Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 LastLast
    foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ King of the Sniffers is back and ready to lick some Poop ass.

Bryn Forbes. All my homies hate that POS.
    speaking of licking poop ass, tell your mom if she wants me to ever consider it she need to wipe first and clean up... there's a reason you are such a stinky ahole and have such "poop" takes... i guess tha poop don't fall far from the ass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TBH I'm glad to have Forbes back with the knowledge that Pop knows the focal points and the youth will be given a shot. The idea of him starting or coming in with an assumed large role was nauseating to say the least. But having someone who knows the system and who is at the very least gonna come to work and push everyone; in that sense it's a good thing. Championship experience or not he is a champion and was a solid contributor until he needed to be taken out. Got to give the guy his due. It's not like he was someone who rode the pine for a year and got an easy ring like Gerard King or something... I think his presence will only help the team as long as his game presence doesn't effect the outcome in a negative way. He is a very useful player as a fringe rotation player in a way that Steve Kerr use to be.

Not gonna lie, haven't been this excited about a Spurs team since we signed LMA. Plan on investing in some Att... I think this team may be a surprise team in the league and I have really high expectations from Primo... I think he could be really special and in the mold of the Kobes and MJs of the world. He's got that same kind of focus and passion... And his form isn't there yet but if he could perfect it, I think he could have a very polished game. IMO he can do everything like Kobe and MJ could, but I think he needs to be a shooting guard. Getting reps at point isn't gonna affect that. He is special IMO; very special. As of now I think Keldon and him are future All Stars. Lonnie needs to find his niche already; I mean he's a slasher/shooter type but it hasn't been mastered. I don't know how he fits long term. He's starting to look like that odd man out, but his ceiling is a highly combustible scorer so he just needs to be very aggressive while playing smart. Dejounte would make a great 3rd piece. DWhite in a Ginobili role would be perfect. And if Vassell could be some sort of Ariza in his prime type player I think he would be fine. I think he has elite role player potential as a glue guy, defender and spot up shooter.

Ideally I see a Primo led attack followed by KJ and then Dejounte. White can lead the bench as he is at his best facilitating the rock. I think Poetl would be better with him as they work really well together but Jock may be second there.

I find Jock's skillset very tantalizing. I mean if he was a rookie with that skillset and he was at a top program he would be a lottery pick IMO. He can pick and roll, and pick and pop, and is a great finisher. His shot doesn't look modern in the aspect of just shooting to shoot. He has a pure form. I'd love to see him with the starters. I think he would fit very well there and you can squeeze another shooter in.

For me this is what I'd like to see;

Starters; DJ, Primo, KJ, Doug, Jock
    DJ, Lonnie, KJ, Doug, Jock

Most likely IMO; DJ, Lonnie, Devin, KJ, Poetl

I think this team will really struggle with spacing unless two can be close to knockdown shooters. But defensively they would be very tenacious and I'd assume start the game like that and help build the mentality and set the tone.

To me the odd guys out are Devin and Poetl because. Especially Jak; he's just been so soft in the middle. I think a tough Aussie like Jock could really push him and light a fire, so I think he will have a great year cause he has to. As for Devin, I know his Defense is great and if he is a knockdown shooter, then yeah replace him with Doug, but Doug a vet and has offense in himself with his movement. I don't know how mobile Jock is and if the focus is rebuilding the D then yeah that might not work but... as far as matching skill sets I think it is very balanced and he won't be expected to do much. It would quite literally be the same reason why Pop gave so much burn to Trey Lyles...

As for the Bench I'd like to see;

DW, Lonnie, Devin, Thad, and Poetl - Solid defense, plenty of scoring and vet leadership. Could be one of the best benches in the league IMO.
    DW, Primo, Devin, Thad, and Poetl - Gives the kid a chance to earn his stripes before starting and lets Lonnie control his fate.

Most Likely;
    DW, Bryn, Primo, Doug, Thad - Lacking on D with doubled the weak links, offensively could be explosive and give a spark you typically want from the bench, could be very compe ive or go sideways fast.
    Primo isn’t physically ready. He’ll be in Austin, this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo isn’t physically ready. He’ll be in Austin, this year.
    ultimately is the word i forgot to add after ideally. my b... he's got the ability to create space and his own shot...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ultimately is the word i forgot to add after ideally. my b... he's got the ability to create space and his own shot...
    In the summer league, where no one cares about defense. He was like the 4th option on a nowhere SEC team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the summer league, where no one cares about defense. He was like the 4th option on a nowhere SEC team.
    Avery was also a coach there not too long ago, and they have been apparently watching him for years.. conspiracy theories aside if you get my implications... KJ knew him... lots of connections there. If they reached like this they clearly "wanted their guy and made sure to get their guy."

But summer league or not name the last guy who made shots which looked like that and made it look that easy.. Kawhi if I'm not mistaken and he's 18.. his mentality and drive, character all diamond .. I mean he has that clutch factor; kids his age typically their pants or play their age and maturity.. He doesn't let much phase him. Listen to the pod where his agent gives his thoughts about him.

