
    It's part of the plan to help Biden win urban districts.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pretty much. You copy and pasted provisional death counting that has nothing to do with daily case or fatality reporting . Bwahahahhahahhahahahah

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    No new coronavirus cases reported in Lake of the Ozarks partiers, health official says

https://www.foxnews.com/health/no-ne...mpression=true

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You copy and pasted provisional death counting that has nothing to do : cry
    says who? you?

Bwahahahhahahhahahahah

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope I read your copy and pasted post that didn't even address the question at hand. Lol mr. Provisional. Bwahahhahah you....
    Lockdown caused more deaths than it saved, a Nobel laureate scientist said on Saturday, as he predicted the UK would emerge from Covid-19 within weeks.

Michael Levitt, a Stanford University professor who correctly predicted the initial trajectory of the pandemic, sent messages to Professor Neil Ferguson in March telling the influential government advisor he had over-estimated the potential death toll by "10 or 12 times".

The Imperial College professor's modelling, a major factor in the Government's apparent abandoning of a so-called herd-immunity policy, was part of an unnecessary "panic virus" which spread among global political leaders, Prof Levitt now tells the Telegraph.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you have a beef with Ferguson, is that it? Again, we're still waiting your 'evidence' that the data is manipulated. Crickets so far.

Don't expect anything at this point, other than muhahahaha and deflections in the form of personal attacks.

The only thing we've established so far is that you have a conspiracy theory you can't back up. Called it!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you have a beef with Ferguson, is that it? Again, we're still waiting your 'evidence' that the data is manipulated. Crickets so far.

Don't expect anything at this point, other than muhahahaha and deflections in the form of personal attacks.

The only thing we've established so far is that you have a conspiracy theory you can't back up. Called it!
    not a conspiracy theory. Just simple math. Tell us more about provisional deaths while you think you are addressing validity of daily counts. Lol you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was thinking about the weirdness of the protests vs, the corona this morning as I was driving in to work. The City of San Antonio issues a permit for 1000+ protesters to walk arm in arm all over downtown, but won't let high school kids have a graduation? How asymmetrical is that?
    political pressure. Always been about threats to re election for elected officials

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No new coronavirus cases reported in Lake of the Ozarks partiers, health official says

https://www.foxnews.com/health/no-ne...mpression=true
    Well they meant 2 more weeks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're right. A scientific model should just assume we're gonna do some random, unarticulated , without any level of detail or precision, and rely on that assumption in spitting out figures that will be used to make social policy. You don't think through before you hit post, do you?
    The model? No. You? yes.

You're not the model.

Model the NBA game

"Memphis started out on a 10-0 run against the Warriors... the model says the game will end with Memphis shutting out the Warriors 110-0"

Vy65 "You'd have to conclude that Memphis is no doubt the favorites to win it all this year"

Then... 2nd quarter, Warriors are up by 25.

Vy65 "So the model didn't have all the data, so since the Warriors overcame that deficit and now hold a 25 point lead, you'd have to conclude a team that can score that many points that fast is the hands down favorite to win it all this year"

"muh models"

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Nope, I posted a published study that's not been retracted nor debunked. I'll take the L and apologize when it is.

In the meantime, I'm going to bask in the glory of my W.
    basking in the glory of your W

Retraction: "Hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine with or without a macrolide for treatment of COVID-19: a multinational registry analysis"

Statement from The Lancet

Today, three of the authors of the paper, "Hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine with or without a macrolide for treatment of COVID-19: a multinational registry analysis", have retracted their study. They were unable to complete an independent audit of the data underpinning their analysis. As a result, they have concluded that they "can no longer vouch for the veracity of the primary data sources." The Lancet takes issues of scientific integrity extremely seriously, and there are many outstanding questions about Surgisphere and the data that were allegedly included in this study. Following guidelines from the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) and International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE), ins utional reviews of Surgisphere’s research collaborations are urgently needed.

The retraction notice is published today, June 4, 2020. The article will be updated to reflect this retraction shortly.

After publication of our Lancet Article,1 several concerns were raised with respect to the veracity of the data and analyses conducted by Surgisphere Corporation and its founder and our co-author, Sapan Desai, in our publication. We launched an independent third-party peer review of Surgisphere with the consent of Sapan Desai to evaluate the origination of the database elements, to confirm the completeness of the database, and to replicate the analyses presented in the paper.Our independent peer reviewers informed us that Surgisphere would not transfer the full dataset, client contracts, and the full ISO audit report to their servers for analysis as such transfer would violate client agreements and confidentiality requirements. As such, our reviewers were not able to conduct an independent and private peer review and therefore notified us of their withdrawal from the peer-review process.We always aspire to perform our research in accordance with the highest ethical and professional guidelines. We can never forget the responsibility we have as researchers to scrupulously ensure that we rely on data sources that adhere to our high standards. Based on this development, we can no longer vouch for the veracity of the primary data sources. Due to this unfortunate development, the authors request that the paper be retracted.We all entered this collaboration to contribute in good faith and at a time of great need during the COVID-19 pandemic. We deeply apologise to you, the editors, and the journal readership for any embarrassment or inconvenience that this may have caused

https://www.thelancet.com/lancet/art..._medium=social

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Governments and WHO changed Covid-19 policy based on suspect data from tiny US company

Surgisphere, whose employees appear to include

a sci-fi writer

and

adult content model,

provided database behind Lancet and New
    England Journal of Medicine hydroxychloroquine studies

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...oxychloroquine

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Retraction: "Hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine with or without a macrolide for treatment of COVID-19: a multinational registry analysis"

Today, three of the authors of the paper, "Hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine with or without a macrolide for treatment of COVID-19: a multinational registry analysis", have retracted their study. They were unable to complete an independent audit of the data underpinning their analysis. As a result, they have concluded that they "can no longer vouch for the veracity of the primary data sources." The Lancet takes issues of scientific integrity extremely seriously, and there are many outstanding questions about Surgisphere and the data that were allegedly included in this study. Following guidelines from the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) and International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE), ins utional reviews of Surgisphere’s research collaborations are urgently needed.

