Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Absolutely since inside the 3 point line you do actually have to defend Demar and you do not have to defend simmons at all unless he is right under the rim and he is so in his head about his free throws you don't even really have to defend him their because he legit runs away from the ball on offense...which is hilarious when he is supposed to be the point guard

Absolutly no place for Simmons in SA unless he is playing center. We have even less outside shooting to put around him than Philly does .

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For me? Doesn't move the needle. If we had him, I'd be trying to trade him for picks.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds great to me and I think it improves both teams. Unfortunately Philly considerably overvalues Simmons cause he was a no-brainer #1 overall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would Demar in there instead of Simmons won them game 5? Yes

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Demar is a better offensive player, but a much worse defensive player. But he can make free throws and jumpshots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would Demar in there instead of Simmons won them game 5? Yes

Cleraly youve never watched demar in the postseason

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For me? Doesn't move the needle. If we had him, I'd be trying to trade him for picks.
    i agree. simmons would just be another player that shrinks the floor when we need more players that can stretch it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I read an article where Simmons has taken just 4 shots outside the restricted area in the Hawks series. That is restricted area, not paint. And he made one of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeMar’s most famous postseason moment in his career came when he got benched.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeMar’s most famous postseason moment in his career came when he got benched.
    Same as Simmons

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your comment is too cliche. Do you care to expand on that?

Not as a 1st option as mentioned previously, but as a 2nd or 3rd option in a contender, I think Demar would be great.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    both teams would be worse

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your comment is too cliche. Do you care to expand on that?

Not as a 1st option as mentioned previously, but as a 2nd or 3rd option in a contender, I think Demar would be great.

Your comment is too homer...tomato tomatoe

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this guy is a fkn scrub player... does all on offense, and when he makes a dunk its like he made the biggest basket of his life shouting whoever was on his poster...fck this scrub

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Having seen the trade scenario online where we get Simmons in exchange for DJ, Lonnie, Vassell and 2 firsts... I have to ask... who the f values Simmons like this? I honestly feel that DJ > Simmons, and I want no part of a "star" guard who gets benched in the clutch because he can't shoot over 40% at the FT line.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Having seen the trade scenario online where we get Simmons in exchange for DJ, Lonnie, Vassell and 2 firsts... I have to ask... who the f values Simmons like this? I honestly feel that DJ > Simmons, and I want no part of a "star" guard who gets benched in the clutch because he can't shoot over 40% at the FT line.
    I would trade Simmons for DJ and some filler. That would give us some size, make it so Simmons guards the 4’s defensively instead of overmatched KJ. And push everyone back to their true comfort zone. White, Lonnie, KJ, Simmons and Dieng as the starters. No way in would we give up a pick though. That would be atrocious. The guy is being benched by his own coach

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Between Poeltl and Simmons, we'd have 41M tied up in our center. And neither can space the floor. Offensively, Simmons could potentially be used in the same way peak Golden State used Draymond Green, except Green is a much better shooter, which is an ugly thing to write.

Poeltl is obviously the better screener and rim protector. Simmons could really speed up the offense and allow the ball to move. And we have the right roster for speed. We'd need much more shooting.

I haven't looked if there are any possibilities, but a three team trade that sent Poeltl to one destination, pick/player from that team and pick(s) SA to Philly, and Simmons to Spurs might be possible.

Moving Poeltl in Simmons deal is also helpful from a cap perspective. Spurs would still have ~34M in cap left over and could still explore DeRozan sign and trades with other teams. The DeRozan sign and trade I think is most likely is Kuzma and Lakers '21 pick (chosen for Spurs with no tampering whatsoever) for DeRozan. DeMar goes home and gets to compete alongside LeBron and AD. Spurs getting a shooting four and draft compensation.

Simmons + Duncan Robinson(?) + Kuzma without giving up any of our perimeter players. Not bad. I actually might prefer Poeltl to Simmons, tho. Better payroll number, anchors D, adds a lot to our pick and roll team offense.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even though the Raptors betrayed him i could see Demar going back there to finish his career. Either that or Lakers, Miami. There is no scenario in which we end up with Simmons, zero. Morey will go for a pg like Lillard, i could see Morey throwing some picks to go along with Simmons to get Lillard tbh, thats what i would do.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know, but Simmons has really lost a lot of value in this Hawks series. Dude playing scared, huge offensive limitations, and just seems lost. Joel needs another running mate, and, spoiler alert, it can’t be Seth Freaking Curry likes it’s been these last few games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could see DDR in Portland as a #2 to Lillard.
    He makes them better. Maybe McCollum and filler/pick? Maybe just straight up.
    If a 3rd team got involved, we might get a player in a position of need. PF!!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't see Portland doing that but, if you could get McCollum and pry Collins out of Atl with a max offer then you've got a real interesting team next year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't see Portland doing that but, if you could get McCollum and pry Collins out of Atl with a max offer then you've got a real interesting team next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see Spurs wanting anything to do with McCollum contract. Actually a 3 way deal where Simmons goes to Portland, McCollum and DDR go to Sixers, and Spurs get Covington, Hill, and Seth Curry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see Spurs wanting anything to do with McCollum contract. Actually a 3 way deal where Simmons goes to Portland, McCollum and DDR go to Sixers, and Spurs get Covington, Hill, and Seth Curry.
    Yes! I’d love that. This idea has the potential of making all 3 teams better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons won't shoot the ball in the fourth quarter in a seven game series for the ECF. Don't see people knocking down their door in Philly. He wasn't the only one not shooting open shots on that team.

Thread Information