I don't know how many ppl believe in the "it factor" but he definitely has that.. He's just wise beyond his years man. He's got the name and the game. Keldon is like a bully scorer like a wing-like Julius Randle... If he has a primary who can create space and shots and have a gravity that really opens it up for him.

As for DJ he's solid don't get me wrong. He's a dog for sure and someone you want to battle with, but he doesn't have a star game man. He's somewhat limited offensively because his weak handles. White I think has elite role player potential, it's just he's gonna have to be limited like Ginobili cause I fear he's fragile. Lonnie just needs to be more aggressive while playing within the boundaries so to speak.
    Last edited by raybies; 10-02-2021 at 08:27 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    speaking of licking poop ass, tell your mom if she wants me to ever consider it she need to wipe first and clean up... there's a reason you are such a stinky ahole and have such "poop" takes... i guess tha poop don't fall far from the ass
    I knew you loved eating . That's why you scarf down these Poop turd sammy specials with a smile.

Now tell us how Bryn Forbes is a great pickup again, Mr. Great Takes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I knew you loved eating . That's why you scarf down these Poop turd sammy specials with a smile.

Now tell us how Bryn Forbes is a great pickup again, Mr. Great Takes.
    same ol , hater ass takes with no substance.. "my boys don't like him." keep slurping your homies while you got the chin music playing.. I actually defend my stance and am open to sharing... you just a hater...

ill take the sammy special over weak sauce.. and as i positioned, I don't love eating at all, but when I do I prefer it to be clean... poop boy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dang, I knew my boy raybies was ing re ed but I didn't know as to what level. Amazing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dang, I knew my boy raybies was ing re ed but I didn't know as to what level. Amazing.
    takes a re to know a re unfortunately in this case it is just a beam in your eye. lol

I listed my thoughts. I know how they sound. I'll eat crow if I need to but otherwise that's my speculation and I listed my reasoning.

But as they say stupid is as stupid does.. it's pretty stupid to call someone's takes stupid with no assertion... pretty re ed actually.

For example and please stay with me, this is "SpursTalk." I suppose I may have it wrong but I think the implication of the name of the website is to talk Spurs. What are you talking about? lol You just been here bull ting for years with innumerable ass takes.
    Last edited by raybies; 10-03-2021 at 05:30 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My sincere hope continues to be that they signed Bryn with intention of using him as a trade asset at the deadline. If he does well, you can see a contender talking themselves into him as a key reserve for a playoff push.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    raybies fwiw it was a good post and we need some optimism on ST. And you even said you'd prefer Frobes out of the rotation but he's gonna be getting minutes initially no doubt. If the season sours I'd say it's likely coach kicks Forbes to the curb and the raw players move up. Interesting take on Primo even getting minutes much less in the rotation but we all saw Parker start 10 games in 20 years ago... Though SEC and French league experience probably doesn't measure up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can he just disappear for 3 years again? Then again, we need some clowns here for laughs now and then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My sincere hope continues to be that they signed Bryn with intention of using him as a trade asset at the deadline. If he does well, you can see a contender talking themselves into him as a key reserve for a playoff push.
    Really? Because the Bucks talked themselves out of it and benched his ass for a corpse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The question of whether Primo should start or not depends more on his own temperament than physical "readiness". Even if he's physically not ready (which I honestly don't think is true, but whatever), if he's the type of compe or that can take a bunch of lumps while he gets better, then it's in his best interest to learn in the best league possible as much as possible. If him being physically outmatched will frustrate him or otherwise cause legit damage to his mental state, then you put him the weight room and get him ready. I actually think Primo is in the former camp, and especially given that I think he's already a physical match for most two-guards in the modern NBA, I think he'd find a balance where he can exist in the league while also clearly seeing where he needs to grow. I've long been a proponent of the team bringing Josh off the bench in a defined role rather than shunting him off to Austin. It's good that they have Bryn there to fill the role if Primo can't, but ideally, Forbes gets traded for some value later in the year so Josh can come up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fvck!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this explains why Manu is back. special instructor to new 6th man and future legend Bryn Forbes

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Legendary thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this explains why Manu is back. special instructor to new 6th man and future legend Bryn Forbes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    raybies fwiw it was a good post and we need some optimism on ST. And you even said you'd prefer Frobes out of the rotation but he's gonna be getting minutes initially no doubt. If the season sours I'd say it's likely coach kicks Forbes to the curb and the raw players move up. Interesting take on Primo even getting minutes much less in the rotation but we all saw Parker start 10 games in 20 years ago... Though SEC and French league experience probably doesn't measure up.
    I 100% expect Primo to get minutes; I mean he’s a lottery pick. You never want to bury someone like that… When is the last lottery pick we have ever had that didn’t get minutes. Lottery players typically play because you think they have lottery talent. Lottery talent if accurate never gets DNPs ya know. And this is a year to see what they have. Why in the world would a team that has league wide expectations of going back to the lottery not spend time to develop their youth especially with the best prospect we’ve had since Kawhi… that point is debatable I know but for me at least that is my stance. And Pop has already said what the focus is… there is few vets and its all about the youth and their development. This year is a crash course on building a compe ive team or simply A how to win NBA games for dummies so to speak.

