Page 71 of 90 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 2226
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    that was against one of the better defenses of this era... they made a lot of qb's look like . including the league mvp in the superbowl
    THE BEST defense of this era. yeah I know Denver was missing Von Miller but Seattle hung upper 40s on them in the biggest game in sports... yeah Denver's D was great in '15 but it was really only a 1 year thing. Seattle's D was consistently historically great from 12-14 and still great in 11 and 15 before cracking a bit in 16 and then the wheels fell off in 17. But the legion of boom's sustained excellence makes them a top 3 all time historical defense, especially when you factor in modern playbooks and rules.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I agree, I always thought that about NBA all star weekend too. Why couldn't they have the rookie/soph game at noon, the skills/3pt/dunk contest in the late afternoon, and then the all star game prime time? All same day.
    Actually, I'm fine with NBA all star weekend. The only thing I'll even bother to watch if I'm home is the 3pt/dunk contests. But I don't go out of my way to see them since highlights are usually enough anyway.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I agree, I always thought that about NBA all star weekend too. Why couldn't they have the rookie/soph game at noon, the skills/3pt/dunk contest in the late afternoon, and then the all star game prime time? All same day.
    Because that would be stupid.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    pats fans are rooting for just about everyone except Green Bay imo at this point. Mahomes really isn't a short term threat to Brady's legacy, only loooooong term.
    Rodgers isn’t a threat to Brady’s legacy in the eyes of anyone who hasn’t suffered severe temporal lobe damage.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    I’m sure Will Hunting agrees that best case scenario is a ans-Niners Super Bowl, because then Pats fans can basically claim half a ring either way - Jimmy G or Vrabel winning is a win for New England as well.
    I like Vrabel but despise the ans and their decade of mediocre, boring football that always gets a strangely disproportionate amount of air time.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    I like Vrabel but despise the ans and their decade of mediocre, boring football that always gets a strangely disproportionate amount of air time.
    True, but I would just enjoy knowing that a share of their Super Bowl win belongs to the Pats. Same with the Niners.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    True, but I would just enjoy knowing that a share of their Super Bowl win belongs to the Pats. Same with the Niners.
    So how many rings do the spurs get tbh?

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    My Boston buddy is rooting 49ers

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    2 more nights

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    that was against one of the better defenses of this era... they made a lot of qb's look like . including the league mvp in the superbowl
    Not disagreeing and this is largely an unnecessary comment, but I just want to caveat it with the fact Peyton looked like on his own in that super bowl, and it’s a stain on his resume regardless of how good the Seahawks defense was

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    If the ans make the Super Bowl it would be an embarrassment for the NFL. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Chiefref if it’s a close game.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    THE BEST defense of this era. yeah I know Denver was missing Von Miller but Seattle hung upper 40s on them in the biggest game in sports... yeah Denver's D was great in '15 but it was really only a 1 year thing. Seattle's D was consistently historically great from 12-14 and still great in 11 and 15 before cracking a bit in 16 and then the wheels fell off in 17. But the legion of boom's sustained excellence makes them a top 3 all time historical defense, especially when you factor in modern playbooks and rules.
    I don’t think it’s even a question, the LOB Seawhawks defense was more dominant at its peak and to your point it lasted longer. It was basically a defense perfectly built for today’s NFL given its dominant secondary and athletic linebackers who eere great in coverage.

The ‘15 Broncos also had luck on their side. Only compe ion in their own conference was a Patriots team that had been hampered by injuries and had a patchwork offensive line, and they got to play a black QB in the super bowl who literally watched them recover his own fumble without fighting for it.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I don’t think it’s even a question, the LOB Seawhawks defense was more dominant at its peak and to your point it lasted longer. It was basically a defense perfectly built for today’s NFL given its dominant secondary and athletic linebackers who eere great in coverage.

The ‘15 Broncos also had luck on their side. Only compe ion in their own conference was a Patriots team that had been hampered by injuries and had a patchwork offensive line, and they got to play a black QB in the super bowl who literally watched them recover his own fumble without fighting for it.
    It was impressive that Brady hung 28 on them while they were still near their peak, and mostly did so by spamming targeting their weakest link at CB2 after the other corner tore his knee on that first drive interception. Then again, the Patriots had ALL their weapons healthy that year unlike other years, so it was a VERY stacked Patriots offense, even better than Denver's in 2013.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Didn't the Seahawks Defense have some unflattering home/away splits? It was essentially proven they heavily benefited from home crowd noise and supposedly pumping in crowd noise?

Off the top of my head Ill take early 2000 Ravens, Bucs, and Patriots defenses instead. I believe 2009 Jets statistics are great. Chargers/Bears had very strong defenses in the mid 2000s. Of course Steelers had great defenses over the past decade

I think Legion of Boom is certainly Top 10 since 2000. Maybe even Top 5. But historically, no way. Defensive line meh and linebackers just okay when compared to other great defenses of the Era.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Great game

49ers were a few bounces from 3 Super Bowls and a few bounces from 3 straight NFC le losses. Very entertaining time for a fan
    Last edited by FrostKing; 01-18-2020 at 01:23 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Didn't the Seahawks Defense have some unflattering home/away splits? It was essentially proven they heavily benefited from home crowd noise and supposedly pumping in crowd noise?

