Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The disrespect is real for Lonnie and if I’m him I demand a trade ASAP . Putting him in with 53 seconds . Unreal disrespect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope he likes the cold. Maybe Nephew and Nando can give him some tips.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He should stop worrying about trades, and worry about becoming a better basketball player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't really demand a trade when you're an unproven rookie. You have no leverage, and nobody else has a reason to trade for you because you haven't done anything yet.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    op... shut up. another annoying "hope walker gets traded" line

just gutter mentality. this guy was raised in one the poorest crime infested cities in the country. he got out. he's not weak minded and soft like the half of y'all. he's faced actual adversity and thrived... making it out and becoming an example to his community... it's pretty reasonable and logical that this won't break him.

just another soft post from someone who hasn't actually watched him this season.

and for the argument that pop is the only one who does this... lots of coaches make rookies earn their minutes... the laughable bulls do it. nuggets do it. miami. to name a few...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just another soft post from someone who hasn't actually watched him this season.
    at 9 minutes being enough to come to a conclusion about him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's not about the length of time it's what he's done with the time. most would know you are a biased and emotional poster... you want him to play so you have rose colored glasses on. I want him to play too but he's been awful. he's not ready and may need to go to the G-League tbh

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, and tell the Spurs what? He’s an unproven 2nd year guy and say what you want about his potential, but he hasn’t done anything on the court. The NBA doesn’t really work like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys do know Lonnie's had chances to show Pop and the team his worth in practices, right? It's not just that he doesn't make the most of the time he gets in real games. He's obviously not showing enough in practices, no matter how unimportant Allen Iverson thought they were.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's not about the length of time it's what he's done with the time. most would know you are a biased and emotional poster... you want him to play so you have rose colored glasses on. I want him to play too but he's been awful. he's not ready and may need to go to the G-League tbh
    Oh, so you want him to come in and light up or else he isnt "ready"? That's not how it works, buddy. Theres a learning curve for everyone. He hasn't been given that chance to learn.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which is odd considering the pro-Lonnie crowd believes he's a First Team All-NBA in waiting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, so you want him to come in and light up or else he isnt "ready"? That's not how it works, buddy. Theres a learning curve for everyone. He hasn't been given that chance to learn.
    no not even that much. if he could just come in and not muck things up and play the system he would already have bell's spot. IMO you can tell Pop has penciled him in for bell's spot but he keeps giving him every reason to keep him out. He hasn't found his peace on the floor yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which is odd considering the pro-Lonnie crowd believes he's a First Team All-NBA in waiting.
    Pro-Lonnie? How about just pro-Spurs? Doesn't take a genius to realize that he has a higher ceiling than that Italian piece of Pop continues to trot out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    giving young players too much load when they haven't earned it is a major contributing factor to why so many lottery players bust. Just give it time. They are gonna develop him the right way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pro-Lonnie? How about just pro-Spurs? Doesn't take a genius to realize that he has a higher ceiling than that Italian piece of Pop continues to trot out.
    and just put 2 and 2 together... the bar is that low and Lonnie still can't play... that's how bad it is for a coach who wants to play him but can't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no not even that much. if he could just come in and not muck things up and play the system he would already have bell's spot. IMO you can tell Pop has penciled him in for bell's spot but he keeps giving him every reason to keep him out. He hasn't found his peace on the floor yet.
    Let him play more than 9 minutes and if he continues making the same mistakes, then talk. Again, learning curve. Let him learn from his mistakes.

One 5 minute stint and a 3 minute stint three games later doesn't qualify as a fair chance. Doesn't matter how disastrous you think he's been.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let him play more than 9 minutes and if he continues making the same mistakes, then talk. Again, learning curve. Let him learn from his mistakes.

One 5 minute stint and a 3 minute stint three games later doesn't qualify as a fair chance. Doesn't matter how disastrous you think he's been.
    he's played himself off the floor every game he has played... i don't understand y'alls crowd.... play him till we lose games? and this is my opinion but we've already lost a game because of him..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    giving young players too much load when they haven't earned it is a major contributing factor to why so many lottery players bust. Just give it time. They are gonna develop him the right way.
    Too much load? Nobody is asking to make him the go to guy. Just give him Belli's minutes.

and just put 2 and 2 together... the bar is that low and Lonnie still can't play... that's how bad it is for a coach who wants to play him but can't.
    Right. Because Pop isn't known for favoring his guys or anything. It's not like he closed a Game 7 with a guy that shot 20% in the playoffs. Must be all on Lonnie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too much load? Nobody is asking to make him the go to guy. Just give him Belli's minutes.

Right. Because Pop isn't known for favoring his guys or anything. It's not like he closed a Game 7 with a guy that shot 20% in the playoffs. Must be all on Lonnie.
    i'm just gonna agree to disagree.. there's not much else I can say... I just watch games and this is what i've seen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's played himself off the floor every game he has played... i don't understand y'alls crowd.... play him till we lose games? and this is my opinion but we've already lost a game because of him..
    Two games. Stop wording it like he's had plenty of opportunities. You apparently also cant grasp how a learning process works.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. WE all want Lonnie to succeed. But he hasn't shown much so far. And the coaching staff also see him in practice. They know more about the present state of his readiness than we possibly can. Sure, game time is the best, but it isn't the only way for them to evaluate him. And, again, I've seen nothing in his short stints that made me think he's ready to unseat anyone. Trey Lyles, brand new to the Spurs, looks a lot better than Lonnie who has more time in the system.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It blows my mind that two short stints are enough for some people to form an opinion. It's insane, really.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This dude has been a clown since we drafted him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He should stop worrying about trades, and worry about becoming a better basketball player.
    I doubt he is worrying about trades like his fluffers on ST, but I also have some doubts that he is worrying much about becoming a better basketball player. I think he needs to go to Austin and actually play basketball. I don't think sitting on the SA bench is doing him much good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two games. Stop wording it like he's had plenty of opportunities. You apparently also cant grasp how a learning process works.
    i believe it was 3... to be fair he has given Lonnie chances... one game he gave up 2 and 1's, one game was 2 turnovers, and another he gave an and 1. You talk about the limited time he's had on the floor... how do you consistently do that... he's played like 5 games counting garbage time and gotten 3 shots at the rotation. Didn't pass the eye test or the game. He. is. not. ready.

Edit: I looked my information up. Feel free to stat check. Not two games but 3.

Thread Information