According to what the players are saying its gonna be a defensive first, fast paced, beautiful game type mentality… if they can execute I really believe they can do something special. DD, RG, and LMA aren’t alphas or closers… They were never gonna take us anywhere on their backs and they were ancient dinosaurs of all old ball stopping era… I am beyond thrilled they are gone. At least Bryn and Mc are knock down shooters who won’t stop the ball ya know. I am thankful for their time but it completely extracted my interest in the team… For me I lost all desire to follow the team during DDs meltdown in Denver. To me thats when I knew the team was dead…

The team was a fkn weed i wanted to get pulled for years… I knew how it would play out… There was no hope there at all. The head of the snake was full of chokers with weak mentalities. After watching legends for almost 20 years I could just not stomach the cowardliness tbh… drove me nuts… I knew any big game the “stars” would the bed. I knew pop gave to much reign to these vets/mercs who didnt deserve it. I knew it would be one and out… Felt like a waste of time for the first time in my life as a fan…

I mean I kept track of the scores and I lurked and I caught a game here and there but that brand of basketball to me was revolting… could barely hold my interest for mere minutes… But the Anti 3 are gone now and my interest feels restored lol
    Last edited by raybies; 10-03-2021 at 03:19 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can he just disappear for 3 years again? Then again, we need some clowns here for laughs now and then.
    Can you imagine spewing this :

But having someone who knows the system and who is at the very least gonna come to work and push everyone; in that sense it's a good thing. Championship experience or not he is a champion and was a solid contributor until he needed to be taken out. Got to give the guy his due.
    and having the audacity to be defensive about people calling you a ing re ? Is he in the denial stage or something?

Anyway thank God for raybies and his comedic takes whether they're intentional or not to lighten the mood around here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I For me I lost all desire to follow the team during DDs meltdown in Denver. To me thats when I knew the team was dead…
    Ha! I'm glad you also remember DeRozan getting kicked out in game 6. I sold my stock on him after that performance. And recall Aldridge was still a damn productive player in '18-'19

And trust me you didn't miss a whole lot skipping on the 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 seasons. Not only did coronavirus ruin both years but a firmly entrenched Derozan anchoring the Spurs was unlike anything Spurs fans had to deal with since Robinson's rookie year. The guy developed a baffling aversion to even attempting a 3-pt shot.

You had coach playing head games with Walker in his rookie year benching him repeatedly for errors that Forbes and Bellinelli made routinely. Walker had a tremendous breakout game vs Houston in Dec 2019 and iirc coach didn't play him the subsequent games. They signed this complete scrub of a player named Demare Carroll whose play made Frobes seem valuable. They eventually cut the guy midway despite him being a 'key' signing the previous summer.

And last year it was the Gay and Mills show (behind DeRozan) with neither player ever getting a boot no matter how harmful their play was. The Spurs best win was a drubbing of Phoenix without DeRozan or Mills.

This is a good year to restart watching SA routinely, though I suggest be cautious with how you think Popovich will manage Primo. Unless coach has truly adopted a change to his methods I don't see the 18 year old getting PT ahead of the glut of swingmen, with Forbes being the real barrier between Primo and the court. I envision another Walker/Belinelli scenario like two years ago. Very much hope to be proven wrong

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As long as he doesn’t get too much minutes and is paired up with solid to good defenders, I feel he will have a good season. Hopefully Pop doesn’t over play the man like he did In the past.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Won't be getting accurate picture with Tre being hurt. Brynn probably get his minutes....Fook!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ha! I'm glad you also remember DeRozan getting kicked out in game 6. I sold my stock on him after that performance. And recall Aldridge was still a damn productive player in '18-'19

And trust me you didn't miss a whole lot skipping on the 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 seasons. Not only did coronavirus ruin both years but a firmly entrenched Derozan anchoring the Spurs was unlike anything Spurs fans had to deal with since Robinson's rookie year. The guy developed a baffling aversion to even attempting a 3-pt shot.

You had coach playing head games with Walker in his rookie year benching him repeatedly for errors that Forbes and Bellinelli made routinely. Walker had a tremendous breakout game vs Houston in Dec 2019 and iirc coach didn't play him the subsequent games. They signed this complete scrub of a player named Demare Carroll whose play made Frobes seem valuable. They eventually cut the guy midway despite him being a 'key' signing the previous summer.

And last year it was the Gay and Mills show (behind DeRozan) with neither player ever getting a boot no matter how harmful their play was. The Spurs best win was a drubbing of Phoenix without DeRozan or Mills.

This is a good year to restart watching SA routinely, though I suggest be cautious with how you think Popovich will manage Primo. Unless coach has truly adopted a change to his methods I don't see the 18 year old getting PT ahead of the glut of swingmen, with Forbes being the real barrier between Primo and the court. I envision another Walker/Belinelli scenario like two years ago. Very much hope to be proven wrong
    Like wise. And yeah I caught most of that. Corona ball was ass though... couldn't stand the trickle down effect which equate to a watered down product that was just not fun to watch...

Thread Information