Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    BBC consistently puts out great crime shows. I'm currently watching these two and they're excellent.

Killing Eve - U.S. expat in London trying to catch a Russian assassin (who is hot btw). Sandra Oh plays the cop and does a great job. But the assassin makes the show. Attractively psychopathic.
    The show blends in some subtle comedy and it's an easy watch. 45 min. episodes that fly by. Wish I would have waited for the series to end so I could have binged it.
    8/10

Line of Duty - 4 seasons so far. Focuses on AC 12 (British equivalent of an Internal Affairs division). Lots of twists. Each season has one main plot but the plots seem to be intertwined in something much larger.
    8/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    Will check them out

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'd start with Killing Eve. You'll know in one episode if it's your thing or not.

Line of Duty is a little more demanding. Some lulls. Especially Season 2. But I just finished Season 3 and it was very good.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Avante will be disappointed when he realizes what this thread really is about tbh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Avante will be disappointed when he realizes what this thread really is about tbh
    Lol.

I still giggle a bit whenever I type in "bbc.com".

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    I'd start with Killing Eve. You'll know in one episode if it's your thing or not.

Line of Duty is a little more demanding. Some lulls. Especially Season 2. But I just finished Season 3 and it was very good.
    That was my thought process, so i started with LOD first so i wouldnt be disappointed. Im starting season 3 now. Once im done I'll give Killing Eve a glance

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Just seeing the le and the participants on this thread.

I hope it's not what it could be.
    Not reading.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    That was my thought process, so i started with LOD first so i wouldnt be disappointed. Im starting season 3 now. Once im done I'll give Killing Eve a glance
    I just finished the 4th of LOD. I've probably come down some on it. I'd still give it a 7 but I find myself picking it apart too much. And it's providing a little too much opportunity to do so.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Big Baby /сunt?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    IDK...I should have finished these before rating.

Killing Eve is still good but I think both of these shows are probably 7.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    I really enjoyed Line of Duty. Yeah, it's far from perfect but I love the "Red Riding"-feel to it. Hastings is solid gold during interrogations, I just hope they don't end up corrupting his character in Season 5...but I feel it's inevitable since the "H" mystery is technically still there, as well as him being a Mason. It would be like The Wire senselessly ruining McNulty's character in Season 5

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I really enjoyed Line of Duty. Yeah, it's far from perfect but I love the "Red Riding"-feel to it. Hastings is solid gold during interrogations, I just hope they don't end up corrupting his character in Season 5...but I feel it's inevitable since the "H" mystery is technically still there, as well as him being a Mason. It would be like The Wire senselessly ruining McNulty's character in Season 5
    Glad you liked it. Right on about Hastings. He's great. I can't see them throwing him under the bus but then again, I can. My least favorite character is Fleming. They keep killing off the ones that interest me.

But little doubt they'll keep the Masonic plot going.

Good show but the biggest LOL to me was Fleming chasing the Rover on foot and making that shot. Wtf.

And also Fleming still being able to go under cover. I was thinking the young drunk chick cop was going to have a bigger role and maybe take her place.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Finished Killing Eve recently and have to lower my initial rating. Pretty uneven and had to make myself finish it. They should have focused more on the Russian chick and her handler. The chick carries the show. And less on Sandra Oh's character. Instead of 50/50, make it 80/20.

Probably 6.5/10.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I value my time too much why waste it watching TV shows.

Sports, CNN, Movies and the History Channel, is about it.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Finished Killing Eve recently and have to lower my initial rating. Pretty uneven and had to make myself finish it. They should have focused more on the Russian chick and her handler. The chick carries the show. And less on Sandra Oh's character. Instead of 50/50, make it 80/20.

Probably 6.5/10.
    You have had some really good recommendations so the board credit is there.
    We can’t all possibly like the same stuff but you got solid takes.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You have had some really good recommendations so the board credit is there.
    We can’t all possibly like the same stuff but you got solid takes.
    Gracias. I've watched/read things several things that I would have missed had a ST poster not recommended.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Probably 6.5/10.
    Shows like that are dime a dozen to boot.

After having watched The Americans, it's hard to watch some second rate show about the same thing pretty much.

This is another show entirely but I'm finding myself in the same boat when it comes to making myself finish a show that is becoming quite a drag to watch. Longmire started out really well but around season 3 it became stale as .

I shouldn't dropped it then but I continued. It's taken me 3 months to finish season 4.

I still like the show but there is so much victim of the week episode I can stomach.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Shows like that are dime a dozen to boot.

After having watched The Americans, it's hard to watch some second rate show about the same thing pretty much.

This is another show entirely but I'm finding myself in the same boat when it comes to making myself finish a show that is becoming quite a drag to watch. Longmire started out really well but around season 3 it became stale as .

I shouldn't dropped it then but I continued. It's taken me 3 months to finish season 4.

I still like the show but there is so much victim of the week episode I can stomach.
    thats the show I need to watch...Tha Americans. I started it back when it started but didn’t pick it back up. The only thing is that I’ll probably have to rewatch the first 8 or 9 episodes which I hate doing.

But it the consensus seems to be it’s an incredible show.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    CTOA, you catch season 5?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    CTOA, you catch season 5?
    Oh ...no....didn't know it was out. I've got a few more Mindhunters to watch and then I'll check it out.

Thanks.

Thread Information