Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I try to maintain hope that all people are capable of using reason when presented with information that has the slightest possibility of being understood by the person to whom it is directed. It often leads to disappointment, but I'll never give up on this optimism.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I try to maintain hope that all people are capable of using reason when presented with information that has the slightest possibility of being understood by the person to whom it is directed. It often leads to disappointment, but I'll never give up on this optimism.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    That's the only reason I continue to read Pusher's posts.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Ok, Push. I'll gfmyself now.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Well, the companies being sued think they have a case. We will see how the courts rule.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, the companies being sued think they have a case. We will see how the courts rule.
    almost made me spill my drink

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    almost made me spill my drink
    Please elaborate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The plaintiffs have a case. The defendant has a defense.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    The plaintiffs have a case. The defendant has a defense.
    Whatever. If it makes you feel good to find such errors, then be my guest.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Whatever. If it makes you feel good to find such errors, then be my guest.
    Thanks. You lay out a nice buffet if them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    somebody shared this video today... reminded me of this thread for some reason

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count

Are you saying you want a red line with green ink?

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count

Reminds me of a group of engineers I once worked with.

Notice the H1B guy is the only one that gets it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reminds me of a group of engineers I once worked with.

Notice the H1B guy is the only one that gets it?
    Notice how in a video of 5 non-Americans, you jumped to the conclusion that the Asian one needs an H1B visa for some reason?

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Well, the trial starts 5/27/14.

May the force be with them.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Notice how in a video of 5 non-Americans, you jumped to the conclusion that the Asian one needs an H1B visa for some reason?
    I didn't jump to that conclusion, especially with his accent. I just thought it would be funny to say because of the H1B visa argument.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    I am not a lawyer. But the fact that these cases have happened before and have been settled tells me something is wrong with employers colluding to lower wages. I guess I will find out after this thing is over with.
    LOL...

One of the settlements was agreeing not to stick with the no cold call agreement for 5 years. no money involved. I will assume this was an agreement to see the outcome of legal precedings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL...

One of the settlements was agreeing not to stick with the no cold call agreement for 5 years. no money involved. I will assume this was an agreement to see the outcome of legal precedings.
    They were agreeing not to make calls in an attempt to do what? Deliberate stupidity is a of a thing.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL...

One of the settlements ...

Uhhh... which case did I mention?

Yes I'm feeling like the Asian guy with WC in the room.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes I'm feeling like the Asian guy with WC in the room.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "no money involved"

... other than the money of criminal colluders that should have been paid to their employees.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Back in January, I wrote about “The Techtopus” — an illegal agreement between seven tech giants, including Apple, Google, and Intel, to suppress wages for tens of thousands of tech employees. The agreement prompted a Department of Justice investigation, resulting in a settlement in which the companies agreed to curb their restricting hiring deals. The same companies were then hit with a civil suit by employees affected by the agreements.

This week, as the final summary judgement for the resulting class action suit looms, and several of the companies mentioned (Intuit, Pixar and Lucasfilm) scramble to settle out of court, Pando has obtained court do ents (embedded below) which show shocking evidence of a much larger conspiracy, reaching far beyond Silicon Valley.

Confidential internal Google and Apple memos, buried within piles of court dockets and reviewed by PandoDaily, clearly show that what began as a secret cartel agreement between Apple’s Steve Jobs and Google’s Eric Schmidt to illegally fix the labor market for hi-tech workers, expanded within a few years to include companies ranging from Dell, IBM, eBay and Microsoft, to Comcast, Clear Channel, Dreamworks, and London-based public relations behemoth WPP. All told, the combined workforces of the companies involved totals well over a million employees.
    http://pando.com/2014/03/22/revealed...ion-employees/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For now, it’s enough to try to absorb what all of these cross-company, cross-industry secret labor-fixing agreements mean. Most labor stories about wage theft and corporate abuse tend to focus on low-wage earners and the most disadvantaged. Certainly it strains one’s sensibilities to compare an exploited low-wage worker in the fast food or retail industry to tech engineers and programmers, who are far better compensated, live more comfortably, and rarely worry about putting food in their children’s mouths.

In terms of pathos, there is no comparison; minimum wage earners are struggling to survive, and nearly all of the well-educated, privileged-born people in the media world agree that tech industry workers are all a bunch of overpaid misogynist libertarian bros, a caricature that makes it perfectly fine to hate the entire class, and impossible to consider them as political comrades stuck in the same predicament as the rest of the non-multimillionaires in this country.

What’s more important is the political predicament that low-paid fast food workers share with well-paid hi-tech workers: the loss of power over their lives and their futures to the growing mass of concentrated power in Silicon Valley, whose tentacles are so strong now and so great, that hundreds of thousands of workers around the globe—public relations and cable company employees in the British Isles, programmers and tech engineers in Russia and China (according to other do ents which I’ll write about soon)—have their lives controlled and their wages and opportunities stolen from them without ever knowing about it, all the while being bombarded with cultural cant about the wisdom of the free market, about the efficiency of free knowledge, about the need to take personal responsibility and to blame no one but yourself for everything that happens in your life and your career.
    same

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ahhhh...

The free market that can solve so many problems.
    The all knowing, infallible free market.
    Thank God for the press again, the 4th branch allowed a bit more freedom.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    I guess this illegal arrangement that paid me a base $72k annual in 2000 just wasn't enough, huh?

Thread Information