The retraction notice is published today, June 4, 2020. The article will be updated to reflect this retraction shortly.

After publication of our Lancet Article,1 several concerns were raised with respect to the veracity of the data and analyses conducted by Surgisphere Corporation and its founder and our co-author, Sapan Desai, in our publication. We launched an independent third-party peer review of Surgisphere with the consent of Sapan Desai to evaluate the origination of the database elements, to confirm the completeness of the database, and to replicate the analyses presented in the paper.Our independent peer reviewers informed us that Surgisphere would not transfer the full dataset, client contracts, and the full ISO audit report to their servers for analysis as such transfer would violate client agreements and confidentiality requirements. As such, our reviewers were not able to conduct an independent and private peer review and therefore notified us of their withdrawal from the peer-review process.We always aspire to perform our research in accordance with the highest ethical and professional guidelines. We can never forget the responsibility we have as researchers to scrupulously ensure that we rely on data sources that adhere to our high standards. Based on this development, we can no longer vouch for the veracity of the primary data sources. Due to this unfortunate development, the authors request that the paper be retracted.We all entered this collaboration to contribute in good faith and at a time of great need during the COVID-19 pandemic. We deeply apologise to you, the editors, and the journal readership for any embarrassment or inconvenience that this may have caused

the process is self correcting

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TSA already posted. Nevermind

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HCQ doesn't appear effective as prophylaxis

https://www.statnews.com/2020/06/03/...ed-study-says/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    COVID-19 Can Last for Several Months

The disease’s “long-haulers” have endured relentless waves of debilitating symptoms—and disbelief from doctors and friends.

When I spoke with LeClerc on day 66, she was still experiencing waves of symptoms.

“Before this, I was a fit, healthy 32-year-old,” she said. “Now I’ve been reduced to

not being able to stand up in the shower without feeling fatigued.

I’ve tried going to the supermarket and I’m in bed for days afterwards. It’s like nothing I’ve ever experienced before.”

support groups on
    Slack and Facebook host thousands of people like LeClerc, who say they have been wrestling with serious COVID-19 symptoms for at least a month, if not two or three.

Most have never been admitted to an ICU or gone on a ventilator, so their cases technically count as “mild.”

But their lives have nonetheless been flattened

by relentless and rolling waves of symptoms that

make it hard to concentrate, exercise, or perform simple physical tasks.

Most are young.

Most were previously fit and healthy. “

“Even reading a book is challenging and exhausting.

What small joys other people are experiencing in lockdown—

yoga, bread baking—are beyond the realms of possibility for me.”

are trapped in a statistical limbo, uncounted and thus overlooked.

COVID-19
    affects many different organs—that much is now clear. But in March, when many long-haulers were first falling sick with gut, heart, and brain problems, the disease was still regarded as a mainly respiratory one.

As many people reported “brain fogs” and concentration challenges as coughs or fevers.

Some have experienced hallucinations, delirium, short-term memory loss, or strange vibrating sensations when they touch surfaces.

Others are likely having problems with their sympathetic nervous system, which controls unconscious processes like heartbeats and breathing:

They’ll be out of breath even when their oxygen level is normal, or

experience what feel like heart attacks even though EKG readings and chest X-rays are clear.

“Every day you wake up and you might have a different symptom.”

The isolation of the pandemic has been hard enough for many healthy people.

But it has exacerbated the foggy minds, intense fatigue, and perpetual fear of erratic symptoms that long-haulers are also dealing with.

“It plays with your head, man,”

These are people you’re trying to get serious help from, and they don’t even understand your reality,”

“My anxiety is thought-based,” but with COVID-19, “the physical symptoms happen first,”

others have noted that their symptoms reappear when they try to regain a measure of agency by cleaning, working out, or even doing yoga.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/06/covid-19-coronavirus-longterm-symptoms-months/612679/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campai gn=atlantic-daily-newsletter&utm_content=20200604&silverid=NjMwMjkwN jYyOTQ2S0

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Short lived basking after all. Promise made is promise kept. I'm holding to this L dearly.

Also, apologies to Darrin.
    TSA DarrinS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Short lived basking after all. Promise made is promise kept. I'm holding to this L dearly.

Also, apologies to Darrin.
    TSA DarrinS
    As I posted the other day, no apology necessary. Science should never be politicized.

I posted an article today showing HCQ doesn't prevent covid-19. I have no investment in HCQ one way or the other. If it doesn't work, fine. Move on to something better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the process is self correcting
    I think that's a bit of a misnomer. Self correcting would mean they never released the paper in the 1st place.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I posted the other day, no apology necessary. Science should never be politicized.

I posted an article today showing HCQ doesn't prevent covid-19. I have no investment in HCQ one way or the other. If it doesn't work, fine. Move on to something better.

Thread Information