Off the top of my head Ill take early 2000 Ravens, Bucs, and Patriots defenses instead. I believe 2009 Jets statistics are great. Chargers/Bears had very strong defenses in the mid 2000s. Of course Steelers had great defenses over the past decade

I think Legion of Boom is certainly Top 10 since 2000. Maybe even Top 5. But historically, no way. Defensive line meh and linebackers just okay when compared to other great defenses of the Era.
    Defensive line was excellent in its prime. Not only that, it was also very deep. Probably no HOF type names but a bunch of very good players and a handful of fringe pro bowlers.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    It was impressive that Brady hung 28 on them while they were still near their peak, and mostly did so by spamming targeting their weakest link at CB2 after the other corner tore his knee on that first drive interception. Then again, the Patriots had ALL their weapons healthy that year unlike other years, so it was a VERY stacked Patriots offense, even better than Denver's in 2013.
    In terms of available receiving weapons it wasn’t, it was better because Brady>>>Manning. Brady has Edelman/Gronk/LaFell (2 of those 3 are nobodies without Brady throwing to them), Manning had Demaryius Thomas/Decker/Julius Thomas/Welker. It’s not even close as to who had better weapons, and I definitely would call it “stacked”

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    anyone trying to pass Manning’s performance against the Seahawks off as some perfectly acceptable showing where great offense lost to better defense because of how good the Seahawks were. The 2013 Broncos broke the 2007 Patriots record for points in a regular season and then could only muster up one touchdown (in garbage time) in the Super Bowl. As legendary as Seattles performance was, the Broncos choked PERIOD.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    In terms of available receiving weapons it wasn’t, it was better because Brady>>>Manning. Brady has Edelman/Gronk/LaFell (2 of those 3 are nobodies without Brady throwing to them), Manning had Demaryius Thomas/Decker/Julius Thomas/Welker. It’s not even close as to who had better weapons, and I definitely would call it “stacked”
    Amendola was also there and a big factor in that game. The point is that that specific season 2014 the Patriots had incredible injury luck. The offensive line and both Blount and White were all available too. That's some incredible injury luck.

When you look at ...2012, you lose Gronk in the divisional round and he's out for the championship game where the Patriots lose.

2013, you lose Gronk for the playoffs in a squeaky close late season home win against the Browns. After already losing Hernandez the previous summer.

2015, you lose 2 big pieces on the OL, your best 2 RBs and Edelman was playing but on a broken foot. 32 year old Steven Jackson is the "bell cow".

2016, Gronk is out the majority of season and all the playoffs and the Patriots still win the championship.

2017, Edelman is out the entire season and playoffs. Patriots still come close.

2018, Amendola is gone in free agency without a comparable replacement, Gronk is clearly past his prime and Edelman is back 100%... Patriots win the championship.

2019, Gronk is gone and the center is out the entire season and playoffs, WR is a complete turnstile except for Edelman and the Patriots are one and done.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Amendola was also there and a big factor in that game. The point is that that specific season 2014 the Patriots had incredible injury luck. The offensive line and both Blount and White were all available too. That's some incredible injury luck.

When you look at ...2012, you lose Gronk in the divisional round and he's out for the championship game where the Patriots lose.

2013, you lose Gronk for the playoffs in a squeaky close late season home win against the Browns. After already losing Hernandez the previous summer.

2015, you lose 2 big pieces on the OL, your best 2 RBs and Edelman was playing but on a broken foot. 32 year old Steven Jackson is the "bell cow".

2016, Gronk is out the majority of season and all the playoffs and the Patriots still win the championship.

2017, Edelman is out the entire season and playoffs. Patriots still come close.

2018, Amendola is gone in free agency without a comparable replacement, Gronk is clearly past his prime and Edelman is back 100%... Patriots win the championship.

2019, Gronk is gone and the center is out the entire season and playoffs, WR is a complete turnstile except for Edelman and the Patriots are one and done.
    That wasn’t your point, you said the Patriots 2014 offense was more stacked than Denver’s 2013 offense and it objectively wasn’t, injuries or not. Now you’re just going off on a tangent to avoid looking re ed but you still do though.

James White didn’t have a reception or rush attempt in the Super Bowl, and Blount averaged less than 3 yards a carry. Their starting running back was on IR after week 6. Talking out of your ass per par.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    I guess this is Pacific time? CST is 2:05..... Which is great.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Does that mean the Giants, Jets and Browns get shares of all the Patriots' rings?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    That wasn’t your point, you said the Patriots 2014 offense was more stacked than Denver’s 2013 offense and it objectively wasn’t, injuries or not. Now you’re just going off on a tangent to avoid looking re ed but you still do though.

James White didn’t have a reception or rush attempt in the Super Bowl, and Blount averaged less than 3 yards a carry. Their starting running back was on IR after week 6. Talking out of your ass per par.
    Oh I meant Vereen for 2014. White was effectively his replacement the next year, my bad.

Are you calling Ridley the starting running back? The guy who fumbled away the 2012 championship game vs Baltimore?

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Oh I meant Vereen for 2014. White was effectively his replacement the next year, my bad.

Are you calling Ridley the starting running back? The guy who fumbled away the 2012 championship game vs Baltimore?
    He played 6 games and started 5, before going on IR. He was the starting running back. Doesn’t that make sense to you, or is your brain that dumb that you can’t even get that?

Thread Information